Fertilising - with every watering or once a week?

gasman_crothers

gasman_crothers

Hey,

Really sorry if this has been asked a lot before, but a quick search didn't yield answers. Do I add fertilizer every time I water once I have started my fertiliser schedule, or just once a week?

Thanks!

P

Phyto

What does the nute line your using say? I normally feed, then water only, then feed, then water. If you start seeing deficiencies then you can feed every time you water. About half of all the “deficiencies” I see are actually toxicity, with P and K the leaves look almost identical for toxicity and deficiency.

gasman_crothers

gasman_crothers

What does the nute line your using say? I normally feed, then water only, then feed, then water. If you start seeing deficiencies then you can feed every time you water. About half of all the “deficiencies” I see are actually toxicity, with P and K the leaves look almost identical for toxicity and deficiency.
Thank you! 🙏 This is exactly the information I was looking for and fortunately pretty much what I have been doing. I am currently observing some girls I accidentally gave 10x too much fertiliser. Quickly did a 2l flush, wasn't enough, they were affected by toxicity, flushed with 10l, waited a week, gave some fert, watered this morning and here we are. They seem to have stabilized but I still can't tell if they are deficient or toxic. New leaves are coming through a healthy looking light green.

I was going do a round of Boom Boom Foliar tomorrow. Should I also give them to the affected ones do you think? C. week 5 veg
IMG 5459

IMG 5461

IMG 5460

IMG 5462

Stokes

Stokes

Thank you! 🙏 This is exactly the information I was looking for and fortunately pretty much what I have been doing. I am currently observing some girls I accidentally gave 10x too much fertiliser. Quickly did a 2l flush, wasn't enough, they were affected by toxicity, flushed with 10l, waited a week, gave some fert, watered this morning and here we are. They seem to have stabilized but I still can't tell if they are deficient or toxic. New leaves are coming through a healthy looking light green.

I was going do a round of Boom Boom Foliar tomorrow. Should I also give them to the affected ones do you think? C. week 5 vegView attachment 2208357
View attachment 2208358

View attachment 2208359

View attachment 2208356

When you flush in soil id probably do atleast 3x the water that you would normally give during a regular watering. Soil runofff EC is pretty whacky, especially when you have an overfeeding issue, but it will give you an idea when youre pretty close to a good flush. Its relative to you how much you had been feeding tho

gasman_crothers

gasman_crothers

When you flush in soil id probably do atleast 3x the water that you would normally give during a regular watering. Soil runofff EC is pretty whacky, especially when you have an overfeeding issue, but it will give you an idea when youre pretty close to a good flush. Its relative to you how much you had been feeding tho
It was literally my first time applying fertiliser on my first grow. Hence why nothing struck me as being off. I have a pretty green thumb, but the learning curve has been pretty steep. Here's some more pictures of when they were sick.

June 24th
Camphoto 1254324197

26th June
IMG 5391

June 27
IMG 5406

June 28
Camphoto 1804928587

Should I be measuring EC?

Stokes

Stokes

It was literally my first time applying fertiliser on my first grow. Hence why nothing struck me as being off. I have a pretty green thumb, but the learning curve has been pretty steep. Here's some more pictures of when they were sick.

June 24th
View attachment 2208421
26th June
View attachment 2208422

June 27
View attachment 2208423

June 28
View attachment 2208420

i never did when i used liquid nutes in soil. I always started at 70-80% of what the bottle said and gave more if the plants asked for it. Ive seen some measure when mixing, ive never known anyone to measure outgoing. I dont even measure runoff ec in coco unless the plant looks unhappy

P

Phyto

June 24th
View attachment 2208421
26th June
View attachment 2208422

June 27
View attachment 2208423

June 28
View attachment 2208420

Not really necessary to measure ec in soil grows. I’ve seen more harm done chasing runoff than not.

B

Busybee817

I was going do a round of Boom Boom Foliar tomorrow. Should I also give them to the affected ones do you think? C. week 5 vegView attachment 2208357
View attachment 2208358

View attachment 2208359

View attachment 2208356
Looks like you're doing the right thing. Made a similar mistake and had to flush 6x the grow bag volume. It stunted the plants and a few went hermy, so keep an eye on them for nanners. Cut the nanner buds off and tossed them. The Bud harvested was good, but a crappy yield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom