Some tips and suggestions please.

• Thread starter Trippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trippie

I have a gorilla candy auto, first time growing, just wanted to make sure everything looks okay or if there is any recommendations from anyone would be appreciated. This is 10 days old.
Some tips and suggestions please

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Looking good. i would transplant into her final pot now or within a week, you might stress root growth and stunt her if waiting longer.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the farm.

What do you have for a light? She looks a little washed out. To much light.
How far above the top of the plant is the light hanging?

Light - 18 hours on 6 off. What medium did you start her in?
Are you transplanting into the same medium?
It's time to transplant. Be very gentle and water her in with P.H ed feeding solution.

Do you have equipment ready to P.H feeding solution and or plane water?

If you are using a pre amended soil, fallow the directions

What about fertilizer, What are you going to feed her?
Do you have it on hand, ready to use?

T

Trippie

It's time to transplant. Be very gentle and water her in with P.H ed feeding solution.

I have it in seedling starting soil organic I was planning on transplanting into 3 gallon fabric pot with ffof, not really sure on fertilizers I was hoping to get some suggestions on that, I have really no knowledge on growing, the light is a vivosun led vs1000e and it is just ab 30 inches above the plant.
20240606 121222

T

Trippie

Light is 18 on 6 off. I have been using distilled water not sure on the ph. I do have Amazon prime so any fertilizers or nutrients you believe I should get let me know and it will be here the next day.

T

Trippie

I will say I did overwater it like a lot just about 4 days ago and haven't watered it since but the soil is still moist/damp on the top.

T

Trippie

These are the soil I have but it is in the white bag soil right now. Anything you believ I will need please let me know and I will go ahead and grab it.

T

Trippie

I have this all coming tomorrow. Just not sure exactly how to use the fertilizers to there full potential.
Screenshot 20240606 130607 Amazon Shopping

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Light is 18 on 6 off. I have been using distilled water not sure on the ph. I do have Amazon prime so any fertilizers or nutrients you believe I should get let me know and it will be here the next day.
Looks good. If your tap water is drinkable I recommend using that instead of distilled water, now that you've got pH and PPM meters coming you can check out your tap water and adjust your pH to 6.8 in ffof soil

As far as nutrients General Hydroponic makes a trio that's easy for new growers, also if you're open to dry nutes I recommend Master Blend. Good luck!

T

Trippie

What equipment would you recommend for ph feeding solution? What feeding do I use to to control that.
Looks good. If your tap water is drinkable I recommend using that instead of distilled water, now that you've got pH and PPM meters coming you can check out your tap water and adjust your pH to 6.8 in ffof soil

As far as nutrients General Hydroponic makes a trio that's easy for new growers, also if you're open to dry nutes I recommend Master Blend. Good luck!
Not to sound dumb or nothing what do you use to adjust the ph levels?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

No such thing as dumb questions. Will be back on after a bit and see if I can clear some things up for you.
Sorry my phone just went ding and I must go for a while.

T

Trippie

No such thing as dumb questions. Will be back on after a bit and see if I can clear some things up for you.
Sorry my phone just went ding and I must go for a while.
No problem man! Take your time! Whenever you free anything is helpful, just wanna do this the best I can.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

What equipment would you recommend for ph feeding solution? What feeding do I use to to control that.

Not to sound dumb or nothing what do you use to adjust the ph levels?

The easiest way to adjust pH might be using a product like this

Screenshot 20240606 141640
Mothman

Mothman

I grow in 3 or 5 gal bags with FFOF after starting germinated seeds in Happy Frog. I also use the 3-part nutes you’re ordering. I recommend that you get a bottle of cal-mag. Mine is from General Hydroponics. Cannabis is calcium and magnesium hungry. Just use it per bottle instructions.

No rush on the nutrients. The FFOF should carry you for a couple more weeks, it’s pre-amended a little. Water-only for another week or two, then start the Grow Big (which is nitrogen heavy).

Since it’s a 1st grow, I suggest you stick with the “soil” feed chart from FF. Start grow big at about 2/3 strength and adjust from there.

If you can find a small amt of perlite to mix into your 3-gal pot it’ll help improve your soil drainage and post-fluids dryback. But watch for the level of coarseness. You want it smallish like this,
but not fine. I add about 5-10% but others here say they go heavier. I bought a lifetime supply on Amazon (4 cubic feet). Way too much, but it was a great price and just the right coarseness.

Do you have a drip tray and pot elevator (a riser) to let the pot drain? You’ll also want a set of measuring spoons for your nutrients—my wife prefers I use my own set for measuring out guano and worm dookie nutes. 😉

EDIT: I prefer to measure my pH liquids and cal-mag using a 5 ML dropper, rather than measuring spoons.

Good luck friend!

T

Trippie

I grow in 3 or 5 gal bags with FFOF after starting germinated seeds in Happy Frog. I also use the 3-part nutes you’re ordering. I recommend that you get a bottle of cal-mag. Mine is from General Hydroponics. Cannabis is calcium and magnesium hungry. Just use it per bottle instructions.

No rush on the nutrients. The FFOF should carry you for a couple more weeks, it’s pre-amended a little. Water-only for another week or two, then start the Grow Big (which is nitrogen heavy).

Since it’s a 1st grow, I suggest you stick with the “soil” feed chart from FF. Start grow big at about 2/3 strength and adjust from there.

If you can find a small amt of perlite to mix into your 3-gal pot it’ll help improve your soil drainage and post-fluids dryback. But watch for the level of coarseness. You want it smallish like this, View attachment 2187384but not fine. I add about 5-10% but others here say they go heavier. I bought a lifetime supply on Amazon (4 cubic feet). Way too much, but it was a great price and just the right coarseness.

Do you have a drip tray and pot elevator (a riser) to let the pot drain? You’ll also want a set of measuring spoons for your nutrients—my wife prefers I use my own set for measuring out guano and worm dookie nutes. 😉

EDIT: I prefer to measure my pH liquids and cal-mag using a 5 ML dropper, rather than measuring spoons.

Good luck friend!
Thank you this is a lot of good info that I was looking for, I am going to get the perilite as well. Thank you I really appreciate it.( I'm gonna grab everything you mentioned that I don't got already)

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello again. I'm sorry I had surgery the other day and had some complications.
So how is your plant doing?
As you are planning on planting in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Fertilizer will be taken care of for a couple of weeks.
Most folks find ocean Forest to be a little hot at first. So I suggest you fill your pot 3\4 with Ocean Forest. Then top the pot off with the seedling starter mix so the young plant is not sitting directly in the Ocean Forest.

You asked about Fertilizer.
Please consider this. Gaia Green. It's great stuff and super easy to use.
You can order it on Amazon and have it in a day or so.

I'd suggest that you top dress the first time 3 weeks after transplanting into the Ocean Forest.
All you need is the 4-4-4 All purpose and the Bloom 2- 4 - 8

T

Trippie

Hello again. I'm sorry I had surgery the other day and had some complications.
So how is your plant doing?
As you are planning on planting in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Fertilizer will be taken care of for a couple of weeks.
Most folks find ocean Forest to be a little hot at first. So I suggest you fill your pot 3\4 with Ocean Forest. Then top the pot off with the seedling starter mix so the young plant is not sitting directly in the Ocean Forest.

You asked about Fertilizer.
Please consider this. Gaia Green. It's great stuff and super easy to use.
You can order it on Amazon and have it in a day or so.

I'd suggest that you top dress the first time 3 weeks after transplanting into the Ocean Forest.
All you need is the 4-4-4 All purpose and the Bloom 2- 4 - 8
Hi she is doing okay I did transplant her into ffof but now I seen these little tiny white bugs throughout the top of the soil.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looks like spider mite. You will be ok.
Look up Spider mite on cannabis and decide how you want to deal with them.

Top Bottom