Spots on clones, what is this?

G

Gyow11

Anyone know what’s going on? Doesn’t look like PM but they were under a humidity dome for two weeks, vents cracked halfway through. Strange thing is I see this on my cucumber plants outdoors.

Spots on clones what is this
Spots on clones what is this 2
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

That might be thrip damage. Check the under side of the leaves with a magnifying glass for tiny bugs.

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

Remove it and that rose plant from your space immediately if you haven't already. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with these buggers before so I'll let someone who has done so successfully advise you on this one.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Damnit you’re right. I put one rose I tried to propagate from outside in the same humidity dome… here we are with spider mites! Thanks for the help
Good rule of thumb, nothing from outside ever comes in the grow room.

I had mites recently, I mixed 70% isopropyl alcohol 50/50 with water & sprayed top & bottom of all leaves and it wiped out all of them; just cover the soil/medium so the alcohol doesn't drip into the soil and affect the roots.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is a bug called Thrips. Any insecticidal soap will take care of them for you.
Look them up on line.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's spider mites. I've dealt with them twice. An alcohol and water solution is effective, but you must be sure to spray the bottoms of the leaves. They can evolve to tolerate alcohol, so it's best to kill them all with the first application.

I prefer AgroMagen GrowSafe, however. Those mites are hard to get rid of completely. They only consume green plant material, but they can go dormant for lengthy periods of time. I got some from nursery violets and they made it through winter outside. I got rid of them from my tents last year using GrowSafe and used it again to kill the outside hatchings this spring.

Can it be bounced back? Or do you think just toss the clones and try again?
I think it can recover if the spider mite infestation eradication is complete. I would keep the plants.

G

Gyow11

It's spider mites. I've dealt with them twice. An alcohol and water solution is effective, but you must be sure to spray the bottoms of the leaves. They can evolve to tolerate alcohol, so it's best to kill them all with the first application.

I prefer AgroMagen GrowSafe, however. Those mites are hard to get rid of completely. They only consume green plant material, but they can go dormant for lengthy periods of time. I got some from nursery violets and they made it through winter outside. I got rid of them from my tents last year using GrowSafe and used it again to kill the outside hatchings this spring.

I think it can recover if the spider mite infestation eradication is complete. I would keep the plants.
That’s the route I decided. I’m gonna spray once a day for a week! Fingers crossed

G

Gyow11

Good rule of thumb, nothing from outside ever comes in the grow room.

I had mites recently, I mixed 70% isopropyl alcohol 50/50 with water & sprayed top & bottom of all leaves and it wiped out all of them; just cover the soil/medium so the alcohol doesn't drip into the soil and affect the roots.
I should have known better, rookie mistake. Eager with the cloning and wanted to try roses at the same time!

Appreciate the help, I would not have covered up the soil

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I should have known better, rookie mistake. Eager with the cloning and wanted to try roses at the same time!

Appreciate the help, I would not have covered up the soil
Spraying alcohol once a day may not be safe. Talk to mod @GNick first, he's the one that turned me on to the alcohol spray.

Top Bottom