about trimming the leaves, need help....

ticsy

ticsy

hi! i have heard that "you don't want leaves on you're plant, you want the fruit (bud).
Does that mean i can remove all the leaves? I thought the leaves was the one producing photosynteziz

Galgrows

Galgrows

hi! i have heard that "you don't want leaves on you're plant, you want the fruit (bud).
Does that mean i can remove all the leaves? I thought the leaves was the one producing photosynteziz
Only remove dead leaf and only trim all leaf after harvest. Do ask questions it's really important to get many myths answered.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

U may not want leaves, but U absolutely need them to produce the big fruit.
I def defoliate throughout the grow. Also, I’m a fan of lollipopping, which eliminates the small, loose & fluffy buds that grow low on the plant. I despise trim jail and don’t wanna take the time to trim up a lot of larfy buds that won’t amount to anything.
The plant will put that energy into the tops, which is what we’re after anyway.
I don’t clip any leaves unless the plant is healthy and thriving. Follow that rule and you’ll be fine.

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

I believe they are referring to Schwazzing.

Screenshot 20240630 192802

ticsy

ticsy

Thanx for the reply :) and all you good help... that what i thought.. i understand when they say you want bud not leaf.. but you need the leaves to make photosyntesis..

Metalman1

Metalman1

With myself , I only remove the leaves that are blocking light, to the tops of branches. I do minor clippings every week. But, yes trim only what you have to, are my thoughts. You need fan leaves, but if I have one blocking the top of a branch it's gone.

quirk

quirk

Thanx for the reply :) and all you good help... that what i thought.. i understand when they say you want bud not leaf.. but you need the leaves to make photosyntesis..
I remove interior leaves that are covering the bud sites and their leaves. The fans have done their job and the bud sites leaves will take care of the energy needs required for stacking. Example shown is day 39/96 auto grape crush

Before exposing day 39
After exposing sites
End results
Metalman1

Metalman1

I remove interior leaves that are covering the bud sites and their leaves. The fans have done their job and the bud sites leaves will take care of the energy needs required for stacking. Example shown is day 39/96 auto grape crush
Nice. She looks pretty tasty !

Metalman1

Metalman1

Can anyone tell me, why I got 1 perfect seed, off of my last harvest of 3 plants, 2 months ago. I don't need seeds, but I was curious from a scientific point, if it would be as potent as the plant it came from ? 1 seed out of 3 Black gorilla's.

B

Busybee817

Can anyone tell me, why I got 1 perfect seed, off of my last harvest of 3 plants, 2 months ago. I don't need seeds, but I was curious from a scientific point, if it would be as potent as the plant it came from ? 1 seed out of 3 Black gorilla's.
Probably grew some nanners. A female plant can grow male flowers at anytime. The male flowers grow lil yellow bunches that have pollen in them, but not as much as a full male pollen sack. if one bud grows nanners it may fertilize the flowers close to it. Where 1 male pollen sack can do a whole 4x8 tent.

Metalman1

Metalman1

I have a question for you guys. Today is day 46, since tap root in ground. What day would be a perfect time to go to 12 hrs, and why ? I'm shooting for 53 or so !

Top Bottom