Differently weird growth on plants

D

Demz0r

So hello, im new to growing and this is actually my first time ever growing and thus first time ever posting here too. Im not native english speaker so i'll just try my best to explain both situation the best i can and luckily i have pictures which might help the cause.

I saw this fill in the answer- post on this forum which might also help

Im growing from seeds
2. How old are your plants?
3 weeks and 5 days

3. How tall are your plants?
I would assume around 30-40cm

4. What size containers are they planted in?
30litres

5. What is your soil mix?
Biobizz allmix + cannacoco professional plus 3/1

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
About once in 5 days, more or less if theres need. Tap water

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
All sorts from biobizz. Heaven, grow, activera, calmag, root juice. Also some algeaspray for leaves and urgo back magic for roots, i have no idea what npk ratio is 😁

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Some algae spray

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Superplant HPSkiller 660W x2

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
50cm

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
6,5square meters

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
During the day, it can get up to 31C+, it's pretty hot summer here where i live now. During nights it drops to 14-16

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Yes, there have been some, i've left glue traps and released killer mites and such to deal with them and they havent been a problem for a few weeks anymore

16. How much experience do you have growing?
I myself have zero experience before this grow, my girlfriend has grown em before but not in this scale. I now have 19 plants.

So i have 2 plants and both are acting very differently. This first plant grows vast amounts of leaves but they all stay very little, the whole plant is little and ive tried many things trying to get it to grow. It just keeps spawning new leaves.

And the other plants leaves are all wrinkly, even new leaves are instantly wrinkly and they appear as if someone has eaten the tips. No stressleaves though so far, they have 7 leaflets. No bugs to be seen, i have a microsope to check leaves.

Differently weird growth on plants
Differently weird growth on plants 2
Differently weird growth on plants 3
D

Demz0r

And as i forgot to post pictures from the second plant, here it is. Can someone tell me anything about whats going on each? I keep checking that my ph is correct, lights are far enough and there shouldnt be anymore pests

IMG 20240628 225932
IMG 20240628 225924
jetbtkng

jetbtkng

u need the light about 30 inches away & turn down to about 65% until they recover/get bigger, also way too hot, they like temps between 70 & 80 degrees, & water every 3 to 4 days IMO, humidity around 50 to 60%

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thank you, i shall adjust as you say😊
I feel like 40% is a bit better output than 65%
Less is more until the plant is back on track, reason I say the 40% is simple, you can always give a plant more light if it wants, but it’s waaaay harder to have a light stressed plant get back on track while trying to get dialed in, than it is to drop a light or adjust up the output with a light stressed plant you have given a wide berth to. Also the plants are given a chance to harden off this way as you kick up the output a few percent gradually every other day in anticipation of flower. But the size they are now? I’d rock that 40% for a couple/few weeks, and start creeping it up, a week or so before flip. I’ve run all the big brands of lights and I never go passed 40% in veg. I never have my lights cranked to 100% in flower either. Gotta be careful with these lights in all stages of growth. Most runs finish at 70-75% range and around 26 inches post stretch phase. Homie above is right for sure on the height thing. And he ain’t wrong on lowering the output. Just maybe a little hot on the light still.
my veg room below for some context,
As you can see,
The height is at 30in above canopy.
And none of the plants are stretching crazy long making node spacing too long and they are wanting for nothing in terms of lighting.
31 different strains In There at the time.
So it’s a versatile approach that works well across the board.

Good luck homie.

IMG 5429
IMG 4744
IMG 4570
IMG 4369
IMG 4368
IMG 4345
IMG 4348
IMG 4184
D

Demz0r

I feel like 40% is a bit better output than 65%
Less is more until the plant is back on track, reason I say the 40% is simple, you can always give a plant more light if it wants, but it’s waaaay harder to have a light stressed plant get back on track while trying to get dialed in, than it is to drop a light or adjust up the output with a light stressed plant you have given a wide berth to. Also the plants are given a chance to harden off this way as you kick up the output a few percent gradually every other day in anticipation of flower. But the size they are now? I’d rock that 40% for a couple/few weeks, and start creeping it up, a week or so before flip. I’ve run all the big brands of lights and I never go passed 40% in veg. I never have my lights cranked to 100% in flower either. Gotta be careful with these lights in all stages of growth. Most runs finish at 70-75% range and around 26 inches post stretch phase. Homie above is right for sure on the height thing. And he ain’t wrong on lowering the output. Just maybe a little hot on the light still.
my veg room below for some context,
As you can see,
The height is at 30in above canopy.
And none of the plants are stretching crazy long making node spacing too long and they are wanting for nothing in terms of lighting.
31 different strains In There at the time.
So it’s a versatile approach that works well across the board.

Good luck homie.
Thanks for the reply, the stretching was indeed a worry of mine in the beginning, i didn't have good enough lightning for them at the start so i went and bought a new lamp for them which cost me about 450€. They were practically 10cm sticks with no leaves back then. I also built a greenhouse since i thought at first it would be a good idea. It really wasnt, way too hot during the days even with only sunlight, i had to take some wall panels off each day to give them some breeze which then brought all the ants and mites and other insects inside the greenhouse. I then decided to built them a room inside my garage. Bought 1 extra 660w light to fill the room and made ventilation and everything as best i could but since there has been a heatwave and it's about 30+celsius outside every day the room still gets too hot even when i have aie cooler in the room where it takes the intake air from.

In the supplemental lightning i have 4 options 250w, 400w, 600w and 660w, which do you think i should use now, 250 or 400w? Ive been using 600w till now to avoid the stretching they had in the beginning.

As i said this is my first time growing and i've had to look everything up from different sites and the information varies alot and i think when i do 1 thing to correct a problem, i make more problems with that correction.

We just put em into bigger pots couple days ago and they seem to have liked it, also added some co2 bags into the room which can be seen in the pictures. There's one picture from 23rd of this month where they are still in their smaller pots, apart from 3 plants that are couple weeks older and which i started with. The problematic ones are the first 2 in row from right. 3 of the plants are critical kush and the 16 rest are OG kush.

IMG 20240629 110414
IMG 20240629 110401
IMG 20240629 110355
IMG 20240629 110338
IMG 20240623 145905
Last edited:
D

Demz0r

The weird one is just mutation- happens
Biobizz allmix have loads of nutes so I would be careful at the start with fertilizing.
some of them are a little bit burned from overfeeding apart from light intensity

it's a lot to take on for first time 🤣 so many plants
I only gave them root juice and ugro backmagic at start and afterwards gave less than was recommended since i didnt see any defiancies. Of course my eyes cant spot or mind cant always tell the right situation and thats why im here.
I was thinking it might just be a mutation on the one plant, since it doesnt look that unhealthy to my eyes apart from growing as a bonsai tree.

Alot of plants yes, i had 21 seeds and 19 have come this far. I took many just for this to be a good learning curve, to face many different problems so i can later on be better at this and will probably take around 10 plants each grow. :)

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I say just keep with the light you have up, 600? I would just keep that distance in between canopy, and crank that baby back to that 40% mark. Maybe less if it still pulls mag.
Also, with these big LED panels that we use nowadays every light is slightly different and so is their color wave length and spectrum, as you turn it up, for certain stages of plant growth the 0 to 50% ( veg emphasis on blue light) is basically its own color wavelength and that is specifically for vegetative, and as you ramp it up past that 50% mark, (flower, emphasis on red light which you have already blasted them with, Yikes!) it’s gonna have a completely different color wavelength for flower you see so that’s another good reason why you should start with your percentages lower in the output department when in veg because you could just be giving your plants a bunch of colors that they don’t need and further stressing them👊🏻🤡

Sunin

Sunin

I was thinking it might just be a mutation on the one plant, since it doesnt look that unhealthy to my eyes apart from growing as a bonsai tree.
might give weird flower, might shake it off and grow normally later 🤟 both options are interesting

Top Bottom