Have I waited too long?

Halloweed

Halloweed

What's up everyone. My northern lights auto is close to harvest. I'm wondering if I should chop yet. From what I could see the trichomes look ready or overhead. My magnifying glass isn't the best.

Just wanted someone's opinion. I was thinking of chopping tonight after work. Thanks.
Have i waited too long
Have i waited too long 2

Have i waited too long 3
Halloweed

Halloweed

Got any zoomed out pictures? Ones of the whole bud.

You have a lot of closeups of the leaves and those will ripen faster than the buds. You'll end up trimming off the leaves later, so take pictures of the calix material.
Thanks. Here's 1 of the plant and 1 of a whole bud. I'll have to take some when I get home if you need better ones.

20240630 155854
20240701 165854
C

CityHerbs

I'd agree with the poster above, I don't think you've gone too long. Think you're in a good spot.

The heads on the calix aren't blazing amber or you'd be able to see it, even without magnification. You don't have any more white pistils or at least very few. Slight fade going on, and the calix look decently swollen.

Personally I'd chop when ever I felt like it at this point. But I wouldn't say it's gone to long at all.

Halloweed

Halloweed

I'd agree with the poster above, I don't think you've gone too long. Think you're in a good spot.

The heads on the calix aren't blazing amber or you'd be able to see it, even without magnification. You don't have any more white pistils or at least very few. Slight fade going on, and the calix look decently swollen.

Personally I'd chop when ever I felt like it at this point. But I wouldn't say it's gone to long at all.
Thanks for your help!

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

It’s damn near impossible to see the actual trich situation without a loupe or microscope. A cheap jewelers loupe every time great.
If all the white pistils have turned brown and receded, plus the plant isn’t spitting out anymore, you’re in an early harvest window at a minimum.
If the plant is healthy and has gas in the tank, waiting a week or so has no real downside. U may get a few more amber trichs, but at the same time many of the clear ones will turn milky. It’s not gonna turn into couch-lock weed that quickly.
The only reason I see to let it go another week or so are the stringy pistils. Ideally they will recede back into the calyces as the buds go through their swell.
Nice looking farming though. Well done

R

RGWD0202

The plant looks great! Doesn’t look like you’ve waited too long. If you can see the trichs turning amber you are good to chop. I try guesstimate 10-15% amber before I chop. See if you can use the magnifier and zoom your camera through it for more magnification.

Halloweed

Halloweed

It’s damn near impossible to see the actual trich situation without a loupe or microscope. A cheap jewelers loupe every time great.
If all the white pistils have turned brown and receded, plus the plant isn’t spitting out anymore, you’re in an early harvest window at a minimum.
If the plant is healthy and has gas in the tank, waiting a week or so has no real downside. U may get a few more amber trichs, but at the same time many of the clear ones will turn milky. It’s not gonna turn into couch-lock weed that quickly.
The only reason I see to let it go another week or so are the stringy pistils. Ideally they will recede back into the calyces as the buds go through their swell.
Nice looking farming though. Well done
Awesome. Think I'm gonna wait a few days and see how she looks.

Halloweed

Halloweed

The plant looks great! Doesn’t look like you’ve waited too long. If you can see the trichs turning amber you are good to chop. I try guesstimate 10-15% amber before I chop. See if you can use the magnifier and zoom your camera through it for more magnification.
Thank you!

Halloweed

Halloweed

Everyone on here seems great and helpful. Much appreciated! Gonna probably chop tomorrow , or at least the higher colas. Will let you know how she turns out 😀

Top Bottom