How to train a triploid plant to get the most yeild

• Thread starter snowmaners
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snowmaners

I got my first triploid on accident from a batch of widdow seeds I gotten last year it's a handful...shit grows from every inch of the thing it's an outside plant in a 20 gallon pot at the moment im going g to move it up to a 100 when it gets a little bigger and dogs won't smash it...so has anyone delt with these maybe steer me in the right direction on when to defoliate or how to defoliate and should I brace each branch since it has three to 4 branches coming from every node and it has topped itself a couple of times..please anything would help I started to take inside branches and leaves facing inwards to get more light to the middle

How to train a triploid plant to get the most yeild
How to train a triploid plant to get the most yeild 2
How to train a triploid plant to get the most yeild 3
How to train a triploid plant to get the most yeild 4
Bahrain79

Bahrain79

Nice problem to have. I would just clean up some of the inside shoots that don't get much light and let her go. I wouldn't defoliate a plant growing outside and get her into the 100 gal pot ASAP. I used to grow in 65 gal pots and moved up to 100 gal last year. Bigger is better. Good luck

G

gr8racr

Watching as I have 3 strains of triploids to run, and I am in my first real grow. I killed my first 3 seeds between germination and solo cup, only used 1 this try as I learn

S

snowmaners

Yeah I figured removing inside leaves to let the hole plant get light I toped it at the third node before I realized it was different so it's already going wide I tied down everything I could almost like a mainline I got a 100 gallon trough I was thinking of sticking somthing in there but i live neer the river and we get bad storms with 60-70 mph winds and heavy rains, and my yard is kind of weird so i cant go bigger than 50s on the count I move my plants Around alot to avoid storms and different light in fall...thanks for the infoi was also thinkibg about maybe trellising it i normally dont but i think it would help

S

snowmaners

Watching as I have 3 strains of triploids to run, and I am in my first real grow. I killed my first 3 seeds between germination and solo cup, only used 1 this try as I learn
I did the solo cup method first 5 or so years of growing it is not the best way to go I use a square 5x5 I double them up to the holes are smaller on the bottom and I can write on them and I have a holder that's square and they lock into it which makes it so much easier especially when you're moving them around solar cups have the tendency to fall over when you're carrying them drives me f****** bonkers I have killed more plants by dropping them and f****** solo cups than any other way or setting one down on something uneven boom gone also I got a transparent rather quickly with the square 6x6 I can normally get another week or so if I'm lazy I use these with photos gives me a couple more days to transplant....the red ones are i think 5x5x5the ones i use for photos are 4.5in squared oh and another reason when you put them against each other they don't sit nice and neat you can't fit a bunch in a certain space where these fit nice and tidy it's always an uneven amount and a box that I'm carrying or putting somewhere and one's rolling around in there cuz I have two flights of stairs to go down to each their own I guess they're okay but I find these a lot better for several reasons but if I were you I would go to one of these and I have these locking trays witch are really nice.

S

snowmaners

I meant 5.5 in ones for autos not photos and with solo I have to transplant rather quickly I like them to get a decent root structure before transplanting....hope this helps you

S

snowmaners

Nice problem to have. I would just clean up some of the inside shoots that don't get much light and let her go. I wouldn't defoliate a plant growing outside and get her into the 100 gal pot ASAP. I used to grow in 65 gal pots and moved up to 100 gal last year. Bigger is better. Good luck
You think I should use the bigger one I have a 140 gallonold pond that i was going to drill and its 25" deep by like 50"x40" i have 2 bluberry headband 2 white widdows and 2 freak show and two black african magic i have 4-50 gallon bags and a couple horse troughs and a little room in the garden like 6x6 im having a hell of a time trying to figure witch ones go where

G

gr8racr

I did the solo cup method first 5 or so years of growing it is not the best way to go I use a square 5x5 I double them up to the holes are smaller on the bottom and I can write on them and I have a holder that's square and they lock into it which makes it so much easier especially when you're moving them around solar cups have the tendency to fall over when you're carrying them drives me f****** bonkers I have killed more plants by dropping them and f****** solo cups than any other way or setting one down on something uneven boom gone also I got a transparent rather quickly with the square 6x6 I can normally get another week or so if I'm lazy I use these with photos gives me a couple more days to transplant....the red ones are i think 5x5x5the ones i use for photos are 4.5in squared oh and another reason when you put them against each other they don't sit nice and neat you can't fit a bunch in a certain space where these fit nice and tidy it's always an uneven amount and a box that I'm carrying or putting somewhere and one's rolling around in there cuz I have two flights of stairs to go down to each their own I guess they're okay but I find these a lot better for several reasons but if I were you I would go to one of these and I have these locking trays witch are really nice.
Thanks, got a gift back from a fellow grower today. I gifted a couple of my unreleased triploids to him, he grew them out just chopped one of them and gave me well rooted clones back of the ones he was running while I built my grow space. Left to right front two rows 2 each of 1.(4n Blackjack × Romulan Grapefruit) × (Strawberry Banana) triploid, 2.(4n Blackjack × Romulan Grapefruit) × (Pre98 Bubba× Sweeties) triploid, 3. Blackjack × Romulan Grapefruit diploid
Then tiny cup in bucket is the triploid I started (4n Gelato33 x Purple Punch) × (Strawberry Banana) triploid. the back two clones are Northern Lights and Vanilla Kush

S

snowmaners

Are they trips clones? I start everything from seed every once in a while I'll keep a mom till the next year for a couple but it's not worth it here since you can only have four plants legally and they are tight about that shit I had them come in full force when we had ten....the plants were gone by the time they got here but bringing in the helicopters for a couple pot plants is a little overboard....lol JK but they did come try to arrest me but I know a guy in the county that let me know what was up ...but ever since then I feel there eyes ever once in a while...but yeah I only keep four sometimes 6&8 with a couple being autos so there gone in 9-10 weeks I transplanted the two BAM's I have and I do wish those 4.5 square potters were just a little deeper I do notice the bottom of the little pots get bound up so what I do is add a layer of pea gravel so they have to kind of fight through it it gives you an extra day or so if you need the time before transferring to larger pots

S

snowmaners

I have crossed so e strains before I did a black African magic and black caviar and a chiquita banana with candyland that was a cool cross but I like the classic strains the widdows/ak47/northern lights/ ect they just produce. Same with the autos I fucked this one up this year and it vedged in 17 days and I still got it to produce I topped the fuck out of it pumped it full of nutes...

IMG 20240611 1203034132
IMG 20240611 215540088
G

gr8racr

I have crossed so e strains before I did a black African magic and black caviar and a chiquita banana with candyland that was a cool cross but I like the classic strains the widdows/ak47/northern lights/ ect they just produce. Same with the autos I fucked this one up this year and it vedged in 17 days and I still got it to produce I topped the fuck out of it pumped it full of nutes...
Those are beautiful, I quit all thc in 2001 and only started back 8-10 months ago, this is my first true start with tent and decent lights. I have been trying to find some of that Black African Magic with that high thcv content to grow and do a seed run.

S

snowmaners

So where do you live I can clone a couple for u if your not far or if you can wait I might bag off a brach and get some seeds

G

gr8racr

If you wanted something I have that would be best I would say a cutting of one of the 3 triploids I have, I got these as seed directly from the breeder who help Humboldt get their triploid start. I have the 3 unreleased strains and a diploid version of the 4n mom used in 2 of the cuts Blackjack x Romulan Grapefruit
These are the strains
1. 4n Blackjack x Romulan Grapefruit x pre98 Bubba x Sweeties(White Tahoe Cookies) triploid
2. 4n Blackjack x Romulan Grapefruit x Strawberry Banana triploid
3. 4n Gelato33 x Purple Punch(icecream punch) x Strawberry Banana triploid
Of 3 growers I've shared them to only one has seen a sign of intersex traits the guy in Ohio I have running that strain from a different seed in same pack is killing it with a fan leaf the size of Milk jug

Last edited:
G

gr8racr

The large leaf and a Pic 63 days from seed. I'm heading a cut of this one back and since he has kept updating on that strain without my North Carolina restrictions I and sending seeds from the other 2 strains while I have a few remaining I was blessed with 10-15 seeds of each strain

Screenshot 20240630 070041 Gallery
Screenshot 20240630 070025 Gallery
Last edited:
S

snowmaners

I have a headband plant that the leaves are dinner plate size but I already have too many plants now. But the dudes over at the widow seed bank know there shit. Also dc seed exchange but there pricy but you get what u pay for... I have a straight Bam plant it's on the smaller side right now but I can get some cuttings in the next week or so....also the WW triploid I think is a quadra is getting big about three foot tall and three foot wide and had about 10,000 leaves we had a nasty storm roll through here last night she had no problems. One thing I noticed is that the branches are so stiff....like when they are in flower stiff but it's in veg it's weird so it's hard to spread the branches ...I got it tied but the ropes are like guitar strings there so tight and Im afraid they will just snap.. any way iv never seen leafs as big as the bluberry head band they are about that size I had some sativa's chiquita banana strain and had trash can lid size leaves of corse the plant was 9' tall so that helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom