Are My Ladies Ready To Harvest?

• Thread starter TheDankest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheDankest

TheDankest

This is my first grow, so I don't want to chop these ladies down too late or prematurely.

I also posted this on another forum and got multiple responses saying it looks like it's still a few weeks away from harvesting despite the fact it's reached the full 8 weeks advertised on the site I bought the seeds from. I'm just looking for a few more opinions!

From what I've read, I'm looking for about 75% of the pistils to turn orange and a ratio around 70/30 for cloudy/amber trichomes, but opinions on this also seem to vary greatly.

I've also read that some strains don't produce many amber trichomes and that waiting on these can result in past-their-prime trichomes effecting your overall THC levels. I've also heard that some strains will continue to push out new pistils pretty much until harvest time, which these two ladies seem to be pushing out a ton of new white pistils all the time.

I started flushing a week ago.

The strain I'm growing is Purple Punch feminized and today marks the final day of their 8th week in flowering. According to the site I bought the seeds from, the expected flowering time is between 6-8 weeks. However, I have heard there are circumstances where it can take longer than that.

Based on this, do these ladies look like their ready to harvest? If not, does anybody have some insight on how much longer they look like they need?

Are my ladies ready to harvest
Are my ladies ready to harvest 2
Are my ladies ready to harvest 3
Are my ladies ready to harvest 4
Are my ladies ready to harvest 5
Are my ladies ready to harvest 6
Are my ladies ready to harvest 7
Are my ladies ready to harvest 8
Are my ladies ready to harvest 9
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Beautiful plant, congratulations on a great first grow!

Breeders tend to underestimate the maturing time on their plants

I don't see much if any amber so I would check it again in a week, you might have 1 to 2 weeks to go

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

This is my first grow, so I don't want to chop these ladies down too late or prematurely.

I also posted this on another forum and got multiple responses saying it looks like it's still a few weeks away from harvesting despite the fact it's reached the full 8 weeks advertised on the site I bought the seeds from. I'm just looking for a few more opinions!

From what I've read, I'm looking for about 75% of the pistils to turn orange and a ratio around 70/30 for cloudy/amber trichomes, but opinions on this also seem to vary greatly.

I've also read that some strains don't produce many amber trichomes and that waiting on these can result in past-their-prime trichomes effecting your overall THC levels. I've also heard that some strains will continue to push out new pistils pretty much until harvest time, which these two ladies seem to be pushing out a ton of new white pistils all the time.

The strain I'm growing is Purple Punch feminized and today marks the final day of their 8th week in flowering. According to the site I bought the seeds from, the expected flowering time is between 6-8 weeks. However, I have heard there are circumstances where it can take longer than that.

Based on this, do these ladies look like their ready to harvest? If not, does anybody have some insight on how much longer they look like they need?
Beautiful grow, looks like it’s gonna be 🔥!!
I agree that you can definitely go a few more weeks. You’ll see a nice amount of filling out. Patience is key!

jdog22

jdog22

beautiful pictures! buds are forming immaculately :D youll need a jewlers loop to check out the tricomes you want 15% - 20% amber, the rest should be milky by than. clear tricomes indicate immaturity

jdog22

jdog22

i mean yea.
but you can descale a fish with a nail and a gernie but its going it to come up like sht.
theres a proper way for everything.
not saying youre wrong or im right, just mentioning the peoples way of telling if shes ready

TheDankest

TheDankest

Beautiful grow, looks like it’s gonna be 🔥!!
I agree that you can definitely go a few more weeks. You’ll see a nice amount of filling out. Patience is key!
Since it's looking like a few more weeks, should I switch back to feeding or just continue watering with plain water at this point?

H

HeadHunterpipes

Ya you killed it on the photos ,,,,,,,, good job .............................

Stokes

Stokes

Have you been putting it outside some? If you did about when did you start?

You did a great job btw

Stokes

Stokes

Completely indoor grow, the regulations here don't allow the ladies to be outdoors

Ok yeah. Was trying to figure out the 3 fingered leaves. Figured you may have supplemented outdoors in early may. Either way it makes absolutely no difference, was just an observation

Edit. Sorry dude. Someone hijacked your thread. I am retard

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Since it's looking like a few more weeks, should I switch back to feeding or just continue watering with plain water at this point?
You're going to get all kinds of answers so I can only tell you what I do, I feed up till 5-7 days before harvest.

TheDankest

TheDankest

You did a great job btw

Ok yeah. Was trying to figure out the 3 fingered leaves. Figured you may have supplemented outdoors in early may. Either way it makes absolutely no difference, was just an observation

Edit. Sorry dude. Someone hijacked your thread. I am retard
Haha no worries, I appreciate the feedback! I can't wait to try the end result. I learned my lesson for the next grow....I didn't put any kind of trellis in so a lot of the colas are sagging around but we're making due for now

TheDankest

TheDankest

You're going to get all kinds of answers so I can only tell you what I do, I feed up till 5-7 days before harvest.
My worries lie with potential nutrient burn if I start feeding them again after flushing a week ago. What's your opinion here?

Top Bottom