Topping to keep them short

• Thread starter firsttimeratthis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

firsttimeratthis

So if I top the end of each branch will I be able to control the height? I would prefer to keep these under 6' and still get a good yield. Is it possible?

Topping to keep them short
Topping to keep them short 2
Topping to keep them short 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If you top what you have. the plant will put up 2 shoots where you cut. And keep growing taller.

You need to pull the stalks you have way out and stake the them down so light can get deep into the plant. Then trim the top leaves so even more light can reach down deep into the plant and it will stop growing tall and put up more branches from light exposed nodes instead of growing tall.
This will give you a very bushy plant full of buds not so tall.

The bottom one. You can bend over and tie down so the light hits the inside and she shoots new stems up rather than growing tall. Point the top of the bend at mid day sun.

Last edited:
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

For me it's topping, lst,hst all before the start flowering. I personally don't top After June 15. Because I want the plant healthy for the flowering stretch.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

So if I top the end of each branch will I be able to control the height? I would prefer to keep these under 6' and still get a good yield. Is it possible?
They're looking good! Topping will absolutely help you keep your height down, before you cut search 'How to top a cannabis plant', best wishes!

Top Bottom