Is this overwatering or a nutrient deficiency or normal changing for the end of flower?

StiZZed420

StiZZed420

ok so when the medium is pretty much all dry,. you will water a 1000 ml at a time covering all the surface of the medium waiting 5-10 mins between each watering of 1000 ml 4 times,.. it should take you 20-30 mins that way all of your medium is wet and you let it dry out before repeating above,. usually 3-4 days maybe 5 days,.. you should get used to lifting the bag up slightly for weight of heaviness/lightness,.. always fault on being to dry than watering a day early,..
I've read that putting witch hazel mulch on top of the soil is helpful, does this hold any truth or is it a preference over having any actual benefits

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I'm running the Kind x220 led, it's my first run with it and I just followed their generic schedule so I have the full spectrum @ 100% and the ir&uv @ 100% like it calls for. It's only a 2ft wide x 2ft deep x 6ft tall cabinet. Maybe drop them both to 75%
Not a good way to do it, you think every strain under the sun, is all going to magically work with all the different genetics? Heel naw the geography and weather patterns, like, for instance a sativa growing on a mountain path in Nepal, elevation like a mofo, the sun is an entirely different beast up there
Is not at all going to require the same light proximity as something that came from North America? South America? At sea level?

Think about it a bit homie. Learn to read your plants if you stick with it. Nb work for a first time. But light instructions def can’t tell you shit about strain likes/dislikes and micro climate. This is a big one.

Oh and @gnick is legit.
Dude will help you for sure . 👊🏻🤡

My 2 nickles.

See you at the 🎪

StiZZed420

StiZZed420

ok,.. so maybe 3000 ml instead of 4000 ml of water
I really appreciate all the advice.
Not a good way to do it, you think every strain under the sun, is all going to magically work with all the different genetics? Heel naw the geography and weather patterns, like, for instance a sativa growing on a mountain path in Nepal, elevation like a mofo, the sun is an entirely different beast up there
Is not at all going to require the same light proximity as something that came from North America? South America? At sea level?

Think about it a bit homie. Learn to read your plants if you stick with it. Nb work for a first time. But light instructions def can’t tell you shit about strain likes/dislikes and micro climate. This is a big one.

Oh and @gnick is legit.

My 2 nickles.

See you at the 🎪
With that in mind, am I making things tougher on myself by running 2 different strains at once in such a small area that are going to need different light requirements etc?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
yep little light stress and a little of not feeding correctly,.,
why are you ph’ing your water?
you don’t need to growing that way,..
I saw it couple days ago depending on the alkalinity of your water source that its buffering capacity (or lack of it) will have little to no effect in the soils pH. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) but if your water source can EASILY be pH'd then its a good sign it will not affect the soils pH.

Alkalinity tells you the buffering capacity in the basic pH range of the water. You can have a high (or low) pH water with very little buffering capacity, meaning you can easily and quickly change the pH of the water; this also means the water is unlikely to change the pH of soils or potting mixes.

I know, I just said what you said.... 😂 but thought I'd explain it a bit for the thread (and me really).

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I saw it couple days ago depending on the alkalinity of your water source that its buffering capacity (or lack of it) will have little to no effect in the soils pH. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) but if your water source can EASILY be pH'd then its a good sign it will not affect the soils pH.

Alkalinity tells you the buffering capacity in the basic pH range of the water. You can have a high (or low) pH water with very little buffering capacity, meaning you can easily and quickly change the pH of the water; this also means the water is unlikely to change the pH of soils or potting mixes.

I know, I just said what you said.... 😂 but thought I'd explain it a bit for the thread (and me really).
and me, i’ve ignored ph info forever but had to learn a bit to help @Suds.an.buds get finished up and it’s working,..

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 🚀 living soil
Supporter
and me, i’ve ignored ph info forever but had to learn a bit to help @Suds.an.buds get finished up and it’s working,..
With me my water is full of sodium and shit so it's an 8 out of the tap. I just filter a couple times through a brita and it's fine. I honestly think its more of a sodium issue than a ph issue in my case. My outdoor takes the same water right out of the hose but they are in the ground so its apples to oranges. Ph is more of a hydro thing IMHO, any soil ph issue is typically a symptom of what's going on and not the actual problem ✌️

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 🚀 living soil
Supporter

Oh and @gnick is legit.

My 2 nickles.

See you at the 🎪
Not a lot of people think about that, but it's so true. If you take a normal flower that grows in Afghanistan in the mountains then grow it in Michigan in a guys back yard it's probably gonna struggle. For example my space panda is a monster but outdoors it HATES my climate. The only time it took off growing was during the 90 plus for 2 weeks heat wave. It all depends on a million different things.

What's good in 🤡 town @Captspaulding ?

Thanks @GNick55 for helping them out i got sidetracked ✌️

StiZZed420

StiZZed420

With me my water is full of sodium and shit so it's an 8 out of the tap. I just filter a couple times through a brita and it's fine. I honestly think its more of a sodium issue than a ph issue in my case. My outdoor takes the same water right out of the hose but they are in the ground so its apples to oranges. Ph is more of a hydro thing IMHO, any soil ph issue is typically a symptom of what's going on and not the actual problem ✌️
Mine comes out of the faucet at around 7 to 8 as well, I have been filling up a a bucket with about 2.5 gal at time and dropping some air stones hooked up to an aerator and de-chlorinating it for atleast 24 hours before I water with it. Don't know if that really makes any difference

B

Busybee817

Your grow bags look pretty clean. Do you water until runoff? The bags should be white from residual salt flushing out. no salt residue usually means constipated plants. Cant take anything in until the waste is expelled. Easy fix all you need is water. Start with the cheap and easy fixes first. Less is more. Dont think about what you can add to the soil, think about what needs to be taken away. Your soil is your plants digestive system. It is the small and large intestine in a sense.is responsible for delivering nutrients and expelling wastes. And i dont see evidence of waste being expelled
So many responses on here of add this and add that. Its like the pharmaceutical companies got the grow forums now take this and it will stop that. Then you get 1000 side effects and need a thousand more pills for those side effects which also come with side effects.
Remember they call it weed because it can grow anywhere very easily.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/attachmen...=161157&hash=36aa8d109153368a556e9ed10971582e

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Mine comes out of the faucet at around 7 to 8 as well, I have been filling up a a bucket with about 2.5 gal at time and dropping some air stones hooked up to an aerator and de-chlorinating it for atleast 24 hours before I water with it. Don't know if that really makes any difference
It depends on whether your water utility uses chlorine or chloramine. Aeration works well for chlorine, but not so much for chloramine. Chloramine is used in water systems with long distribution pipes because it stays in the water longer. Vitamin C neutralizes both and is safe for the environment. 1,000 mg of crushed vitamin C tablets will neutralize a bathtub full of water. Instructions for how to use it can be found on the Internet, especially at gardening websites.

Last edited:
StiZZed420

StiZZed420

Your grow bags look pretty clean. Do you water until runoff? The bags should be white from residual salt flushing out. no salt residue usually means constipated plants. Cant take anything in until the waste is expelled. Easy fix all you need is water. Start with the cheap and easy fixes first. Less is more. Dont think about what you can add to the soil, think about what needs to be taken away. Your soil is your plants digestive system. It is the small and large intestine in a sense.is responsible for delivering nutrients and expelling wastes. And i dont see evidence of waste being expelled
So many responses on here of add this and add that. Its like the pharmaceutical companies got the grow forums now take this and it will stop that. Then you get 1000 side effects and need a thousand more pills for those side effects which also come with side effects.
Remember they call it weed because it can grow anywhere very easily.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/attachmen...=161157&hash=36aa8d109153368a556e9ed10971582e
I get very little runoff. I've got a little bit of white build up on the bottom of the bags. Not gonna lie I thought it was some type of mold or fungus from overwatering

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mine is 8 out of the tap,.
i’ve never ph’d anything for my grows,.

Top Bottom