SCROG table- recommended size of squares?

Sunin

Sunin

Hoping for some advise from scrog-ers with heavy tables. Never Scrog-ed before 🙃
I found myself thinking about SCROG table as I will have loads of little and medium colas
Is there any recommended size of push through squares while making such a table?
I am thinking 10X10cm -I don't know why. Will that be alright?
Found some nice tutorials but nothing about size of squares itself- they both look like 10X10 cm more or less? https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-diy-build-scrog-cheap-easy.154346/
Greetings

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

My homemade trellises all have 3 inch squares, which is [googles] about 7.5 cm. I like relatively small squares, so I can tuck more often. I'm sure 10 cm would work.

IMG 0312

Sunin

Sunin

ok. thank you. 7,5 to 10cm ok so ☺️
now another question :D

Does it have to be frame with something elastic? and does this elastic material for dividing squares matters when you work inside the SCROG during flower?
If I would use something that is already in one piece but stiffer would that work?- I am thinking about galvanized 6mm steel to be exact ✌️
greetings

I also do 3” squares

My homemade trellises all have 3 inch squares, which is [googles] about 7.5 cm. I like relatively small squares, so I can tuck more often. I'm sure 10 cm would work.

View attachment 2205299

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

ok. thank you. 7,5 to 10cm ok so ☺️
now another question :D

Does it have to be frame with something elastic? and does this elastic material for dividing squares matters when you work inside the SCROG during flower?
If I would use something that is already in one piece but stiffer would that work?- I am thinking about galvanized 6mm steel to be exact ✌️
greetings

I use mason's twine. Cheap, and easy to cut and pull out of the canopy on harvest day. Then I re-string it for the next run. Anything rigid could be a bit of a project getting it untangled from the plants, but I've seen people do it.

Natep

Natep

I use mason's twine. Cheap, and easy to cut and pull out of the canopy on harvest day. Then I re-string it for the next run. Anything rigid could be a bit of a project getting it untangled from the plants, but I've seen people do it.
I use construction string line. The pvc Fran works out. I did not connect mine to the poles. That way when it is time to harvest. I cut the plants and flip the entire trellis over. Then when I trim I can just cut out all the string. Way easier than getting a stretchy net out.

F9512A4E 6493 41D5 803D 97518445A0D3
BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Hoping for some advise from scrog-ers with heavy tables. Never Scrog-ed before 🙃
Scrogging is a LOT of fun 😍 . Its addictive, and it gives you a good reason to get hands on and inspect nodes etc while you are trying to find the right spot for them. It can be a bit annoying if you are pheno hunting because inspecting the plant becomes a little more difficult, but if you want even spread its well worth it. For bud runs I use LST wire until they are in the flower tent, then I release LST and spread them out with the net instead. Unlike the crafty users here I have yet to create my own scrog-table, and I just use thick SCROG elastic from my tent supplier. I spread them out as much as I can, then I secure the large branches to the net with plant training wire (rubber coated). But the scrog tables they are posting here in this thread all look fantastic.

There is a genius user here who has done something amazing with his SCROG in his tent, they created a kind of flipping apparatus for their SCROG table. The plant is weaved through the SCROG net and is securely in place during flower. When its time to harvest all this user has to do is cut the stalks, raise the SCROG table a bit, then flip the SCROG table (holding the plants in place) upside down so now his plants are drying in the same tent 🤣🤣🤣 it is one of the coolest things in DIY growing that I have ever seen.

My memory is horrible, but it is a very well known user here, can anybody remember who this was?

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
Scrogging is a LOT of fun 😍 . Its addictive, and it gives you a good reason to get hands on and inspect nodes etc while you are trying to find the right spot for them. It can be a bit annoying if you are pheno hunting because inspecting the plant becomes a little more difficult, but if you want even spread its well worth it. For bud runs I use LST wire until they are in the flower tent, then I release LST and spread them out with the net instead. Unlike the crafty users here I have yet to create my own scrog-table, and I just use thick SCROG elastic from my tent supplier. I spread them out as much as I can, then I secure the large branches to the net with plant training wire (rubber coated). But the scrog tables they are posting here in this thread all look fantastic.

There is a genius user here who has done something amazing with his SCROG in his tent, they created a kind of flipping apparatus for their SCROG table. The plant is weaved through the SCROG net and is securely in place during flower. When its time to harvest all this user has to do is cut the stalks, raise the SCROG table a bit, then flip the SCROG table (holding the plants in place) upside down so now his plants are drying in the same tent 🤣🤣🤣 it is one of the coolest things in DIY growing that I have ever seen.

My memory is horrible, but it is a very well known user here, can anybody remember who this was?
You gotta find it now!😂 that sounds awesome! Was it highlighted in its own thread or just in a grow thread?

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

You gotta find it now!😂 that sounds awesome! Was it highlighted in its own thread or just in a grow thread?
Hey friendo ;-) Guess what? I found it. It took me a little bit of digging, but I found it!
It was Staff member @Mikedin and I quoted the post below.
It is genius.

Thanks brother haha, just takes 4 adjustable straps remove the legs attach one side flip it to the side, pick up the other end and done haha,

Got the AC crankin but still 72 in here haha, went and got a new 12g 25ft extension cord to run it it pulls up to 1600w, turns out my lights aren’t where the major power expense is 🤣

Broke up the root balls, I don’t “reuse” my soil per se, but I do put it all back outside, why waste pure peat and perlite, roots for some organic material, all my amendments that haven’t been used up, as well as my myco coloinies I spent the whole grow building, since I was top dressing my blueberries and raspberries with it I added a bag of this fox farms acid loving amendment as well, soil PH in the berry bed is running around 6.5, this has a bunch of sulfur in it wanna get that soil ph down to 4.7-5.0. (Over time I don’t like slamming it with some soil acidified amendment specifically, but work it down over time) tbis has 4.0% sulfur vs the 30% sulfur the soil acidifier has in it

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey friendo ;-) Guess what? I found it. It took me a little bit of digging, but I found it!
It was Staff member @Mikedin and I quoted the post below.
It is genius.
View attachment 2205786
Haha thanks Fam, yes I do 3” squares with masons string as well, used to use 4” but found it was easier to train with the 3”

Few pics when it was being assembled I do the first net then as they grow through I build up the 2nd layer, I keep various riser sizes from 4” to 9” depending on how I want the separation

When I’m done I strip the fan leaves, chop the main stem and leave as much intact as possible to slow drying and just flip the net, easy as hell, then I sit under the net and trim so I don’t have to move the buds twice, they come off the rack / net, get trimmed and dropped in the finish trey lol

None of the PVC is glued I can adjust as needed, the legs have 3/4” threaded ends so I can screw them in and out to level the table on the floor, when it’s harvest time I just remove all the legs to flip it

IMG 3459
IMG 3223
IMG 3224
IMG 3225
IMG 3237
IMG 3243
IMG 3463
IMG 3272
IMG 5352
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I actually like to use a grate that has 2in x 4in
Grid, it gives just a little more ability when moving and adjusting the plant for coverage, on those branches that juuuuust might snap. Also it’s rigid, you can install it by hanging it which makes it a little easier to reach the back plants medium for feeding and inspections, but there’s no stretch ability of the grid,
Which forces you to be patient. It also holds up beastly colas super well. 👊🏻🤡

So def detractors by the good outweighs the bad imo

IMG 5144
Sunin

Sunin

👀 and now I'm looking at home made wonders.
I love them but there's no way I am doing SCROG table like this now. would take me two weeks. 3 with OCD 😂
Wouldn't even know where to get those plastic pipes
Where do you get them and what kind of pipes are they?
Are they empty and if they are are you increasing weight somehow?
What's the weight of a table made like this?
Is it necessary to have legs on it or can it hang?

Because I was thinking to use this 🤣 👩
A142 mesh for concrete slabs. 6mm. 2,2 kg/m2 so around 3 kilo for 5X5
I would cut it to 140, it's already grid 10X10 or 20X20 available, sand the edges, hook it up on four pulleys 80-120kg
and shlap it on 🙃
would that work? or not? as everywhere I am finding the same structure of tables and string - steel or nylon used
My thinking is- it stays under level of flowering so it can be rigid as I would cut plants down with it??

Much obliged for any help 🤟

Mesh

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
👀 and now I'm looking at home made wonders.
I love them but there's no way I am doing SCROG table like this now. would take me two weeks. 3 with OCD 😂
Wouldn't even know where to get those plastic pipes
Where do you get them and what kind of pipes are they?
Are they empty and if they are are you increasing weight somehow?
What's the weight of a table made like this?
Is it necessary to have legs on it or can it hang?

Because I was thinking to use this 🤣 👩
A142 mesh for concrete slabs. 6mm. 2,2 kg/m2 so around 3 kilo for 5X5
I would cut it to 140, it's already grid 10X10 or 20X20 available, sand the edges, hook it up on four pulleys 80-120kg
and shlap it on 🙃
would that work? or not? as everywhere I am finding the same structure of tables and string - steel or nylon used
My thinking is- it stays under level of flowering so it can be rigid as I would cut plants down with it??

Much obliged for any help 🤟

View attachment 2206022
3/4” PVC pipes Home Depot 10’ pieces, all the fittings are just 90 degree elbows and 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 tees then a roll of masons sting and about 100 1-1/4” drywall screws, whole 8’x2’ table, legs, risers and 2nd net probably cost me about $60 and about 2 hours to make in total, 1.5 hours of that just running the strings best part, it comes apart and the net levels stay together I just separate the 2 nets, remove the risers and legs, and throw the whole thing on top of my tent till I need it again

I have pics somewhere in my grow log of it being built

Here’s the ones before the pics above, I add that 2nd net when I’m at about 60% coverage on the bottom net then I add the top net and let them stretch into it, I like to flip right when they touch the bottom Of the 2nd (top) net

2nd pic is a mock up of where I wanted each elbow or tee for the final version

Nothing gets glued ever it’s all able to be taken apart and reused so I don’t waste tees or elbows cutting them off and tossing them

Pro tip if you’re going to be making an 8’ table with 3/4” PVC add a cross tee in the middle with a spare leg, those buds get heavy haha

IMG 6024
IMG 6025
IMG 6026
IMG 6027
IMG 6028
IMG 6029
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Also yes it can hang, it’s up to you, I don’t like the hangers coming down into my way so I chose to go with legs. That metal mesh is excellent just like cap said. If you use the steel mesh and it’s a heavy enough gauge and it won’t bend I’d just hang it midair

I did have one run I had to weight the table down, it picked up the whole table about 3” lol

Whole table probably weighs 20-25lbs you’d be shocked how light PVC piping is lol

You’ll know pretty quick if the mesh is being pushed up, if it is you’ll just have to add some weight to it, but yeah I’d say that mesh would be perfect

Not sure if the longevity of it as it’s steel in a humid environment it’ll be prone to rusting, unless you can find stainless, but I’ve seen others use steel just not sure how long it lasts for them

Like cap said the only thing is you’ll need to be more patient, with the strings you can kinda mini Pilate the stings to tuck a top under, with the mesh you’ll have to wait till it can reach it, not a major deal at all, just something to consider,

The strings have a similar issue, that sting is one continuous piece making each net, if I cut one string while I’m pruning or chopping down, it’s a full net restring some may be smarter and tie off

I like to live dangerously 🤣

Sunin

Sunin

Like cap said the only thing is you’ll need to be more patient, with the strings you can kinda mini Pilate the stings to tuck a top under, with the mesh you’ll have to wait till it can reach it, not a major deal at all, just something to consider,
yes- I was thinking about it. About strings in my way- I didn't 😉
that mesh would be only one time use
(unless it would work perfectly 🤣 then I would make another one and powder coat it purple)
This is my last grow here so I am looking for quick fix that I will leave behind.
I am also looking with one greedy eye at laundry horses here at home as they are just asking to be quick fix scrog table 🤣 Women have a bit different approach lol why to make something when you can use something already made
just I don't know- I never scrogged- I think in theory heavy stuff would work better and hold more in case

That said- all the info is much appreciated as I am sure I will build myself one from pipes ✌️ ability to just fold it and store it is really nice
And thank you for thinking that I can make table like this in two hours 🤣 you would see me assembling IKEA cabinet- you would change your mind

so you say you would fix hang stiff one mid air and add net over it in case later instead of treating it as normal SCROG table

Top Bottom