Roots problem in coco, help!

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I have the plants in veg they where watered daily to run off , but iv had slow growth so today I took a look at the roots some white some brown ,
root rot?

Temps.are.good.and im feeding just a&b canna coco ph5.8. And e.c of 0.6

Roots problem in coco help
Roots problem in coco help 2
Roots problem in coco help 3
Roots problem in coco help 4
Roots problem in coco help 5
Roots problem in coco help 6

Ph 007

Ph 007

Looks like some root rot, and looks like bugs also, check under your leaves.
Thanks , Though so, if leave them dry out will they be good, or should I bin them, I find in soil leave then dry right out usually fixe it not sure with coco?

If you can't over coco why am I getting root rot,

V

Vondank420

Agreed--- let coco dry a bit when your starting new clones or transplanting.
Once established with roots you can feed/water coco however you like.(and I've seen many different cycles work).

Ph 007

Ph 007

Any idea what to do ? Can I get rid of he root rot ate are the now now good?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Water quality is a factor too as the rot is caused by introducing a fungal pathogen like pythium or phytopthora in addition to keeping the media saturated when the plants are young. What is your water source?
As for how to treat, you could either attempt to go sterile with H2O2 or use something like hydroguard to inoculate it with bacteria that will eat the fungus causing the rot.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Water quality is a factor too as the rot is caused by introducing a fungal pathogen like pythium or phytopthora in addition to keeping the media saturated when the plants are young. What is your water source?
As for how to treat, you could either attempt to go sterile with H2O2 or use something like hydroguard to inoculate it with bacteria that will eat the fungus causing the rot.
I using tep water ppm is 075/
I have 50 litres in a drum with air stone and heater at 20c I leave stand at least 24 hours before using.

I have some h202 here will one feed with that do t he trick what strength, or feed a few Tims with it? Should I let them dry out first?
Thansk

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I see your using plastic pots, not a good choice in my experience, roots seem to sweat and stay quiet wet. If using fabric pots it will have more air for the roots and allow correct drainage.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
One treatment of H2O2 wont do it, and honestly it's not the best solution since the rot is already there. It's better for preventing it. Since the roots cant be rinsed or cleaned off easily hydroguard would be the better option I think. But you're in for a battle.

And again those bug spots are equally concerning and should be addressed.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I see your using plastic pots, not a good choice in my experience, roots seem to sweat and stay quiet wet. If using fabric pots it will have more air for the roots and allow correct drainage.
I do use fabric pits aswell, I pot them into 20 litre fabric pots once rooted these ,
Maybe u will get small fabric pots soon

Ph 007

Ph 007

One treatment of H2O2 wont do it, and honestly it's not the best solution since the rot is already there. It's better for preventing it. Since the roots cant be rinsed or cleaned off easily hydroguard would be the better option I think. But you're in for a battle.

And again those bug spots are equally concerning and should be addressed.
Im thunking of scrapping them, or even potting them into soil and flower in soil?
Will the soil then kill.it off?

I can pot into bigger fabric pots. But if its not going to kill the Roy just by drying I don't fancy battling root Rot in flowe

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Yes probably, I would transplant into fabric pots and let them dry out , just to give them a chance . What is your medium mix , I do 65 coca 30 perlite and 5 vermiculite .

Ph 007

Ph 007

Yes probably, I would transplant into fabric pots and let them dry out , just to give them a chance . What is your medium mix , I do 65 coca 30 perlite and 5 vermiculite .
70/30 about, but potting these up forgot to add perlite mixed into the coco

Ph 007

Ph 007

Do you guys think shaking all coco off the roots them re-pottinfg into soil will fiz my.problem? It just be soil grow not coco they don't bother me , just want the quickest and easiest way to get rid root rot and get them in flowr

Ph 007

Ph 007

And sorry keep forgetting to say thrips i have that my bugs, their part of the family now

Latest posts

Top Bottom