I leave for a trip in a week......Chop before/after?

K

KVBR

This is my second grow and it's gone well so far (NL auto). I scheduled the start of the grow expecting to chop before I leave in a week or so. Well it's nearly crunch time and I need some opinions.

The lower buds seem like they are still developing while the uppers seem more mature.

Temp and humidity is stable 78* and 58%

I can't really give you all pics of the trich's, but I can provide the best I can.

My question is:

Should I chop regardless the day before I leave, OR should I let it go an extra week and without water?

Is there much harm in letting it go the extra week without water?

Thanks in advance!

I leave for a trip in a weekchop beforeafter
I leave for a trip in a weekchop beforeafter 2
I leave for a trip in a weekchop beforeafter 3
K

KVBR

This is my second grow and it's gone well so far (NL auto). I scheduled the start of the grow expecting to chop before I leave in a week or so. Well it's nearly crunch time and I need some opinions.

The lower buds seem like they are still developing while the uppers seem more mature.

Temp and humidity is stable 78* and 58%

I can't really give you all pics of the trich's, but I can provide the best I can.

My question is:

Should I chop regardless the day before I leave, OR should I let it go an extra week and without water?

Is there much harm in letting it go the extra week without water?

Thanks in advance!
Also note, the plant on the right seems to be a little bit behind the other one development wise.....I will only chop both or none.

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

Hi mate, yeah that one on the right definitely has a few weeks to go. Personally I wouldn’t chop before BUT you’ll have to find some way to water. How often are you watering now?

K

KVBR

Hi mate, yeah that one on the right definitely has a few weeks to go. Personally I wouldn’t chop before BUT you’ll have to find some way to water. How often are you watering now?
every other day with a decent saturation....my meter normally falls down to 32%on the second day

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

every other day with a decent saturation....my meter normally falls down to 32%on the second day
Yeah a week sounds a long time if they are nearly dry after 2 days. You got any way of getting hold of any of these ac infinity pots
IMG 7436

You fill the base and inset wicking thread and your fabric pots will pull up the water when necessary

K

KVBR

Yeah a week sounds a long time if they are nearly dry after 2 days. You got any way of getting hold of any of these ac infinity potsView attachment 2204747
You fill the base and inset wicking thread and your fabric pots will pull up the water when necessary
I don't in the timeframe I have....have you used them? I may try them next run.....just to save watering visits in later stages. The soil mix drains pretty well.....not sure about the uptake

60% moss
25% perlite
15% compost/wormcasting

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

I don't in the timeframe I have....have you used them? I may try them next run.....just to save watering visits in later stages. The soil mix drains pretty well.....not sure about the uptake

60% moss
25% perlite
15% compost/wormcasting
Yeah I’ve got them, they definitely work and will uptake through a capillary action. I’ve stopped using them as I like to get a feel for what watering I need to do. But I would 100 % use them in your situation.

I wonder if there’s something you could put together to make something like it? Hopefully someone has some ideas for you 👍

7munkee

7munkee

Water them well, turn the light down for less pressure, and let them go another week. You still have several whiteish pistols, so you are not in danger of degraded THC imminently soon.

K

KVBR

you shouldn't chop those plants at the same time imho ... that's because your drying in the tent ?
I do have a separate drying environment...but I guess it's more about the watering and being away for a week? I could chop the left one, as it's close, start drying.....but the one on the right will be without water....thats my quandary right now : )

K

KVBR

Water them well, turn the light down for less pressure, and let them go another week. You still have several whiteish pistols, so you are not in danger of degraded THC imminently soon.
Thanks munk....that was kind of my plan I was thinking of....just water the shit out of them and see what I come home to.

I've got a drip on my veggies...I just can't do this in the tent, lol

IMG 2976
SpursGrower

SpursGrower

Thanks munk....that was kind of my plan I was thinking of....just water the shit out of them and see what I come home to.

Could do this just need some wick and a big jug
IMG 7438

7munkee

7munkee

Dont forget to back the light off so they are not under pressure to grow.

Top Bottom