Hey, could some of you help? :)

• Thread starter Tokensmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tokensmoke

First time growing, got 3 beautiful ladies but lately they have been showing signs of some kind of distress and Im not sure what ..

Specs; 200w full spec led, occilating fan, humidifier, 20l fabric pots, running 170ppfd since i had some signs of light stress during 300ppfd and I’m giving them 24/0 .. 😊
1-1.1Kpa, 60-70% humidity and temps average of 70-80fahrenheit/22-27C.
I’m using floraflex nutrition and im currently in week 3-4 of veg

I can spot alot of these signs on new leafs through all 3 plants 🫣
Any help would be greatly approciated <3

Hey could some of you help
Hey could some of you help 2
Hey could some of you help 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey sorry no one got to yet,.. let me go back and read your info

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
are these photos or autos and growing medium?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
can i see a picture of all plants together

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Check that your light is at least 24 inches above the plant tops!
You can go out as far as 30 inches with a 200
Orange circle on lower right is blistering caused buy very intense light. If you look close at the leaf surfaces you will see other places blistered, Some not so noticeably but blistered just the same.

Orange circle upper left is light burn. Basically all of the yellowing on the plant like circled is light burned.
I see a few leaves closing in an attempt to shade itself.
Otherwise the plant looks pretty good.
One thing I have learned is mimic nature. Run your light 18-6 so the plant has a little rest time.
Pushing only comes back to bite you in the but in the end.
I don't see anything else wrong with your plant. Just back the light away, Adjust your hours to 18-6 and continue your feeding regiment.
Hope this helps you.
Ron

T

Tokensmoke

Check that your light is at least 24 inches above the plant tops!
You can go out as far as 30 inches with a 200
Orange circle on lower right is blistering caused buy very intense light. If you look close at the leaf surfaces you will see other places blistered, Some not so noticeably but blistered just the same.

Orange circle upper left is light burn. Basically all of the yellowing on the plant like circled is light burned.
I see a few leaves closing in an attempt to shade itself.
Otherwise the plant looks pretty good.
One thing I have learned is mimic nature. Run your light 18-6 so the plant has a little rest time.
Pushing only comes back to bite you in the but in the end.
I don't see anything else wrong with your plant. Just back the light away, Adjust your hours to 18-6 and continue your feeding regiment.
Hope this helps you.
Ron

View attachment 2186053
Love the indepth answer, a buddy of mine said just the same after I ran 300ppfd 24/0 but now im down to 170-175 ppfd with light hanging all the way to the top of the tent..
So I find it hard to believe that they cant stand 26-30DLI ..
Then I’m gonna switch over to 18/6 and see if that helps, then run a bit higher ppfd, right?
Yet again, Im new, got no experience and should stfu and do what I’m told.. xD
Really appriciate the answere, thanks 🙌🏻

T

Tokensmoke

Also, should I consider 12/12 flip soon due to the width of them compared to the tent?
They’re not that tall yet but I’ve topped alot so they are quite bushy

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Love the indepth answer, a buddy of mine said just the same after I ran 300ppfd 24/0 but now im down to 170-175 ppfd with light hanging all the way to the top of the tent..
So I find it hard to believe that they cant stand 26-30DLI ..
Then I’m gonna switch over to 18/6 and see if that helps, then run a bit higher ppfd, right?
Yet again, Im new, got no experience and should stfu and do what I’m told.. xD
Really appriciate the answere, thanks 🙌🏻
I cannot impress upon you enough that you are better off looking at your plant and seeing what your plant is telling you than you are playing with a light meter. It's simple. Look at your plant. The thing is screaming at you "hay dummy I'm sun burned from ass hole to breakfast time here".
Now, let me be clear! It's time to stick the light meter in the box and do like I told you. Stop pushing really is not hard to understand.
Raze the light to at least 24 inches above the canopy and do not let any of the plant grow into that zone. Ever.

As your plants are filling in the tent quite nicely. I'd say flip any time. Keep them on the high nitrate solution for 21 days threw stretch as they will still be growing. Then ease into a nice flowering formula.

T

Tokensmoke

I cannot impress upon you enough that you are better off looking at your plant and seeing what your plant is telling you than you are playing with a light meter. It's simple. Look at your plant. The thing is screaming at you "hay dummy I'm sun burned from ass hole to breakfast time here".
Now, let me be clear! It's time to stick the light meter in the box and do like I told you. Stop pushing really is not hard to understand.
Raze the light to at least 24 inches above the canopy and do not let any of the plant grow into that zone. Ever.

As your plants are filling in the tent quite nicely. I'd say flip any time. Keep them on the high nitrate solution for 21 days threw stretch as they will still be growing. Then ease into a nice flowering formula.
Hahaha, love the response and it does make sense ..
The light has Been more than 24 inches above the whole time since the start (top of tent), they’re not higher than ish 1feet atm but they are filling it quite Nice yeah and they will stretch as you mention..
Thank you so much for the answer and I will do as you told me 🙌🏻
As they are sunburnt but my light is at setting 1/10, cannot lift the light higher so maybe I would have to go 18/6 or 20/4 so compensate .. 🤷‍♂️
Or just put my filter on the outside of the tent so i could raise it abit more 😋
My intention was not too push them, simply followed Mr. bugbee’s advices and thought I did right 🫣

Again thanks! :)

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I watch Mr Bugbee as well, the difference is he has been doing it in a lab with 10 students to take care of everything for him.
Don't get me wrong. I love Bruce's work and watch his videos quite often. Unfortunately things don't always go like Bruce preaches. Actually I use his medium indoors from the same video and love it.

The truth is that new LED lights are very powerful and it's easy to burn a plant. Real easy. As I mentioned 24 inches is a base that I use for 300w lights because I grow under a 300w light and they are all as different as night and day. One plant will love that light at 24" at a given location but move the plant 4 inches to the right and it could be in a much hotter location within the lights footprint and the plant would need 30 inches in order to create an environment where the plant is happy. One just never knows until you turn the lights on.

All in all I think you have done a pretty nice job. To get a grow this far with only a little light burn is 9 out of 10 in my book any time. I know how tempting it is to try and hurry things along. I usually end up wishing I had not pushed the plant with more Nitrogen or let it grow into the no grow zone and burned a bud or 2. Another grow or 2 under your belt will also help. There is just no substitute for experience.
All the best Ron.

Docgrows

Docgrows

@Tokensmoke What I see looks more like beginning magnesium deficiency, are you giving them cal mag? Light burn generally doesn’t have that yellow color. Also the yellow is between the veins, classic magnesium def.

T

Tokensmoke

@Tokensmoke What I see looks more like beginning magnesium deficiency, are you giving them cal mag? Light burn generally doesn’t have that yellow color. Also the yellow is between the veins, classic magnesium def.
I have not given Cal mag, I read that floraflex should be sufficient but that may not be the case? 🤔
Thanks for the response!
Edit: just found this; "The Floraflex Nutrients base feed already contains all of these elements however
when using LED lights, reverse osmosis water / soft water we highly recommend using a 'Cal Mag' supplement
Sooo, hahaha.. Thanks :)
Alot of contradicting information, some say nope, no need and others say you do need it with floraflex 🤷‍♂️🤔

Last edited:
T

Tokensmoke

I watch Mr Bugbee as well, the difference is he has been doing it in a lab with 10 students to take care of everything for him.
Don't get me wrong. I love Bruce's work and watch his videos quite often. Unfortunately things don't always go like Bruce preaches. Actually I use his medium indoors from the same video and love it.

The truth is that new LED lights are very powerful and it's easy to burn a plant. Real easy. As I mentioned 24 inches is a base that I use for 300w lights because I grow under a 300w light and they are all as different as night and day. One plant will love that light at 24" at a given location but move the plant 4 inches to the right and it could be in a much hotter location within the lights footprint and the plant would need 30 inches in order to create an environment where the plant is happy. One just never knows until you turn the lights on.

All in all I think you have done a pretty nice job. To get a grow this far with only a little light burn is 9 out of 10 in my book any time. I know how tempting it is to try and hurry things along. I usually end up wishing I had not pushed the plant with more Nitrogen or let it grow into the no grow zone and burned a bud or 2. Another grow or 2 under your belt will also help. There is just no substitute for experience.
All the best Ron.
Thank you so much for all the valueble insight, means alot and it really means alot that you think I did a OK job given my first go at the girls .. Made me happy 🙌🏻
Tried to not rush but as you say, its always tempting and I’m sure I did in some ways even I had in the back of my head not too 😋

Docgrows

Docgrows

I have not given Cal mag, I read that floraflex should be sufficient but that may not be the case? 🤔
Thanks for the response!
Edit: just found this; "The Floraflex Nutrients base feed already contains all of these elements however
when using LED lights, reverse osmosis water / soft water we highly recommend using a 'Cal Mag' supplement
Sooo, hahaha.. Thanks :)
Alot of contradicting information, some say nope, no need and others say you do need it with floraflex 🤷‍♂️🤔
@Tokensmoke if your water is less than 150 ppms, you should add cal mag until it reads 150 ppm, in flower they will need 200 pms. High power LEDs really need extra cal mag, I run Szhlux 840 watt lights and I had to up the CM or I had deficiencies.

G

gromie440

I can't agree enough these new lights are powerful. some girls won't take over 75% in full flower at 30 in they show light stress and they seem.to suck the cal mag out like no tomorrow 150 ppfd on meter was frying my seedlings had to back off that's when I stopped using it and figured less is more if they aren't legging for light they have enough still praying at end of day give them some more

Top Bottom