Making money off growing any info???

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RealFarmer

So I want to be able to grow weed for a living. I’m currently in college for a biology degree and have been growing on the side. I’m trying to learn everything I possibly can. I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas or knowledge on how I can make money (legally of course) from growing. Honestly if I can make enough to live I’ll be happy. My only goal is to enjoy what I do. I know my first step is to move to a legal state but then where do I go from there? Any help or advice or steps to take would be really nice. I’m getting my biology degree regardless of growing that way I can still find something i enjoy if growing doesn’t work out.
A kid fresh out of school with a biology degree should have no problem finding work. I would just call around to farms, processors, seed suppliers, cannabis schools, growers, dispensaries.. Basically anywhere to get my foot in the door. Look at Hemp farms too. Good luck, i wish you the best. Maybe in a couple years I'll be looking for someone just like you to hire. 👍

R

RealFarmer

That aint Ohio 😂

No. This is Ohio

R

RealFarmer

In my area of Ca it’s very difficult to get started. Besides the regs/permits required, there’s not a big market for bud, it’s flooded. Selling can be tough, since many dispensaries have their suppliers locked in, so you’d need a really unique product. That said, there are several boutique type sellers. I have a friend who got into commercial when they approved medicinal use in Ca. When recreational was approved he already had all his sales channels in place. Now with a flooded bud market, he processes mostly for vapes and edibles.
Gotta do big outdoor farms

R

RealFarmer

Seneca Reservation in New York sells $40 ounces every Wednesday. I mean it's crap, but the tea toteler don't care about quality. I grow craft and wouldn't sell mine for under $200. In fact, I don't sell mine at all because I can't find any in my area that is anywhere near as good as mine at ANY price.
I have that same problem. Can't find bud as good as my own lol

E

Eclipted

A kid fresh out of school with a biology degree should have no problem finding work. I would just call around to farms, processors, seed suppliers, cannabis schools, growers, dispensaries.. Basically anywhere to get my foot in the door. Look at Hemp farms too. Good luck, i wish you the best. Maybe in a couple years I'll be looking for someone just like you to hire. 👍
Yessiirrr thank you brother. I hope someday I’m able to have a farm and be able to hire people as well

AZreefer

AZreefer

Man. Grow it in a state that is legal and export blackmarket chronic. High risk medium reward! I mean this is a terrible idea but how we use to do it back in the day. Except it was grown in mexico and brought here for us to pedal. I made money off it and smoked free weed for years.

Top Bottom