Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

The reverse leaflets and NLD structure have the old school skunk look now that it's getting bigger. Can see some resemblance to the Super Skunk. Would be pretty amazing if they're related.

The smell is still really pungent and gives me an instant headache every single time. Some powerful compounds on this plant. Heavy, minty skunk mixed with a dead animal. Reminds me of my uncle. He smoked my whole life, and always had the skunk back in the day. That distinctive skunk smell is identical and a good sign.

Flowering schedule is set. It's about to go down.

"Roadkill" Skunk

View attachment 2198525

Super Skunk

View attachment 2198979
Yesssssss!!! I’m so pumped up bro. I think this cut is gonna be fire once it’s completed 🔥

Stokes

Stokes

Speaking of cat piss. Unrelated and not skunk. Supposed to be lambs breath but im thinking its more mexican than anything…. All cat piss and lime

IMG 9548

Its so funny because just a few days ago i could smell the lime, 100%. But there was something else very subtle, i knew i recognized it but couldnt get a nose on it because it was very faint. Opened up the tent last night and my god….. i will have to be very careful to not have this open when the wife is home.

I did defoliate and bend after this. Sorry to derail thread. All this talk of cat piss got me excited

Stokes

Stokes

Dropped 5 of the SSSC ‘79/‘81’s I was gifted. Will probably start them in coco with mega crop. Wanted to drop 10 but will not have the space. Will take pollen from the best male, and pollinate the best female. If I strike any gold cuts will be taken of course. Praying for something stinky.

IMG 9579

I

Infusd

Dropped 5 of the SSSC ‘79/‘81’s I was gifted. Will probably start them in coco with mega crop. Wanted to drop 10 but will not have the space. Will take pollen from the best male, and pollinate the best female. If I strike any gold cuts will be taken of course. Praying for something stinky.

View attachment 2200310
Right on. Will be cool to see how these turn out. I still have my pack of these waiting. Already have a bunch of new genetics, plus I was turned off by the long flowering time. "Plan for 14 weeks, but some phenos will finish in 11-12."

Stokes

Stokes

Right on. Will be cool to see how these turn out. I still have my pack of these waiting. Already have a bunch of new genetics, plus I was turned off by the long flowering time. "Plan for 14 weeks, but some phenos will finish in 11-12."

I noticed that. Will be the longest flower ive ever had by damned near a month. If i get full jars of anything remotely close to what we had in the 90’s it will be more than worth it

It said flip after 8 days of veg but im wondering if vegging for a couple more weeks would have any significant impact on yield

Last edited:
I

Infusd

I noticed that. Will be the longest flower ive ever had by damned near a month. If i get full jars of anything remotely close to what we had in the 90’s it will be more than worth it

It said flip after 8 days of veg but im wondering if vegging for a couple more weeks would have any significant impact on yield
Yeah that's a long time flowering time but would be worth it for sure if something good comes out of there.

Yield will increase with longer veg but those will be some tall plants unless you top or train them.

"They will all branch out, they will get tall if allowed but it’s not hard to SOG them in 5gals, drip drain to waste and flower them after about 8 days veg. They do take longer to finish in most cases. They will stretch and branch out. Taking the height and width requirements of your garden may mean you want to flower sooner or if you have ample space or are outdoors you may want to get them as large as possible."

I'd flip them early for the first time just to see what phenos you pull. If they take that long to flower they will probably stretch for the first month.

I

Infusd

That’s pretty cool. I grew out Mass Super Skunk last season but yet again it was fruity and mediocre. Maybe I didn’t get legit seeds 🤷
That's disappointing. Lots of fruity skunks out there. Guessing it wasn't the real MSS. I have a lead on the analog cut of MSS and some s1 seeds but both are expensive and I'm all jammed up on strains at the moment. But it's still around.

I

Infusd

Got a pretty impressive update to share. So I got some more info directly from the source of the Super Skunk.

Turns out, this Super Skunk line is very old (acquired in the early-mid 90s, and was around even before that.)

What's even more impressive, is that this line isn't the Super Skunk from Sensi.

Sensi Super Skunk = Skunk 1 x Afghani

This Super Skunk = Afghani x Skunk 1

This is the original Super Skunk line from Nevil, which was the Ortega Maple Leaf Indica (aka Afghan T) x Skunk 1 male. 🤯

Here’s what they had to say about it:

"There isn't a carbon filter strong enough to contain the smell."

You can see it's the identical leaves and growth structure. This is the real fucking deal 🦨

20240624 170934

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Got a pretty impressive update to share. So I got some more info directly from the source of the Super Skunk.

Turns out, this Super Skunk line is very old (acquired in the early-mid 90s, and was around even before that.)

What's even more impressive, is that this line isn't the Super Skunk from Sensi.

Sensi Super Skunk = Skunk 1 x Afghani

This Super Skunk = Afghani x Skunk 1

This is the original Super Skunk line from Nevil, which was the Ortega Maple Leaf Indica (aka Afghan T) x Skunk 1 male. 🤯

Here’s what they had to say about it:

"There isn't a carbon filter strong enough to contain the smell."

You can see it's the identical leaves and growth structure. This is the real fucking deal 🦨

View attachment 2201988
It’s the Holy Grail bro! This is awesome! 🤘🔥

I

Infusd

It’s the Holy Grail bro! This is awesome! 🤘🔥
I don't think its a pure "roadkill" skunk so I wouldn't call it the holy grail, but it's supposed to be really skunky!

From what I know, it's an Afghani x Sk1 male and not from Sensi Seeds, which would make it Nevil's Super Skunk line. It's not directly from Nevil or The Seed Bank or anything like that though, that would be the holy grail. It came from a seed pack so this would be it's progeny. How far down the line, I dont know. I'd imagine a lot of these skunks all have similar parents, as these genetics were shared among the top breeders during the late 80s-early 90s.

Knowing the lineage is cool and all, but there's always controversy to that, especially so many years later. My main goal is to find the skunk!

Stokes

Stokes

Im beginning to think that very unique and distinct qualities of certain strains are brought out or enhanced by the environment theyre grown in. Look at fine wines. Flavors and types can only be grown in certain climates and soil conditions. The location and vineyard can be identified by nothing more than taste (so ive heard, i hate wine). Why would cannabis be any different?

That older guy that was in here a few weeks back said some things that have really sunk in. The shit did really dry up around here right about the time he said that guy went to jail. Im starting to think that its not something that will happen by chance, i think it has to be be drawn out.

Take that with a grain of salt, ive only been growing a few years and i’ll be the first to admit i have no idea wtf im talking about

I

Infusd

Im beginning to think that very unique and distinct qualities of certain strains are brought out or enhanced by the environment theyre grown in. Look at fine wines. Flavors and types can only be grown in certain climates and soil conditions. The location and vineyard can be identified by nothing more than taste (so ive heard, i hate wine). Why would cannabis be any different?

That older guy that was in here a few weeks back said some things that have really sunk in. The shit did really dry up around here right about the time he said that guy went to jail. Im starting to think that its not something that will happen by chance, i think it has to be be drawn out.

Take that with a grain of salt, ive only been growing a few years and i’ll be the first to admit i have no idea wtf im talking about
I don't doubt that environment plays a big role, but I'd say that it's mainly genetics first, then environment. The environment won't be able to do the same things as the genetics, but it may help them express their traits.

I've been running aeroponics lately, and it seems to bring out the full expression of the plants. Some of my strains that I've been growing for over a decade, have never looked or smelled as good as they do in aero. I've also seen newer hype strains pop insane amounts of herms, but they didn't show those traits when ran in coco or hydro. Not sure if that means it brings out recessive traits, or it just fully expresses the dominant traits. I'm no geneticist or big time breeder, just an observation. Planning on running these skunks in aero once I see them flower in coco.

Also wouldn't doubt that a lot of the skunk lines disappeared due to busts. Read a few stories online about it being lost after raids. Even Sacred Seeds almost lost their whole stock to a bust. Imagine if those lines were lost!

I know who has the old skunk seeds, the cops! Let's shake them down for some 🤣

Stokes

Stokes

I don't doubt that environment plays a big role, but I'd say that it's mainly genetics first, then environment. The environment won't be able to do the same things as the genetics, but it may help them express their traits.

I've been running aeroponics lately, and it seems to bring out the full expression of the plants. Some of my strains that I've been growing for over a decade, have never looked or smelled as good as they do in aero. I've also seen newer hype strains pop insane amounts of herms, but they didn't show those traits when ran in coco or hydro. Not sure if that means it brings out recessive traits, or it just fully expresses the dominant traits. I'm no geneticist or big time breeder, just an observation. Planning on running these skunks in aero once I see them flower in coco.

Also wouldn't doubt that a lot of the skunk lines disappeared due to busts. Read a few stories online about it being lost after raids. Even Sacred Seeds almost lost their whole stock to a bust. Imagine if those lines were lost!

I know who has the old skunk seeds, the cops! Let's shake them down for some 🤣

I dunno. Just have a hunch. You see it alot, small town legends all over the country. Little anomalies that are very isolated to an area. I think the plant adapts to a certain environment, then after a few generations out of it the pheno goes dormant

I also believe in structures on the moon.

Just throwing that out there to anyone browsing. Dont quote me on anything lol

shaganja

shaganja

If we look at the past grows versus now, what did they have then, we don't have now. I agree that it could very well be terrior. The surrounding factors that affect plant growth. And the one thing they had then that we don't have now, is passion. Everything is legal now. Nobody is betting against the law now. Back then, if you were a cannabis grower, you were serious. You were risking jail/prison time to grow your girl. So the method was super thought out, and ed Rosenthal was teaching you how to do it. internet wasnt there. Just books. And Ed wrote the bible of 80s and 90s cannabis growing. Much content still works today. So perhaps the passion needs to reawaken.

Top Bottom