Are My Ladies Ready To Harvest?

• Thread starter TheDankest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

Id probably cut your next feeding by half and just water the rest of the way after that. Dont pay anymore attention to leaves

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Why even question it? do you wanna smoke? haha do it
Just leave the door open for em to do whatever they want, throw em some good vibes. And all is set!

M

MellowRello

This is my first grow, so I don't want to chop these ladies down too late or prematurely.

I also posted this on another forum and got multiple responses saying it looks like it's still a few weeks away from harvesting despite the fact it's reached the full 8 weeks advertised on the site I bought the seeds from. I'm just looking for a few more opinions!

From what I've read, I'm looking for about 75% of the pistils to turn orange and a ratio around 70/30 for cloudy/amber trichomes, but opinions on this also seem to vary greatly.

I've also read that some strains don't produce many amber trichomes and that waiting on these can result in past-their-prime trichomes effecting your overall THC levels. I've also heard that some strains will continue to push out new pistils pretty much until harvest time, which these two ladies seem to be pushing out a ton of new white pistils all the time.

I started flushing a week ago.

The strain I'm growing is Purple Punch feminized and today marks the final day of their 8th week in flowering. According to the site I bought the seeds from, the expected flowering time is between 6-8 weeks. However, I have heard there are circumstances where it can take longer than that.

Based on this, do these ladies look like their ready to harvest? If not, does anybody have some insight on how much longer they look like they need?
They usually ripen soon after the last white pistil turns orange. Breeders don't count the first 1-2 weeks of stretch when they quote a "flowering time" and start counting when flowers develope. I always add 10 -14 days to the breeders flower time when predicting the finish in advance, but still go by the triches

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

They usually ripen soon after the last white pistil turns orange. Breeders don't count the first 1-2 weeks of stretch when they quote a "flowering time" and start counting when flowers develope. I always add 10 -14 days to the breeders flower time when predicting the finish in advance, but still go by the triches
props to the chef! haha

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Since it's looking like a few more weeks, should I switch back to feeding or just continue watering with plain water at this point?
If you are in soil, I would just let it finish with just water. If in a hydroponic system, I don’t think a light feeding or 2 over the next week or so would hurt. Most important now is making it to the harvest window.

TheDankest

TheDankest

If you are in soil, I would just let it finish with just water. If in a hydroponic system, I don’t think a light feeding or 2 over the next week or so would hurt. Most important now is making it to the harvest window.
I've just been using straight Fox Farms Ocean Forest with Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom.

I think I'm with you on just finishing with plain water since it seems to only be a week or two away from harvest and it wouldn't really make sense to feed them one more time before flushing again. Thanks for the feedback!

TheDankest

TheDankest

The ladies are getting close! Still waiting for a bit more amber trichomes but we're getting there and I just wanted to share the updates!

20240628 124014
20240628 124153
20240628 124214
20240628 124514
20240628 130329
20240628 130337
20240628 130352
20240628 130355
20240628 130358

TheDankest

TheDankest

im not sure haha look closer in the last picture are all those ambers ? i see alot
The bud in the last photo probably had the most amber trichs on it out of the group. Most of them I'm still waiting for another 10-15% amber. At least half of them are even still pushing out new pistils, but at this point I think we're less than a week away from harvest!

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Since it's looking like a few more weeks, should I switch back to feeding or just continue watering with plain water at this point?
You’ve got plenty of reserves….,at most, I would titrate the feed down……then water only the last watering or 2.
I like to see a fade at harvest.

Top Bottom