pH levels adjusting in soil

• Thread starter Amateur_Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amateur_Grower

I have some plants going into flower soon and I recently did a flush cause my PPM numbers were super high (2000+). I managed to get my PPM numbers to around 1000 - 1100, but my pH is around 5.5. I always adjust my pH to 6.5 before any watering or feed. I am using FoxFarm Coco Loco. Is there a way to get my pH to 6.5?

Ph levels adjusting in soil
Ph levels adjusting in soil 2
Ph levels adjusting in soil 3
Ph levels adjusting in soil 4
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I grow in a simple mix of Peat Moss and Vermiculite. The Peat runs around 5.5 so I add 40 grams of Dolomite Lime per gallon of finished medium in order to take the edge off the peat with great results. Got the recipe from Dr Bruce Bugbee. I don't know if mixing it in feeding solution will help you but it's something to keep in mind next grow when preparing Coco.

A

Amateur_Grower

Today starts week 4 of flower. Going to defoliate a lot the next few days. pH runoff is around 6.1. Every time I grow I always have burnt tips. Leading me to think it’s nutrient burn. I’ve lowered my Jack’s 321 to around 50%, added Cal/Mag and Silica Bloom into the feeding mix.
IMG 3235
IMG 3233
IMG 3234

A

Amateur_Grower

Here are the after results of some defoliation. The back of the tent was difficult for me to get to so I did whatever I could.
IMG 3238
IMG 3239
IMG 3240

A

Amateur_Grower

you got some light stress you better fix,..
raise the light like 10 inches if not more
How can you tell by light stress if you don't mind me asking? I keep the light about 18 - 20 inches away from the tallest part of the plant

A

Amateur_Grower

you got some light stress you better fix,..
raise the light like 10 inches if not more.

yellowing, tacoing, leaf edge curl,..
Thank you! I can never tell the difference if it's nutrient burn or something else. I'll get that light raised to the highest I can get it!

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I have some plants going into flower soon and I recently did a flush cause my PPM numbers were super high (2000+). I managed to get my PPM numbers to around 1000 - 1100, but my pH is around 5.5. I always adjust my pH to 6.5 before any watering or feed. I am using FoxFarm Coco Loco. Is there a way to get my pH to 6.5?
Your question speaks of soil but you're feeding coco coir newts, so I'm confused, are you in soil or coco?

A

Amateur_Grower

Your question speaks of soil but you're feeding coco coir newts, so I'm confused, are you in soil or coco?
I get told many things about this to treat it as soil or more coco than soil. What is a good medium to use? Because I think that is what is messing me up.

519nTwqkbuL AC UF8941000 QL80
P

Phyto

It's a hybrid soil, first ingredient is aged forest products (compost), then coco. With a hybrid, I don't know if PH runoff is even an issue, that soil is buffered, so it shouldn't be an issue. You should be ph'ing what goes in to, I'm guessing because its a hybrid, about 6.0. Also not sure if PPM's are an issue with that soil.

A

Amateur_Grower

It's a hybrid soil, first ingredient is aged forest products (compost), then coco. With a hybrid, I don't know if PH runoff is even an issue, that soil is buffered, so it shouldn't be an issue. You should be ph'ing what goes in to, I'm guessing because its a hybrid, about 6.0. Also not sure if PPM's are an issue with that soil.
I always end up with burnt tips while growing. I use Jack's 321 - Part A 3.6g - Epsom - 1.2g - Part B 2.4g per gallon. For the past few weeks I've been adding Silica Blast 4 ml and Cal/Mag (once per week at 1.5ml). I feed every watering and get about 32 ounces of run off water. I check run off PPM's always really high 1300 - 1700 PPM. Not sure what to do to stop getting what I think nutrient burn all the time.

P

Phyto

A little tip burn won’t really matter, but if you want to stop it, keep reducing nutes until it stops.

A

Amateur_Grower

A little tip burn won’t really matter, but if you want to stop it, keep reducing nutes until it stops.
Maybe I notice it too late then cause my leaves end up looking like this. A lot of them burn to a crisp and fall off.
IMG 3240

P

Phyto

K and P toxicities look very similar to deficiencies. My guess is toxicity.

Top Bottom