I over watered this gal...can she be saved? Banana purple punch auto, week 4 of flower.

H

HomegrownOhighO

So upset with myself. No deficiency this entire run with this specific plant and then disaster struck. I noticed some yellowing of the leaves earlier this week and contributed it to being a week later on my normal feeding routine but its more than evident that I am wrong. This plant is obviously over watered. I moved the fans more focused on the pot and the soil is drying out but can a plant recover? I'm in week 4 of flower. I also should note I've been using the self watering bases from AC infinity. With the particular plant I would leave a 1L out for supplemental feedings on top when I filled the base with fresh water. I completely forgot to top dress my dry amendments before giving the 1L of supplemental water on top. So, the next day I did my top dress and thought I gave as little water as possible to wet the soil but apparently it was too much. My mistake, live and learn, I reckon. So, here we are, I really hope I didn't just kill my gal. I am open to any suggestions and or advice to save this lady. Thanks!

I over watered this galcan she be saved banana purple punch auto week 4 of flower
I over watered this galcan she be saved banana purple punch auto week 4 of flower 2
H

HomegrownOhighO

just dry it now? 🙃 if it's overwatering issue only that seems to be right fix and she should recover
fan lower so it will blow on pot few days will speed things up
Should I trim the affected leaves or just let it try to bounce back for a few days?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

What we call "overwatering" is watering too frequently, not watering too much volume. Correct watering frequency will depend on the media used. In soils and amended soils, I water slowly to runoff, only when the pots are very light. In coco or 100% peat, I'll water more frequently in smaller amounts.

H

HomegrownOhighO

What we call "overwatering" is watering too frequently, not watering too much volume. Correct watering frequency will depend on the media used. In soils and amended soils, I water slowly to runoff, only when the pots are very light. In coco or 100% peat, I'll water more frequently in smaller amounts.
I am using promix hp. I definitely gave her too much or should I say too soon, trying to wet the dry amendments after already watering the day before

H

HomegrownOhighO

This is how she's looking today. I'm so mad at myself and about to just cut my losses. I don't see how this gal could recover.

IMG 20240630 124717681
Sunin

Sunin

there's something more going on there if she looks like this after 24h 😕
taking under consideration overwatering, watering too often I would go in direction of some fungus problem in soil? as it starts to look more and more like root rot unfortunately
Maybe some tougher heads will come and help. Would be such a waste- nice plant

H

HomegrownOhighO

there's something more going on there if she looks like this after 24h 😕
taking under consideration overwatering, watering too often I would go in direction of some fungus problem in soil? as it starts to look more and more like root rot unfortunately
Maybe some tougher heads will come and help. Would be such a waste- nice plant
It was a gorgeous plant until now.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Look at your first picture, That's a classic plant that's thirsty; next time you see that you'll know.

Recommend learning what a wet dry / cycle is, I wrote this for someone a few years ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom