Melonade Runtz and Wedding Cake

• Thread starter Eledin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

Here we go again! 5 Melonade Runtz from Dutch Passion, in the big 4 pots (26,6 liters-7 gallons) plus the small pot on the top left (11,4 liters-3 gallons), and 3 Wedding Cake from Eurogrow (my grow of choice brand, aka random seeds, we will see how they turn out, 1,80 euros per seed cant be too good) in the other 3 small pots (3 gallons aswell). Germinated seeds went into the final pot.
Light: x2 Niello1200. 130W (minus whatever the fan consumes) full spectrum with UV+IR.
Soil: Canna terra professional, composition;
Peat and perlite; NPK 12-14-24; EC 1.0; PH 6 but will go higher a bit with the ammendments. Will keep water at around 6,2 PH during veg and 6,5 PH during flower.
Toped with biobizz coco + perlite.
Drainage method: Arlite on the bottom.
Additives mixed with the soil: Extra perlite, coco coir, vermiculite, arlite, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, neem meal, dolomite, phosphoric rock dust, volcanic ash, worm castings, bat guano, biochar.
BASE NPK: Going back to Iguana Juice as base NPK organic liquid after trying several different organic brands. it has the most complete formula and you can tell by the density of the liquid, a little bit too much nitrogen in Iguana Bloom for my taste so I will probably do 50/50 Iguana Bloom and Alghemp F from Trabe after week 3 of flower. I know some people really dislike Iguana Juice because of the new formula, been there, but Im telling you youre not getting the full list of ingredients in the official webpage nor in the bottle label, it has more goods than you think and the only reason theyre not listed is so other brands dont copy them but in the EU they need to specify the full list of ingredients wether they like it or not and that info is available in any online growshop from Spain that I checked. (For example it has calcium and magnessium derivated from krill meal, aswell as chitosan, a powerful polysaccharide for bigger buds). Instead of listing the organic ingredients they list the derivated chemicals that come from them, being as vague as possible.
Other liquid additives: Radical roots by Trabe (from week 1 of veg to week 3 of flower), Radical flower by Trabe (flower), Top Barrier by Top Crop (Potassium silicate, veg and extra during flower), Big Bud by AN (week 1 to 3 of flower), Bud Candy by AN (flower), eggshell + vinegar calcium mixed in the water with epsom salts (resulting in CAL-MAG-SULFUR, veg and extra during flower), CALMAG by Ionic (I try to avoid it and use my mix for calcium since calmags tend to come with nitrogen but I will use it if I see they want more nitrogen instead of my mix)
Suggar sources for microorganisms: molasses and sweet beetroot juice.
Suggar source for fattening buds: Bud Candy from Advanced Nutrients.
Melonade runtz and wedding cake

Forgot to mention, the one in the bottom right had a small accident. As you can see the small pots are lifted on inverted plastic pots, it fell off and had a non calculated "transplant" so to say, thats why its slightly smaller than the rest.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Quick update, 1 week and 3 days since the last picture and they have taken all the space already. Toped them 3 days ago, I will let them recover for 1 week, usually I let them recover for 2 weeks but Im kind of in a hurry and I think I can help them handle the stress properly with a couple of suplements. Gotta choose their final position for the net and then trimm the leaves that are touching the tent or each other to avoid wet spots, will do tomorrow most likely.

Eledin

Eledin

Day 1 of flower after 1 day of darkness. I introduced the net and started to even out the canopy, many secondary branches still have to make it to the net so it looks kinda empty now. Normally I would have given them 1 more week of veg but Im in a rush, I gave them 1 week to recover after toping and went to flower. This is my last time being able to use something sprayed on the plant before any pistils appear so I sanitized the entire grow room and the plants with water and potassic soap and ammended the top soil with diatomaceous earth. Now to turn off the lights and turn on the fans so it dries quicker before I turn the light on again.

Also this is not the final facing of the branches that are already placed under the net, Im just making them grow horizontally, when the rest comes up I will try to even out everything even more, its easier when the branches are longer. This is a less than ideal net because it has way too much empty space between each section but Im a bit lazy and I just have to wash it and hook it to the bars.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Day 3 of 12/12 and theyre already starting to look more uniform. The ones on the side have not made it to the net yet and have a lot of shade, theyre not visible in the picture, but Im confident the cola will make it (the small ones on the side are not toped, only the 4 big ones in the middle)

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thanks! Its good to see you here! 😁
For sure! I keep missing topics not getting notified, gals I saw you started a new one, I started bookmarking my common topics and scanning through them instead then checking the general list until after that lol

Eledin

Eledin

For sure! I keep missing topics not getting notified, gals I saw you started a new one, I started bookmarking my common topics and scanning through them instead then checking the general list until after that lol
Hahaha no worries I get it, it happens, sometimes there's tons of notifications and you also dont get notificated about new posts and its only in the front page of recent posts for a few hours if even. After this run I will start one post and will upload all my grows there, much easier for people who might be interested in following my grows.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hahaha no worries I get it, it happens, sometimes there's tons of notifications and you also dont get notificated about new posts and its only in the front page of recent posts for a few hours if even. After this run I will start one post and will upload all my grows there, much easier for people who might be interested in following my grows.
For sure haha I can check back in 5 minutes and have all new ones 🤣

Eledin

Eledin

Day 10 of 12/12, the pistils are starting to show. The secondary branches are getting out of control, tubular pots definetely improved growing ratio way more than I expected. Waiting for the branches I passed today through the net to grow upwards so tomorrow or the day after I can move the net carefully upwards to catch those tall branches. I guess thats the only advantage of having one of these elastic nets with hooks, they kinda suck compared to a good SCROG net but you can move it in cases like this and they cant damage the plant unless you fuck up. I just wish the space in between each square was shorter. In a week plus change I will do the big defoliation, for now its a jungle.

Top Bottom