Grandaddy Purple - Nutrient Deficiency?

• Thread starter TheGreatPotoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheGreatPotoo

Asking about your thoughts in our lighter green plant.

Here we have:
Aurora India (bottom left)
White Widdow (bottom right)
Gorilla Glue (top right)

…and “Grandaddy Purple (top left, lighter)

All have been fertilized the same, but the color is vastly different with the Grandaddy Purple strain.

Any thoughts fellow growers?

Using Tiger Bloom and water PH’d around ~6.0 . All the typical equipment and 12/12 cycle in week 4 of bloom.
-C&S

Grandaddy purple   nutrient deficiency
IMG 1972
T

TheGreatPotoo

Naw ur grand daddy purple looks on point here's a pic of one I grew.. is urs an actual purple pheno?
I guess we will find out! This yellows may turn purple I’ll keep an eye out!

The colas are starting to color shift a bit, but barely in week 3-4 so lots of changes still coming.

IMG 1964
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I've seen this with my grand daddy purple grow (it was half of the hybrid) but it looked a lot like this plant. My first guess would be some kind of sulfur. Not straight sulfur, straight sulfur is used to lower the soils pH. But maybe a Magnesium Sulphate, Gypsum, and/or Potassium Sulphate kind of thing. Just check what your using now because using one of these can tip the scale unfavorably if you already have it in the soil. (Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium)
I'm talking in an organic context, if your bottle feeding... go for it.

that or you did what I did on my last grow and are just over watering.
This

T

TheGreatPotoo

I've seen this with my grand daddy purple grow (it was half of the hybrid) but it looked a lot like this plant. My first guess would be some kind of sulfur. Not straight sulfur, straight sulfur is used to lower the soils pH. But maybe a Magnesium Sulphate, Gypsum, and/or Potassium Sulphate kind of thing. Just check what your using now because using one of these can tip the scale unfavorably if you already have it in the soil. (Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium)
I'm talking in an organic context, if your bottle feeding... go for it.

that or you did what I did on my last grow and are just over watering.
View attachment 2196639
I do find that this plant gets wilted more quickly than the others, but I water them all at the same time with the same amount.

Checking out your graph to see what is up :)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I do find that this plant gets wilted more quickly than the others, but I water them all at the same time with the same amount.

Checking out your graph to see what is up :)
I've only been growing maybe 4 years and have gotten to the point that when the shit hits the fan I just cull them... Got a shit load of seeds to go through... 😂.. jokes aside, it great to finally figure something out and some things are staring at you right in the face sometimes.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
50/50 HP and OF, with a top dress of OF about 30 days ago

+ a little perlite, and an early addition of langbeinite at day 1.
Langbeinite is sulfur, magnesium and potassium... So maybe rule out that Sulfur maybe? Some plants are hungrier than others too. Double check that soil moisture as well, some folks (like Blumat) recommended a dryer moisture content, from where it was at during veg. Worth looking into.

The other thought is that some plants are more robust and vibrant than others too. Just genetics sometimes.

Good luck man. Following. See if I learn something here. Your taking one for the team!

Docgrows

Docgrows

If your runoff ph is on point, I’d say she looks a bit hungry. Some plants eat more than other, some much more. My GDP always feeds on the heavy side. Read the plant, its light all over, looks a bit worse on bottom, needs food!

M

MyCologist

50/50 HP and OF, with a top dress of OF about 30 days ago

+ a little perlite, and an early addition of langbeinite at day 1.
I'm no expert but I'd be concerned about a possible pH lockout situation causing the yellowing. I don't think Indica heavy strains like this normally fade to a lighter yellow color like some Sativa's might do. I've been fighting something similar recently, but with a more Sativa leaning Jack Herer plant, also growing in FFOF.

T

TheGreatPotoo

Update: Things got worse before they got better, but we are ok.

The prognosis is that they were nutrient deficient, generally.

The desire not to burn them lead me to be modest with nutrients, which reached a tipping point happening both suddenly and fiercely in week 3-4 of bloom.

Grand Daddy Purple was the first to show signs of the soil being tapped out, then the other 3 plants started turning color as well.

I juiced them up, hit with cal mag and they are happy once again.

We lost some lower leaves to yellowing, but the buds are looking great.

AZreefer

AZreefer

Update: Things got worse before they got better, but we are ok.

The prognosis is that they were nutrient deficient, generally.

The desire not to burn them lead me to be modest with nutrients, which reached a tipping point happening both suddenly and fiercely in week 3-4 of bloom.

Grand Daddy Purple was the first to show signs of the soil being tapped out, then the other 3 plants started turning color as well.

I juiced them up, hit with cal mag and they are happy once again.

We lost some lower leaves to yellowing, but the buds are looking great.
Ima follow you. I got a handful of GDP in my tent now. 3 weeks in. Noted on the heavy feeder.

Top Bottom