First time grower have a few questions

J

jonw

I have two plants. A Blueberry Muffin from seed and a #14 (dutch soccer player) strains. I am attaching a few pictures to show my plants and have questions about "topping and pruning)
Please see pics and give advice on these two plants. Thank you!!

Blueberry
First time grower have a few questions 2
J

jonw

I have two plants. A Blueberry Muffin from seed and a #14 (dutch soccer player) strains. I am attaching a few pictures to show my plants and have questions about "topping and pruning)
Please see pics and give advice on these two plants. Thank you!!
Should I top both plants and prune the lower branches, or prune the lower leaves then a week later top the plants or vice versa.
Sorry if this is a basic question but would like strain specific answers for a beginner. Thanks again!!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Don't top her at all. The idea is to grow bud stalks. Topping will give you a Y on the top. Little more.
Instead remove the large leaves shading the new stalks growing from nodes bellow them as shown in red.
The plant will slow down a bit but all of the lower nodes will produce stalks.
In a week you will have to remove the top new shade leaves as the plant grows them back every couple of days. Instead of a very tall plant it will produce more stalks a little shorter. Each stalk will produce a top cola bud. The best of the best.
In 30 days you will have a great plant not real tall but it will have 20 nice bud stalks.
You won't believe this plant when it's all sugared up in the fall if you do this now.

She is a little light green give her some tomato fertilizer something with a 12 first number.
get her growing. I know full well I'm asking you to trust me bud. Trust me and do this.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You should pull back the grass cover a foot. Apply / top dress with 1/2 cup of bone meal and rake it in good asap.
This is for flowering later but it needs to be mixed in the soil and time to break down.

J

jonw

I have a question about using bone meal. My plants are outside and I heard bone meal will attract raccoons, skunks,coyotes and even bears. I have all of the above around our house. What alternative product organic(non synthetic) can I use?

Docgrows

Docgrows

I have a question about using bone meal. My plants are outside and I heard bone meal will attract raccoons, skunks,coyotes and even bears. I have all of the above around our house. What alternative product organic(non synthetic) can I use?
Anything like that will attract wildlife, I tried organic soil grow once and every plant I put out would get dug up or holes dug all around the roots. Fishshit will really do it, may try it as a trapping bait…..

Top Bottom