Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

Here's a pic of the Telos Growcast (and mesh network) I've got it hooked up to now as it doesn't talk to my ACI controller. Granular control! 🤓😄

Screenshot 20240517 205956 Telos

Screenshot 20240517 210001 Telos

lenhug

lenhug

Was looking at that uva/b light they offer. Are they bonk or they actually beneficial?

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no bloody idea! 😄

Oddly enough I was reading a thread on reddit yesterday where someone was alluding to them but no real conclusion.

I'd also be interested in anyone's experience with them but surely if you have a good light and proper spacing they're not particularly needed? I dunno. 🤷‍♂️

lenhug

lenhug

Here's a question that popped in to my head today, should I (or do I need to) be raising the shorter plants so that we have an approximately equal height canopy or just let them all get on with it as they like?

I can convince myself either way tbh but wondered if there was any consensus out there?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Here's a question that popped in to my head today, should I (or do I need to) be raising the shorter plants so that we have an approximately equal height canopy or just let them all get on with it as they like?

I can convince myself either way tbh but wondered if there was any consensus out there?
I’ve seen more folks make the canopy even by raising the shorter plants than not. I think it’s beneficial for the shorter plant as well.

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

I’ve seen more folks make the canopy even by raising the shorter plants than not. I think it’s beneficial for the shorter plant as well.
I want to second this suggestion. This is what I used to do. I would use buckets or empty plastic pots to raise my short plant higher. This complicates things if there is already a trellis net but I cant see one in this case.
Edited to add, make sure whatever you use is hard plastic and not bendy lol.

lenhug

lenhug

But my next worry is what I think might be a little bit of light burn from the new lights, what are everyone's thoughts?

I've raised the light way up now and turned her down to 900PAR (from 1100) which to be fair was probably a bit over enthusiastic from me and quite a a shock to them. Canopy height is now, give or take 22in, was around 12-15in before.

Oddly it started in the lower leaves of all three of the larger plants though (so closer to the light until last night, which fits above) so was originally thinking maybe a little bit of nute burn from the feeding on 3rd May but that feels like a stretch to me and too long ago now I feel.

And it also feels too early for them to be fading...yet.

Or maybe I'm worrying about nothing. See what the next few days bring...

20240520 192002

20240520 192004

20240520 192006

20240520 192009

20240520 192013

20240520 192015

20240520 192020

lenhug

lenhug

@TopShelfTender The God Particle smells bloody delicious, sort of fruity but gassy with something else in there as well I can't pin down yet. It's the Froot Fuel parent I can smell. Delicious.

The Aunt Ginny not so much...yet. I'll do another smell taste later when I water and feed them and report back!

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Here's a random question which has been bothering me since I read a throwaway comment somewhere.

How fast do you all have your oscillating fans blowing? I've got one low and one high and did have them on lvl3 which was quite strong. Read this can cause some larfing of buds if sat close to them. Is that true, sort of makes some sense?

lenhug

lenhug

You know what, that light burn I was concerned about and mulling over further up.

I was looking up predicted grow times for the ladies and it could well just be the fade coming in. Day 69 today and most are predicted on various ranges between 65-85 days (dependent on strain). Can also see some colour change on few top leaves which is definitely that.

I think I just assumed longer for some reason and from my previous slower, colder grow. This makes far more sense to me now... 🤞🏽

Definitely more than a few more weeks left at least for flowers/buds to bulk and harden up though. One to watch anyway.

The things we get ourselves in to a tizz about. Well, I do...lol!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I don't see the light burn. Are your edges curling up? Might just be adjusting.

I keep my oscillating fans at 4 during the day and scale it back to 2 for lights off... not sure why. Just did it and seemed to work fine.

lenhug

lenhug

I don't see the light burn. Are your edges curling up? Might just be adjusting.

I keep my oscillating fans at 4 during the day and scale it back to 2 for lights off... not sure why. Just did it and seemed to work fine.

I spoke too soon, had a look this morning and the God Particle has not taken well to being raised towards the light as you can see below. Have put her back down on the floor now. Interesting she would react so strongly to the light/height change.

But I think the rest are just fading rapidly as no crispiness or curling up like the GP.

God Particle
20240523 094318

20240523 094156

20240523 094152

20240523 094232

The rest

20240523 094231

20240523 094310

Top Bottom