Issue with plants your thoughts plz

N

N2G420

Hi All,

My 2nd attempt at growing after starting over what do you think the issue is here not looking healthy.Curling and discoloured top right plant is showing worst symptoms.
Issue with plants your thoughts plz
Issue with plants your thoughts plz 2
Issue with plants your thoughts plz 3

Using 1 part mega crop, keeping ph between 5.8 - 6.2 100w led at around 60cm above photoperiod.

N

N2G420

Hiyas,

2x dwc buckets and the other is coco/perlite mix feeding 2/3 days at this stage.
I will try aim for 5.8 for the dwc and 6.2 for the coco and see if it gets better.
I did notice the ph moves a lot in the dwc.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Light height and output %

I use mega crop I have great success with 12 1/2 grams per 5 gallons,
I use 50 grams per ten gallons In flower. You may want to look into the sweet candy @greenleafnutrients makes. It’s amazing. 👊🏻🤡

N

N2G420

Light is around 60cm above at 80% using 100w
Spider farmer sf1000.
I am going off the recommended dosage as per their online calculator. Really need to work out what the issue is but sounds like it could be maintaining the correct ph levels as it does change noticeably.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Turn your light down, 80% is crazy high for those plants man. I run a ton of spiderfarmer gear.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Light is around 60cm above at 80% using 100w
Spider farmer sf1000.
I am going off the recommended dosage as per their online calculator. Really need to work out what the issue is but sounds like it could be maintaining the correct ph levels as it does change noticeably.

Turn your light down, 80% is crazy high for those plants man. I run a ton of spiderfarmer gear. See how far my shit is from the canopy in flower?
I haven’t ended a run over 75% on any sf gear since I gave them a shot. Just trying to let you know, that some of the stuff manufacturers give, is toilet paper.

IMG 5866
IMG 5865
IMG 5812
IMG 5658
IMG 1709
IMG 1629
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

What % do you think I should run on, I was just following the recommendations in the booklet?
Do you think the deficiency is from the light setting?
that’s what I’ve been saying. Yes.
The manufacturer specs for led as it applies to cannabis is crazy.
Cannabis is a varied plant, so many different genetics with landrace varieties being a product of their environment over many years.
It’s all about what the plant wants, not some arbitrary one size fits all blast em until they die shit ppfd/par rating stuff.
Also light and heat stress also manifest in a ton of ways that can trick you into over correcting your itch the wrong stuff, I’d say be sure to supplement calmag in that coco. And keep ph In those buckets tight too,

Other wise,
Man that little sf1000 is a beast.
It’ll fry some shit.
I have the sf2000 se3000 g4500 se7000
I love sf gear, because I upgraded a ton of shit with that gear, and my light bill went down.
It’s all about finding a happy medium.
It’s easier to give a plant more light, it’s harder to take away burn damage and stress from too much and too close as well.
Here’s a few different manifestations of heat/light stress.

IMG 6125
IMG 6126
IMG 6127
IMG 6129
IMG 6128
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Awesome set up plants look great.
Thanks man, I’m not in here trying to flex on ya, just wanted you to know what can be achieved with some tweaking here, some tweaking there.

N

N2G420

that’s what I’ve been saying. Yes.
The manufacturer specs for led as it applies to cannabis is crazy.
Cannabis is a varied plant, so many different genetics with landrace varieties being a product of their environment over many years.
It’s all about what the plant wants, not some arbitrary one size fits all blast em until they die shit ppfd/par rating stuff.
Also light and heat stress also manifest in a ton of ways that can trick you into over correcting your itch the wrong stuff, I’d say be sure to supplement calmag in that coco. And keep ph In those buckets tight too,

Other wise,
Man that little sf1000 is a beast.
It’ll fry some shit.
I have the sf2000 se3000 g4500 se7000
I love sf gear, because I upgraded a ton of shit with that gear, and my light bill went down.
It’s all about finding a happy medium.
It’s easier to give a plant more light, it’s harder to take away burn damage and stress from too much and too close as well.
Here’s a few different manifestations of heat/light stress.
Thanks for the feedback mate I will turn it down never grown before so all advice helps.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I’ve also been battling this led heat stress brought on by instructions from the lamp builder for a couple years here. It’s important.
And I just love cannabis and hate to see the stress on the plant and the well intentioned new homie 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks for the feedback mate I will turn it down never grown before so all advice helps.
Np at all man! Just a few things to iron out and you be killing it.

Cannabis growing, school is never out.
It’s a shroedingers box of variables hahahaa

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Kind of a shot in the dark here, but make sure your aeration in the DWC buckets is adequate and working. And I would dial back the light/move it higher.
That dwc stuff is ancient Sumerian to me man, is this referring to spray nozzles arrays?

N

N2G420

Typically air stones. With deep water culture, the roots are submerged and depend on bubblers (usually) to get enough air. If a pump goes down or there aren't enough bubbles for the volume, you get over-watering symptoms.
Thanks guys, in regards to air bubbles I run my pump on half as I am running a 4 valve pump but have them connected so that each bucket has 2 valves running through the one hose to each bucket. Should I max the air output or do you think I can leave it on half ?

Top Bottom