2024 Outdoor/Sexing. Is it too soon?

Organic13

Organic13

Thank you.

At what point should I be concerned about having a male around? Do I have awhile to go? I don't want to be a bugaboo or worrying for no reason.

Organic13

Organic13

I don't have time to start more in my zone. I initially thought I did, but I don't. First frost is predicted 10/20/24.

Beazy

Beazy

Can you get better focused pics of a anb b ?? Looking again it does look like they may be showing but not the best pics

Organic13

Organic13

Yeah, when I get home I can. Sorry.

I grew guerilla style in my 20s and never even checked on my plants. Maybe I should find that mindset again.

Thanks again for your help.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think you should start more! The ones you start now will flower at the same time as the ones you started a month ago! It will just be smaller! You still got a couple months of veg! Just two cents! You might be surprised at how much a plant can grow in a month and a half or two, before flowering!

Organic13

Organic13

I will go drop them in water now.

This strain is 70% indica dominant. I've been reading that may not do well in my neck of the woods because of humidity (outdoor growth).

Do you know of any strains that would do well?

The sellers on this site are all reputable? Meaning, if I buy feminized seeds, that's what I'm getting?

I'll either be growing indoors over winter or ne far more prepared next year, with knowledge and strains.

Growing from seed is so different that growing from a clone.

Thanks, @Oldchucky . Your two cents is always much appreciated.

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
I think you should start more! The ones you start now will flower at the same time as the ones you started a month ago! It will just be smaller! You still got a couple months of veg! Just two cents! You might be surprised at how much a plant can grow in a month and a half or two, before flowering!
I know guys who would still not be in the garden yet at this time! : ) though we may be in different zones. still! I second chucky’s recommendation. It could work out to be advantageous for you : )

Organic13

Organic13

I'm on it. Dropped all that I have.

I would prefer to be in the ground. I'm fighting with moles right now worse than in Caddyshack. I also have a huge black walnut tree almost directly over the grow area. I have no clue if Mary Jane is juglone tolerant. Both scenarios prevent me from being in ground now, but possible even permanently. Trees aren't going anywhere and the moles don't seem to be either.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Fabric bags work just fine! And in my opinion, the bigger the bag, the bigger the plant! You can reuse the soil! Until you get stuff dial in, the ability to move the plant can be a big deal! What is full sunlight today, might be full shade September 1! Things change! But those beans aren’t doing you any good sitting in a drawer! Go for it!

Organic13

Organic13

I think there's 16 I put in a cup of water. I did a damp paper towel last time. While each one germinated, I didn't like the sprout somewhat clinging to the paper towel. It had only been 24 hours. Didn't think that much would happen in that time frame.

I definitely like the ability to move around with pots/bags. I guess there's pros and cons to both and my cons strongly outweigh my pros currently.

Thanks again.

Organic13

Organic13

@Stokes I will post pics of the plants later today. Busy morning. Also, I just skimmed these messages again. Sorry. I missed when you asked me to post a pic of seed pack. These came from a friend that grows a fuck ton in Cali. My seeds just came in a vial with the name written on them. They aren't feminized or anything. These folks are very old school. She makes RSO and edibles out of a lot of the material.

Here is 18 more that I've started. I'm a little worried about time, but like good @Oldchucky stated, they ain't doing no good sitting in a drawer.

Got dirt in my coffee this morning. I just stirred it in and kept going.

The pots with the X marks where the only ones popped open, but without tails yet. Placed on their sides (2 out of 18).

20240628 100837
Organic13

Organic13

Yeah. This little venture may push me into indoor growing, even though I really don't have an interest for it. Especially because of my love of indica and the weather being like the Hawaiian tropics sometimes (80-90% humidity).

Next year, I will start everything much earlier and be better prepared, all around.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure there are a ton of growers here. I don't know of any anymore though.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 🚀
Supporter
I have posted twice in general growing info forum, but have quickly realized, it makes more sense to have everything together.

1st post:
Thread 'Introducing myself with a few questions.' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/introducing-myself-with-a-few-questions.159377/

2nd post:
Thread 'First time from seed, Rockstar strain, need some input on NPK, how often, and watering info' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/f...ut-on-npk-how-often-and-watering-info.160663/

Strain: Rockstar (Photoperiod. started 8, 4 survived, one is very tiny, don't have it in the photos or near the others.) Started 5/1/24

Growing medium: Happy Frog for seedlings. Uppotting with Ocean Floor, will be adding mycorrhizal fungus and worm castings too. Will get lighter colored pots or paint the ones I have becse they are black.

Watering: As needed. When pots feel light. I'd rather my plants be a little thirsty than overwatered.

Nutes: Started with comfrey tea and fish emulsion. Used fox farms Grow Big at half strength on 6/20. Will continue this weekly, unless a problem occurs. I was unsure what nutes to use and also very leary of synthetic nutes. Hopefully, what I got is fine. I've read a lot of complaints on here abt FF, but these were already ordered.

Weather has been awful. I'm in the midwest and it's been extremely hot with no rain and high humidity. We got a break today from the heat/humidity and finally got some rain, but not enough to fill rain barrels. Plants aren't stressed.

Trying to figure out if I have males or females. It is pretty hard to get my camera to pick up these fine details.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. View attachment 2201113View attachment 2201114View attachment 2201116View attachment 2201118View attachment 2201119View attachment 2201120View attachment 2201121View attachment 2201122View attachment 2201123View attachment 2201124View attachment 2201125View attachment 2201126
Bad pics I can't see but it's too early outdoors to pre sex IMO

Galgrows

Galgrows

Yeah. This little venture may push me into indoor growing, even though I really don't have an interest for it. Especially because of my love of indica and the weather being like the Hawaiian tropics sometimes (80-90% humidity).

Next year, I will start everything much earlier and be better prepared, all around.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure there are a ton of growers here. I don't know of any anymore though.
Fabric pots will work fine like the rest have said. Don't loose hope heck we don't know what the hell 3 months from now how weather will be? At least you can move them outta harms way when that time comes.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that black walnut might be a problem
@Thatoneguyyouknow_
just recently went through issues with a black walnut,..

Top Bottom