Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So awesome what you can do oth wire. The spiral is an interesting way to do do that.
I like it
I’ve always liked how bonzai trees get shaped, I watch videos of people redoing them, replanting, soil removal and new soil etc, I may do that with the hydra plant eventually, or I may just chop her back, and cut off about 5/8 of the root ball and replant

Have you ever cleaned out roots on a mother and replanted?

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Houston.. we have a problem… the rocket overshot it’s target height 🤣

And this is after I managed to squeeze 2 extra inches outta my ratchet straps too
Prob already know this, but you can gain an addition 3-4" of height with an LED panel by attaching it with the wire clips this way. Makes the wires half the length, pulls the panel up by a few inches.

IMG 20240701 092050943
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

@Oldchucky would do one better tho, he drowns the plant. Hangs it upside down in a 50g rubbish bin fully submerged.

I’d probably adopt the method if I could outdo.
I plant in ground lol.

And if I hadn't I already have several plants that wouldn't even fit in a full chifferobe closet let alone a 50-100 gallon drum lmao.

Pb1s gonna finish prob 8 foot tall and just as wide with a pound or two on her lol. She's already over 6 foot tall about 7 foot wide.

I actually don't have bug issues worth busting out a water drum or a leaf blower. I just took a big ole bong rip and had the idea by the time I exhaled 🤣🤣🤣

I've seen a couple russets after windy days and I just spinosad everything when I do since no flowers yet. Should they start to reproduce unchecked though on into flower, I'm just gonna leaf blower them onto the face of the hill and spinosad and pyrethrin them straight to hell probably.

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 🚀 living soil
Supporter
Prob already know this, but you can gain an addition 3-4" of height with an LED panel by attaching it with the wire clips this way. Makes the wires half the length, pulls the panel up by a few inches.
They make clips that you can have your light a couple inches from the top. Vipraspectre has them come with their lights, way more height gained that way. Check them out

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
With that design, I would use none of those pick points, and just take 2 of the clips and slip knot them around the driver
I’ve always liked how bonzai trees get shaped, I watch videos of people redoing them, replanting, soil removal and new soil etc, I may do that with the hydra plant eventually, or I may just chop her back, and cut off about 5/8 of the root ball and replant

Have you ever cleaned out roots on a mother and replanted?
I sure have, it’s extreme, I’m sure the cb will take it ok, if you need too. You just need to make sure if you do that, when you go to repot toss a healthy amount of myco in the directly under the root ball, so it can get activated and turn on some uptake in high gear sooner than later. Or have it pre mixed and watered so it is already on the colonize tip.
you just gotta make sure to get that food in medium put back gradually and swiftly. some plants will dampen off though if you are not careful. I also put a rag or towel of the top most exposed roots while you rinse, the light has pantera red a bit under the soil and all that white light the ball could potentially be exposed too, will hasten root hardening. it doesn’t take long for those top roots to get pushed even in the small amount of exposure
It’s depending on what a strains tolerance are as well. Be careful man. 👊🏻🤡

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I pulled some of the larger fan leaves that weren’t getting any light off of my girls. Decided to feed the bear 🐻 🤣
Also pulled my 3x3 apart and relocated the okie x cman, she was in the back left corner and wasn’t even half as tall as the other girls in the tent, so she’s now in my 2x2. Turned out that she wasn’t drinking any of the water I’d been giving her and she was slowly drowning. I’m hoping that she enjoys her new home and that she’ll dry back so that I can get her back on track.
Now there’s just four plants in the 3x3 , and they’re all about the same height. Much easier to manage than before, and they’re all about 30-36 inches tall from the soil. Took a few cuttings, lets see if I can’t kill these ones too 🤣

Autoflowers are at the 4 week mark and are filling out nicely.
IMG 5564

IMG 5561
IMG 5563
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

With that design, I would use none of those pick points, and just take 2 of the clips and slip knot them around the driver
I sure have, it’s extreme, I’m sure the cb will take it ok, if you need too. You just need to make sure if you do that, when you go to repot toss a healthy amount of myco in the directly under the root ball, so it can get activated and turn on some uptake in high gear sooner than later. Or have it pre mixed and watered so it is already on the colonize tip.
you just gotta make sure to get that food in medium put back gradually and swiftly. some plants will dampen off though if you are not careful. I also put a rag or towel of the top most exposed roots while you rinse, the light has pantera red a bit under the soil and all that white light the ball could potentially be exposed too, will hasten root hardening. it doesn’t take long for those top roots to get pushed even in the small amount of exposure
It’s depending on what a strains tolerance are as well. Be careful man. 👊🏻🤡
I'm not gonna need the extra height. I just think they look better to my eye aesthetically that way lol. I've played with lots of ways to hang em.

I'ma prob be using somewhat dense (relatively speaking anyway) soils with clones in there for breeding. Mainly so I can be lazy.

Nothing substantial, just a little plant brothel. And I got 58 inches of vertical space to play with.

I just hang em that way, and use the power cord tied off somewhere to adjust horizontal angle of the panel.

Btw I'll be making S1s of all my best phenotypes to that will let me as well to starts. so I can share them with whoever wants em.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I'm not gonna need the extra height. I just think they look better to my eye aesthetically that way lol. I've played with lots of ways to hang em.

I'ma prob be using somewhat dense (relatively speaking anyway) soils with clones in there for breeding. Mainly so I can be lazy.

Nothing substantial, just a little plant brothel. And I got 58 inches of vertical space to play with.

I just hang em that way, and use the power cord tied off somewhere to adjust horizontal angle of the panel.

Btw I'll be making S1s of all my best phenotypes to that will let me as well to starts. so I can share them with whoever wants em.

Salutations, pip pip ol chap!
I do say,
Clowns fancy beans
That’s badass to throw out there man.

You know where I be!
Same bat time, same bat channel. 🦇🕛🦇📺
👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I pulled some of the larger fan leaves that weren’t getting any light off of my girls. Decided to feed the bear 🐻 🤣
Also pulled my 3x3 apart and relocated the okie x cman, she was in the back left corner and wasn’t even half as tall as the other girls in the tent, so she’s now in my 2x2. Turned out that she wasn’t drinking any of the water I’d been giving her and she was slowly drowning. I’m hoping that she enjoys her new home and that she’ll dry back so that I can get her back on track.
Now there’s just four plants in the 3x3 , and they’re all about the same height. Much easier to manage than before, and they’re all about 30-36 inches tall from the soil. Took a few cuttings, lets see if I can’t kill these ones too 🤣

Autoflowers are at the 4 week mark and are filling out nicely. View attachment 2208051
I see the bear necessities are fully in order.
Baloo has the idea.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
They make clips that you can have your light a couple inches from the top. Vipraspectre has them come with their lights, way more height gained that way. Check them out
I like using 12-16g ground wire , and use it like a tight rope across the very top of the tent frame then, if you have a detachable driver remove and slide your light in between the wires and tent canvas. If your driver doesn’t come off, make yourself an insulated panel out foil and cardboard. Cut a piece the size of the driver and do foil, cardboard, foil cardboard…….and put that in between your tent canvas and driver. It works great.
I e def been down this road plenty hahaha

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

What on earth is Facebook?
I mean, I have a scrap book of peoples faces, it really did start to stink though about 10 years back. I should really eat those sometime soon before they aren’t good anymore.
I spend most of my time in FB jail, 30 days at a time but it's good for keeping in touch with people I've gotten to know online through the years, otherwise it's shit😉 and I remind them of this fact every chance I get.
7w9a47

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Salutations, pip pip ol chap!
I do say,
Clowns fancy beans
That’s badass to throw out there man.

You know where I be!
Same bat time, same bat channel. 🦇🕛🦇📺
👊🏻🤡
I'll be sending Peaceblaster #1 in an s1 to whoever wants it for sure. That thing is a f*cking Leviathan.

That pheno by itself was worth all the effort on that F1 100%. And I haven't even seen it flower yet.

Top Bottom