Anyone rate shogun fertiliser for bio bizz soil

• Thread starter frostybudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frostybudz

frostybudz

This is not the first time this has happened but it's annoying me now growing used to be mentally rewarding to me anyway...now I dunno ..I'm using bio bizz soil with shogun nutrients I've tried to adjust to the point I'm putting a 4th of recommended and still makes nute burn my pH floats between 5 and 6.5 which I thought is acceptable but still keep getting nute burn....any one recommend a nutrient that is easy to maintain without all the fuckery

frostybudz

frostybudz

Post up pics of affected leaves and whole plant
Advanced nutrients is consistent and widely available
There are some browny ones on the other side this pic was taken couple hrs ago and now they are in night so I don't want disturb them as I've flipped but all the fan leaves have either perished or I've pulled off after turning funny colours not purple..

Messenger creation 1168d1db 3e27 490c a68f 75d4d796ccdf
frostybudz

frostybudz

There are some browny ones on the other side this pic was taken couple hrs ago and now they are in night so I don't want disturb them as I've flipped but all the fan leaves have either perished or I've pulled off after turning funny colours not purple..
The tips

Stokes

Stokes

Is the plant asking for it when you begin feeding? Biobizz is just a blank soil right? No amendments, just mycorrhizae?

frostybudz

frostybudz

Btw are you on city water or well?
Bio bizz it's soil with perlite no additives I'm on tap water I fill 2l bottle apply nutrition leave half hour then check pH and act accordingly it floats between 5 and 6.5 I have Calibratied pH meter with pH buffer

Stokes

Stokes

Bio bizz it's soil with perlite no additives I'm on tap water I fill 2l bottle apply nutrition leave half hour then check pH and act accordingly it floats between 5 and 6.5 I have Calibratied pH meter with pH buffer
Is biobizz peat based? Typically wanna keep soil ph 6.2+

frostybudz

frostybudz

Sorry forgot to mention yes they do ask for it I put my finger in soil I go to the middle knuckle of my index finger and if it's dry I water about 200_300ml every other day

frostybudz

frostybudz

Yes it is with peet and will now carry on with a pH of 6.2 thanks mate 💯💯 this is why I jump on these forums because according to Google
I should be happy with pH between 5 and 7

Stokes

Stokes

Yes it is with peet and will now carry on with a pH of 6.2 thanks mate 💯💯 this is why I jump on these forums because according to Google
I should be happy with pH between 5 and 7
Wish i could help more regarding shogun. I have no experience with them. But i do know that alot of these nutrients are centered around ratios, and i have no problem admitting that i dont understand the science behind all that. Several on this site that are much smarter than me when it comes to all that. But i would recommend trying out another line of nutrients. I assume youre in the uk, ive seen people grow absolute bangers using old timers ( i think thats the name of it).

But in all honesty when talking in soil, im a big fan of the organic/dry amendment approach. Very timing oriented but overall less hassle. If youre gonna be meticulously monitoring ph/ec you might as well go all the way with coco.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

the soil looks really dry, letting it dry out all the way like this the ec in the soil rises, that could be the nute burn. you shouldnt be feeding for at least a good couple weeks in the growth period. the soil is already pre fertilized and can burn young plants really easy. if your using the bio soil you could try the nutrients to.👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom