Trying to germinate in the big pot

• Thread starter AZreefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZreefer

AZreefer

If im germinating in the final pot because im pretty broke now and this is my best option how likely am i to be buying more seeds and trying again? Im in a 5x5 tent with a shitload of fans and a 750w led that is on 25% probably 40" up. I let the seeds pop a tiny taproot in a cup of water then dropped them into a 1/2" finger hole. I have a fine mist spraier i used to Put a few pumps into the hole before i dropped the babies in. Few more pumps of mist after i pushed a tiny bit of soil over it.

All grand daddy purple but my media is different. I got 3 giant ass 15 gallons each with 3lbs natures living mixed with coco loco and topped with coco loco. 3 of 5 gallon pots have californa hot soil topped with the coco loco and 2 of the 5 gallon pots are just coco loco. Ummm.... i also have a tiny pot with a bit of coco loco. ive a good idea of what im doing but thats about it.

Im pretty sure 2 of these plants are not going to reside in the tent during flower. I think im past max capacity.

A few pumps from a mister going to be sufficent for how long we thinking? I didnt like soak it and cause a build up of water.

Trying to germinate in the big pot
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
how likely am i to be buying more seeds and trying again?
Not very. I do it that way and can't recall many not germinating. It's important to have the soil well prepared and moistened before planting.

Plants started this way seem to grow slowly at first. That, I think, is the main complaint. If you're not in a hurry, it won't matter.

Putthataway

Putthataway

I don’t think so. I am in Arizona and misting the solo cups as instructed on this site killed them. I don’t think we have the humidity needed for that technique here. Also your hvac is removing humidity from your environment.

AZreefer

AZreefer

I don’t think so. I am in Arizona and misting the solo cups as instructed on this site killed them. I don’t think we have the humidity needed for that technique here. Also your hvac is removing humidity from your environment.
Ty neighbor! Tips on frequency of waterings when youre in this stage?

AZreefer

AZreefer

I don’t see how it’s any cheaper Than starting them in solos And transplanting!
Also i sort of fucked up some stuff and went over budget. Between ordering things and getting the stuff i went broke. Got the soil in so i mixed it and poped the seeds. No solo cup to be had and buying them atm isnt really an option. This was a haphazard sort of show getting this going.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You ain’t bullshitting, you’re broke! Good luck, man!😂 Just watch your watering! This is where your minds eye Comes in handy! My ass would’ve been out, rooting around in a dumpster. Looking for some! L O L! Mine are years old! They don’t wear out!

Bilber

Bilber

Hey AZ......I also will always start any and all seeds in solos......autos definitely included....little bitches.........

But I try and use any contain I have laying around......maybe a comparable planter somewhere.....only temporary.......

Or you can keep it where it is, and others will chime in, but I'd use a solo cup filled, making a circle around the plant every couple days.....I'd use nutes, but I'm peat/ perlite.....

SpectacularG

SpectacularG

Put the organiplugs in the soil and germinate from the plug. When the roots will be ready for the soil they'll find it and the plant will be grown enough in those 7 days that it won't get burnt

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you should have moist the whole soil at the time of transplant that would help maintaining an even moisture level around the seedling per capilarity for a longer period without the need to water again ...

i start my seeds in 6L pots after 2-4 days germination in cotton pad or paper towel, at the time of transplant i usually water with 1L then let the top layer of the soil dry in about 6-8 days then i m watering with 0.5L remoisting gently the whole soil surface then concentrating what remain around the trunk.

H

HeadHunterpipes

If im germinating in the final pot because im pretty broke now and this is my best option how likely am i to be buying more seeds and trying again? Im in a 5x5 tent with a shitload of fans and a 750w led that is on 25% probably 40" up. I let the seeds pop a tiny taproot in a cup of water then dropped them into a 1/2" finger hole. I have a fine mist spraier i used to Put a few pumps into the hole before i dropped the babies in. Few more pumps of mist after i pushed a tiny bit of soil over it.

All grand daddy purple but my media is different. I got 3 giant ass 15 gallons each with 3lbs natures living mixed with coco loco and topped with coco loco. 3 of 5 gallon pots have californa hot soil topped with the coco loco and 2 of the 5 gallon pots are just coco loco. Ummm.... i also have a tiny pot with a bit of coco loco. ive a good idea of what im doing but thats about it.

Im pretty sure 2 of these plants are not going to reside in the tent during flower. I think im past max capacity.

A few pumps from a mister going to be sufficent for how long we thinking? I didnt like soak it and cause a build up of water.

No offense but your grow medium looks like it's ALL bagged soil-less potting soil ( compost ) soaks up water like a sponge to the point its very easy to what is called over watering because there is very little drainage.

Mix 20% hydrogen Peroxide to water, put your seeds in .then pour the water peroxide in.
Then lift out the little puck thingies after gemination and rooting and trans plant to a pot preferably one that has potting
soil-less soil, ( pretty much all store bought potting soil in bag has zero actual earth/dirt in it.
The dirt rocks and sand helps give bagged potting soil decent drainage.

There is really no such a thing as over watering... the issue its stagnant water that lacks oxygen.

Top soil is 5% nutrients and 50% silica Cannabis plants love silica.. makes your plant strong and resistant to fungi and insects

20190424 083947
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
AZreefer

AZreefer

No offense but your grow medium looks like it's ALL bagged soil-less potting soil ( compost ) soaks up water like a sponge to the point its very easy to what is called over watering because there is very little drainage.

Mix 20% hydrogen Peroxide to water, put your seeds in .then pour the water peroxide in.
Then lift out the little puck thingies after gemination and rooting and trans plant to a pot preferably one that has potting
soil-less soil, ( pretty much all store bought potting soil in bag has zero actual earth/dirt in it.
The dirt rocks and sand helps give bagged potting soil decent drainage.

There is really no such a thing as over watering... the issue its stagnant water that lacks oxygen.

Top soil is 5% nutrients and 50% silica Cannabis plants love silica.. makes your plant strong and resistant to fungi and insects
Coco loco potting soil and super soil on the bottom. 2 of them re straight potting soil

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
AZreefer

AZreefer

You ain’t bullshitting, you’re broke! Good luck, man!😂 Just watch your watering! This is where your minds eye Comes in handy! My ass would’ve been out, rooting around in a dumpster. Looking for some! L O L! Mine are years old! They don’t wear out!
If i dont have anything peeking by friday i will have the financial capabilities of aquiring the cups of solo. These and a round of seeds.

AZreefer

AZreefer

Not a fan of straight potting soil , not enough drainage . I would mix in sand top soil pea gravel, perlite
The coc loco came mixed with perlite and coconut and other stuff. Think it should work? Tbh this is going to be my only soil grow. I sort of crammed in reading on the the easiest way to have a solid grow. Read that the coco loco works well in an organic grow. I didnt make my own soil pro method because this will hopefully be my only soil grow. I might fuck it all up.

Im building a rdwc while this grow plays out. Next round i will germinate then transplant in rooters and will have less uncertainty.

G

GSCdoink

I'm in AZ as well and just started my first grow. If I were you, saying you don't see anything by the end of the week; I'd go ahead and cop some solos and some good quality soil. Just my 2 pennies fam!

Top Bottom