Should I Use Cal/Mag During Flower?

• Thread starter Dman91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Every strain is different mate what’s good for is not so good for another that’s why I try to grow single strain crop makes it way easier to get you ppm set right . Od
this comment exactly! id only recommend growing multiple strains if your a professional grower, otherwise you'd be stressing constantly trying to adjust each plant and make it right where as with the same strain you can get things dialled in a bit easier ;)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Calcium, and Magnesium, are Essential Secondary Macro Nutrients. They are also Electrolytes, and help pass electrical signals through the plant. As we know humans, and plants, are both run by electricity.
They are as important as NPK.
Look up Electrolytes.

Calcium and magnesium are essential secondary macronutrients for plants. They are involved in cell wall strength, nutrient absorption, growth rates, enzyme activation, and flowering.
Marijuana is also a very Magnesium Hungry plant, and not to mention, Magnesium, is generally the most common container grown plant deficiency. If not supplied regularly, whats there, will quickly be used up.
Just think if your bones had no calcium??? Same for cell walls.

Scope of new technologies in Ca nutrition research and application​

Ca is an integral part of the plant cell wall and plasma membrane and is also required for intracellular signaling (as a secondary messenger). Therefore, Ca plays a vital role in plant systems and is considered a key macronutrient for plant growth and development (Demidchik et al., 2018; Thor, 2019). Soil deposition of Ca is sufficient to meet the requirements of plants; however, the young vegetative parts of plants often experience Ca deficiency because of their limited immobilization

Ca functions in plants and Ca content in different types of soil​

Ca is a macronutrient essential for the growth and development of higher plants, and is crucial for several physiological activities in plants. Different soil types contain varying amounts of Ca and have distinct uses in plants (Thor, 2019). Ca, a significant component of plant cell walls, plays a critical role in cell wall formation. It is used in the production of pectin, which holds cells together and strengthens and rigidifies cell walls. Enzymes involved in cell division and elongation, as

Ca deficiency in soil​

Ca deficiency is a significant soil problem that can adversely affect plant growth and health (Leiva Soto et al., 2023). Ca is an essential macronutrient required for the development of plants and plays a critical role in cellular signaling (de Bang et al., 2021; Leong et al., 2023). It is an important intermediate in many physiological processes within plants, and its shortage affects plant growth and activity, which can lead to multiple issues. Ca deficiency in soil is commonly associated

Ca fertilizer variety, materials, production, and application​

Ca fertilizers play a crucial role as indispensable agricultural inputs for the purpose of rectifying Ca deficiencies, enhancing soil structure, and alleviating soil acidity within farming systems. Various Ca fertilizers exist, each characterized by a unique chemical composition and manufacturing procedure. In the following discussion, a thorough examination of the existing types of Ca fertilizers is conducted to elucidate their individual manufacturing approaches (Xue et al., 2010).

CaCO3,

Conclusions​

In conclusion, Ca is essential for plant growth and is closely related to soil pH. Soil acidification hinders nutrient access and affects crops worldwide.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The main thing with all of it is about ratio.

I myself dont use Cal/Mag. I use Calcium Nitrate-15.5-0-0 which is also 19% Calcium
I use Epsom Salts for Magnesium, and Sulfur. Research says Sulfur, helps in the production of terpenes.
I use Master Blend 4-20-38 base formula.
I use the same ratio through the whole grow, and say in an 8 weeks flowering strain, I will from seedling/clone, start at about 5%-10% of recommended dose, and slowly increase dosage, , as I see the plant(s) growing, and using water. And I will keep SLOWLY, increasing PPM, until week 6, in an 8 weeks flowering strain. I may also, starting at 3 weeks, give a MPK-0-52-34 boost for weeks 3--4, all the while, slowly increasing PPM of all the other ingredients, and in weeks 5-6 cut out MPK, and give a boost of Epsom Salts. Then weeks 7 cut back all fert 25%, and week 8, cut back another 25%, and then Harvest. Last watering, I may just give plain water.
My medium is Promix BX, and start seedlings, and veg under 1000w Hortilux HPS, or a 1000w Hortilux Blue 5500k bulb. Flower under same. Sometimes use 1150w DE Gavita.

Top Bottom