Botanicare Kind Is.....

• Thread starter Nicolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nicolo

Nicolo

Hey everyone, quick question for you all. I'm using botanicare kind (full line), also I'm using fasilitor, vitalize (I never gave them fasilitor and vitalize at the same time), mykos wp, azos, I'm on my 2nd run and my babies are not stretching fast. I placed them in Dixie cups on Thanksgiving, 10 days only fed water and I used mykos wp and azos when I placed them in the cups. Root's were beautiful. After the 10 days I transplanted into 2 gallon pots, using promix HP. Started feeding nutrients 3 days later (still gave them water before), 2 and half weeks they were transplanted into 7 gallon pots using promix HP with Coco (once again roots were beautiful), they been getting nutrients and water in between meals and as of today they are only F@$#ing 1ft tall?!?!! Why!!! All this veg time and they are still small!!! All of them!!! They were clones cut from a flower room and a few of my buddy's have the same cuts and picked theirs up the same time and they flipped to flower this week. they use general hydroponic nutrients, Mill's and nector of the God's. I'm the only one using botanicare kind (dare to be different), and I'm the only one who's babies are not growing fast. Please everyone share your thoughts and opinions on what I can do to make them stretch? What nutrient of botanicare kind promotes stretch? That's the 1st question. Lol. 2nd question is can I just stop using botanicare kind and start using Mills? Would I have to flush before switching nutrient lines? I already have the Mills just wanted to use the rest of this botanicare kind line first. Please let me get some honest opinions everyone.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey everyone, quick question for you all. I'm using botanicare kind (full line), also I'm using fasilitor, vitalize (I never gave them fasilitor and vitalize at the same time), mykos wp, azos, I'm on my 2nd run and my babies are not stretching fast. I placed them in Dixie cups on Thanksgiving, 10 days only fed water and I used mykos wp and azos when I placed them in the cups. Root's were beautiful. After the 10 days I transplanted into 2 gallon pots, using promix HP. Started feeding nutrients 3 days later (still gave them water before), 2 and half weeks they were transplanted into 7 gallon pots using promix HP with Coco (once again roots were beautiful), they been getting nutrients and water in between meals and as of today they are only F@$#ing 1ft tall?!?!! Why!!! All this veg time and they are still small!!! All of them!!! They were clones cut from a flower room and a few of my buddy's have the same cuts and picked theirs up the same time and they flipped to flower this week. they use general hydroponic nutrients, Mill's and nector of the God's. I'm the only one using botanicare kind (dare to be different), and I'm the only one who's babies are not growing fast. Please everyone share your thoughts and opinions on what I can do to make them stretch? What nutrient of botanicare kind promotes stretch? That's the 1st question. Lol. 2nd question is can I just stop using botanicare kind and start using Mills? Would I have to flush before switching nutrient lines? I already have the Mills just wanted to use the rest of this botanicare kind line first. Please let me get some honest opinions everyone.
Nitrogen promotes cell elongation.
Ya you can just switch over without flushing but go easy on the nutes.

Natural

Natural

how's your night time temp? root temps? When I ran a basement op..I built a centered room as to get away from the chilly concrete walls..also used 2" thick styrofoam under the floor tarp to keep the roots warm.

guymandude

guymandude

Wow, so I take it from what your saying is that they suck?

i never said that. I just will not give a single dime to any company owned by Scotts or Monsanto. It's a principle thing. There are so many other great, privately owned nutrient companies out there making great products. Life's too short to support Scotts and/or Monsanto

Nicolo

Nicolo

i never said that. I just will not give a single dime to any company owned by Scotts or Monsanto. It's a principle thing. There are so many other great, privately owned nutrient companies out there making great products. Life's too short to support Scotts and/or Monsanto
Oh ok understood

Nicolo

Nicolo

how's your night time temp? root temps? When I ran a basement op..I built a centered room as to get away from the chilly concrete walls..also used 2" thick styrofoam under the floor tarp to keep the roots warm.
I think your on to something there, my night time temperature drops to 63 sometimes 66. My babies are in 7 gallon bags, on the floor. Don't know what my root temperature is, dont have anything to check them with.

Nicolo

Nicolo

One thing I have noticed this week, my buddy called me and asked how much calmag I give them. I said 30ml, he said double your site of calmag. Now to remind you all, they were clones cut from a plant in flower stage, so they were kicking out those 3 leaves and a big leaf here and there. Another buddy with the same clones from the same mother, doubled his dose and noticed great results. I fed my babies the double dose of calmag and really noticed the new growth has 5 leaves and are finally stretching. Really debating on if I'm gonna stick with botanicare kind line or switch to this Mills sitting in the corner.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

One thing I have noticed this week, my buddy called me and asked how much calmag I give them. I said 30ml, he said double your site of calmag. Now to remind you all, they were clones cut from a plant in flower stage, so they were kicking out those 3 leaves and a big leaf here and there. Another buddy with the same clones from the same mother, doubled his dose and noticed great results. I fed my babies the double dose of calmag and really noticed the new growth has 5 leaves and are finally stretching. Really debating on if I'm gonna stick with botanicare kind line or switch to this Mills sitting in the corner.

was at the nute store to day guy there says botan is the top seller in that store im thinking about giving it a go my self only bc he is going to stop getting earth juice

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

the problem is not the botanicare kind lol.

one thing to note is that clones aren't the same as seeds in that if you flower a small plant from seed it will still generally reach a general height allowed by the environment and pot size.

what pots are you using? what's your lighting compared to them(other growers)? how dark green are your plants? what exactly are you feeding in what amount? did you used to use kelp and humic and now don't?
those are the main problems with slow growth rates. if you're noticing it this much i tend to think you removed kelp, have them in plastic pots, or just aren't used to clones vs seeded and so you didn't let it settle long enough or expected unrealiastic growth. if it's a clone from a plant at any other time than rapidly veg growing, it can take weeks to be ready to flower and stretch properly.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I would guess you're behind because you only gave them water for the first 13 days while they where trying to revert back to veg to start. The other reason is if you're pots are sitting directly on a concrete floor, that's a no-no in my neck of the woods.

Nicolo

Nicolo

I would guess you're behind because you only gave them water for the first 13 days while they where trying to revert back to veg to start. The other reason is if you're pots are sitting directly on a concrete floor, that's a no-no in my neck of the woods.
Wow, you really nailed it. I didn't wanna burn them up feeding nutes so early.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Seedlings 200 ppm after the second true leaves come out. Clones 200 ppm as soon as they are rooted, adjust up as the size of the plants grow.

Nicolo

Nicolo

I'm
Seedlings 200 ppm after the second true leaves come out. Clones 200 ppm as soon as they are rooted, adjust up as the size of the plants grow.
I'm on my 2nd round of growing and when it comes to ppm's, I don't even check it. I have a ppm meter but just don't use it. Don't really understand it. After my first run which I was awarded a pound per light, I was told that was pretty good so I just stuck to the theory of its not broke don't go fixing it. I'm gonna do some more research on ppm's. Thanks for that info. What about pH? I'm using a bale of promix HP with Coco. I always get clones, never seedings.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I would say with a mix of coir and pro-mix I would pH at 6.5 . Pro-mix is a peat base growing media. The natural pH of peat is 4.9, the natural pH of coir is 6.2.

P

Pimples

If you want plants to stretch more lower your temps at lights off 15 to 20 degrees more than lights on the first 2 or 3 weeks in flower. And foliar spray a high auxin hormone product too. Stretch like mad.

Top Bottom