Small Brown Spots - Feminized

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

I'm in my third week, (16 days) of this grow and I'm seeing some brown spots and a slightly yellowish tint with darker veins. I'm using FF Ocean Forrest soil with zero nutes at this point. RT 77, RH 60%, PH 6.2.... My light is a Mars Hydro FC3000, 16-18" at 60%, approximately 700 umol. Could this be my light setting, a Cal Mag issue nute burn or something else? This is my second grow so any help would be appreciated.

Small brown spots   feminized
Small brown spots   feminized 2
Last edited:
B

Bdubs

She is super young still. Just entering vegetative phase. Give nutrients to accommodate that intensity or reduce the intensity down if your waiting longer to introduce nutrients. The soil could very well not have what it needs in totality. At that intensity and distance I would assume the plant cannot handle it with the available nutrients in the soil or the lack thereof.

CalMag alone won’t help if there is a lack of nitrogen. You may even burn from the cal mag only and no nitrogen supplement. This would be from mag being available in plethora and nitrogen deficient and both go hand in hand to create chlorophyll, green pigment.

Leaf temperature can help you here. If leaf temps are higher than average, the plant is absorbing but not processing the light. The leaf temps alone cannot tell you the story. But I would say if your leaf temps are 75-80, she isn’t transporting photon packets as she is absorbing the energy as heat and not actually processing it. Drop intensity or green up the leafs with nitrogen to be able to process that intensity.

O

Omaha101

She is super young still. Just entering vegetative phase. Give nutrients to accommodate that intensity or reduce the intensity down if your waiting longer to introduce nutrients. The soil could very well not have what it needs in totality. At that intensity and distance I would assume the plant cannot handle it with the available nutrients in the soil or the lack thereof.

CalMag alone won’t help if there is a lack of nitrogen. You may even burn from the cal mag only and no nitrogen supplement. This would be from mag being available in plethora and nitrogen deficient and both go hand in hand to create chlorophyll, green pigment.

Leaf temperature can help you here. If leaf temps are higher than average, the plant is absorbing but not processing the light. The leaf temps alone cannot tell you the story. But I would say if your leaf temps are 75-80, she isn’t transporting photon packets as she is absorbing the energy as heat and not actually processing it. Drop intensity or green up the leafs with nitrogen to be able to process that intensity.

just raise your light like 10-15 inches higher,.,
It's already at 16" above the plant, that would put it at 26-31" above the plant. That kinda seems too high, am I wrong there?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It's already at 16" above the plant, that would put it at 26-31" above the plant. That kinda seems too high, am I wrong there?
yes raise it just on the fact the plant is stressed..
what’s your watering habits and how much you give,.,
size of bags?

O

Omaha101

yes raise it just on the fact the plant is stressed..
what’s your watering habits and how much you give,.,
size of bags?
5 gal bag, I'll water every 3-4 days, once it gets dry, about 1gal at a time just until I see some runoff.

I haven't started any nutes yet; could this be nute burn from the FF soil, or does it need Calmag? I've tested PPM on the run off and it's high

B

Bdubs

30 day Organicare soil. At least 4-5 weeks in these containers. From immediately seeing tap root from seed into soil 1/4 inch deep. 3 weeks in filled Up and gave support to stretch. No nutrients. 30-36” at 50% SF4000 EVO. Cotyledons still all green. I am waiting for nutes still.

IMG 9510
P

Phyto

5 gal bag, I'll water every 3-4 days, once it gets dry, about 1gal at a time just until I see some runoff.

I haven't started any nutes yet; could this be nute burn from the FF soil, or does it need Calmag? I've tested PPM on the run off and it's high
No, it's not nute burn from the FFOF, looks more like light burn or a root/nute uptake issue. The FFOF should have enough nutes for a couple weeks, and calmag defiicencies at this stage/age are really rare. I see that two prong Moisture/PH/Light meter, if you're relying on that for watering or PH, or light, that's most of your problem, those things are notoriously inaccurate (ask me how I know), pitch it in the round file. Let your pots dry back until they're light before re-watering, raise your lights or turn them down too! Lastly, don't chase runoff in a soil grow!!!!! The FFOF is fine, and it you try and mess with the soil PH, I'll almost guarantee a disaster!!!!

O

Omaha101

No, it's not nute burn from the FFOF, looks more like light burn or a root/nute uptake issue. The FFOF should have enough nutes for a couple weeks, and calmag defiicencies at this stage/age are really rare. I see that two prong Moisture/PH/Light meter, if you're relying on that for watering or PH, or light, that's most of your problem, those things are notoriously inaccurate (ask me how I know), pitch it in the round file. Let your pots dry back until they're light before re-watering, raise your lights or turn them down too! Lastly, don't chase runoff in a soil grow!!!!! The FFOF is fine, and it you try and mess with the soil PH, I'll almost guarantee a disaster!!!!
I was only using that to get a rough reading on the PPFD... I have a separate PH & PPM meter, and a LUX meter. Do you have any suggestions on a good LUX reading?

They were at about 16-18", what do you think I should raise it to? What brightness %? 300w light LED

Got it on the soil, it's pretty much what I do.

Do you have any idea about how long the nutes in the soil will last? Average ish.

Lastly, the meters I have are decent, but not the best.... What brand would you recommend on any of those?

Thanks for your help on this! This is only my second grow, still new to this.

O

Omaha101

Just wanted to add to my last post... When you're talking about nutes, are you saying that I should start adding more? There was another person here that was saying it could be a nitrogen deficiency. Do you agree with that?

P

Phyto

Lux for seedling approximately 5000-7000, vegetative 15,000-50,000, flowering 45,000-60,000. The FFOF soil should be good for 2-4 weeks. The light should be 18 inches at 25% for seedling, 18 inch’s @ 50% for vegetative and for flowering 18” @ 100%, these are guidelines, so you need to see how the plants react and adjust if necessary. Go to the mars website for your exact hanging height based on your model. Also I think you’re watering too much, a plant that size can’t use a gallon of water in 3-4 days, cut back on the water.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just wanted to add to my last post... When you're talking about nutes, are you saying that I should start adding more? There was another person here that was saying it could be a nitrogen deficiency. Do you agree with that?
no
this is a watering and light issue, plain and simple,.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I'm in my third week, (16 days) of this grow and I'm seeing some brown spots and a slightly yellowish tint with darker veins. I'm using FF Ocean Forrest soil with zero nutes at this point. RT 77, RH 60%, PH 6.2.... My light is a Mars Hydro FC3000, 16-18" at 60%, approximately 700 umol. Could this be my light setting, a Cal Mag issue nute burn or something else? This is my second grow so any help would be appreciated.
Ph is too low, locking out nutrients. 6.8 is best for ffof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom