1st time grower - should I top these plants yet

• Thread starter abcdefghii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

abcdefghii

Hello,

Trying my hand at growing some plants outside, so far, they have been growing pretty nicely, in fact the smaller plants have put on a solid amount of growth since I took these pictures about a week ago. Discovered what I think is caterpillars eating the leaves on some of the plants (chewed up sections on the leaves), so picked up some Spinosad, Neem Oil and Monterey BT, overall though except for one of the small plants I noticed this morning the new leaves only seem to have 1-3 points to them. It's growing solidly though.

Anyway, on to the topic, should I top these yet? The bigger one that is not as bushy I think definitely, the bushier larger plant, not sure, the smaller ones I don't think I do, but read that once the plants are about 6-8" in height that they may need topping.

1st time grower   should i top these plants yet
1st time grower   should i top these plants yet 2
1st time grower   should i top these plants yet 3
1st time grower   should i top these plants yet 4
1st time grower   should i top these plants yet 5
1st time grower   should i top these plants yet 6

Overall, I hope the plants look healthy and continue to grow over the coming weeks. It's a little stressful, but also enjoyable seeing new growth on them.

Thanks.

jdog22

jdog22

im a fan of it and i would say yes. i usually top after i see my first 5point leaf. but i dont usually try outdoor.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Topping isn't as big a deal outdoors, because you have practically infinite light penetration from the 93 million mile hanging height on the light. Not reason not to, if that's what you like, though.

Top Bottom