Has this plant been topped?

• Thread starter steve970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steve970

I recently purchased 3 clones from a local dispensary. I'm a first time grower so I don't know much. It appears to me that the plants have already been topped. The 2 photos are of the same plant,however all three have that same spot and appear to be topped. Grateful for any feedback!

Has this plant been topped
Has this plant been topped 2
Galgrows

Galgrows

Some clones are wonky and don't look like those "pretty" xmas trees. My own clones i cut are similar to what you got and it does look like someone cut a branch off. Now later as it grows it will begin to take on better shape in my experience. In saying that...you can later on remove anything you want that doesn't look strong but wait awhile you've got months to work it. Watch, read other posts.

S

steve970

Some clones are wonky and don't look like those "pretty" xmas trees. My own clones i cut are similar to what you got and it does look like someone cut a branch off. Now later as it grows it will begin to take on better shape in my experience. In saying that...you can later on remove anything you want that doesn't look strong but wait awhile you've got months to work it. Watch, read other posts.
Thank you for the input!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The plant is alternating its branches, so the stem is bending slightly at each node. It's called alternate phyllotaxy and happens as a plant matures.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Does appear to be missing growth at the top there, which is ok as the side growth at the top node is taking off and will now be your top. It's not a big deal. Looks like whoever made the clones probably had enough on that cut to get more than 1 clone from and did so

Cut
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It’s missing the top, you can see it’s missing.
It looks to me like a branch or fan leaf has been cut off. Can you see that the large main stem is angling off to the left at the node?

Chem77

Chem77

It looks to me like a branch or fan leaf has been cut off. Can you see that the large main stem is angling off to the left at the node?
Fan leaves grow on the bottom side of branch not on both sides. It’s been topped.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Fan leaves grow on the bottom side of branch not on both sides. It’s been topped.
Okay. I concede. There does appear to be a left-leaning leaf growing from the other side of the node, indicating it's under a branch. It still looks strange to me, though. I must cut mine differently.

S

steve970

Okay. I concede. There does appear to be a left-leaning leaf growing from the other side of the node, indicating it's under a branch. It still looks strange to me, though. I must cut mine differently.
I was kinda looking forward to clipping them myself,maybe next time!

Chem77

Chem77

I was kinda looking forward to clipping them myself,maybe next time!
I top after 10th node, wait a week or so and then top all ten branches. Makes big bushes, wait at least 1 week then flower.

Top Bottom