LST Fail - kinked stems

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Thought I needed a new title to the Tall OG Kush as I went to try LST.

Looked at the kink at the bottom and it looks like it worsened from yesterday.

Bent the top some more but also kinked again there 2nd string down from the top.

What am I doing wrong? And how long for a stem kink to heal? Still need to bend the top down further…

Got some adjustable angle clamps but not sure how to use them.

Picture of the bottom kink and the “cast” of card board wrapped around and blue tape to hold it tight. Placed a stake to tape the bottom link to to try to keep it from snapping.
You can also try these or another brand like them. I find I can bend some pretty thick branches without breaking the clip or branch. Then just remove them about a week later, when it grows upwards again.

If it still breaks the clip holds it till it’s healed.

E

elusiveshame

i thought i saw sometoutube videos on training even up to two weeks before harvest?!?!?!
You can do some light LST’ing, but at some point the branches are going to become too thick to bend in any meaningful way and will snap.

HST is a no go a week before you flip to flower.

B

Budclarkson

You can also try these or another brand like them. I find I can bend some pretty thick branches without breaking the clip or branch. Then just remove them about a week later, when it grows upwards again.

If it still breaks the clip holds it till it’s healed.

Here’s an update.
I got similar adjustable clips and used one of the larger size to bend the top flat. It linked but the clamp holds it in place. Not sure if And when I should remove the clip and cardboard/tape supports on the lower bends? I spray a little water on the clipped bend and down the tape supports once a day.

It accomplished the goal. Canopy is where I want it to be. A couple of smaller plants I put on some plant stands to keep the light distribution to the plants about even (worked great).

AB5EC531 CE3A 4F65 B1AF 5A97A9132F93
B

Budclarkson

”You will have to maintain the canopy’s shape until the third week of flowering, depending on plant characteristics. After that, you can ease off LST and relax since the plant will no longer grow.”

Seems like the Northern Light is stretching now. How long into flower should this plant be stretching? It’s just behind the Kush by days and now taller.

Thinking about bending the top of it with and adjustable clip to spread out the top xmas tree buds and let (LST tie) the lower ones come up out of the shadows.

Just clip the few fan leaves covering any flowers?

Top Bottom