Unfortunately, it might be harvest time. Please advise...

• Thread starter MyCologist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MyCologist

I had 3 plants in a a 2x3 tent that was WAY over crowded so at about 8 weeks of age I moved two of them outdoors to a friends place and gave the full tent to the nicest looking plant. Well, the two that I moved outdoors are now about 12.5 weeks old, they still LOOK like they've got more time to go to me, they're really green, a little "fluffy" and have almost no pistils at all...But the calyx's are very swollen, to the point that I thought they might be making seeds, and I just clipped a bud, took it home, trimmed it tightly and scoped it and it's already showing a lot of amber on the buds and almost all amber on the sugar leaves.

Unfortunately these two plants also got hammered with like a several inches of torrential rain over a 3-4 day period about a week ago and it looks like a lot of the trichome heads got knocked off. I don't know what choice I have at this point but to go ahead and harvest them. I assume they're not going to re-grow fresh trichs at this point. Please take a look at these pics and any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 2
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 3
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 4
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 5
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 6
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 7
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 8
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 9
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 10
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 11
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 12
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 13
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 14
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 15
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 16
Unfortunately it might be harvest time please advise 17
M

MyCologist

I'm really surprised to see all the amber. Looking at these plants I thought they had weeks to go still. The difference in appearance between the two I put outside and the one I kept inside is shocking, I can't believe they're the same strain. Here's a couple pics of the indoor plant...

IMG 9240
IMG 9237
IMG 9249
IMG 9262
Eledin

Eledin

They look really mature, trichome heads from amber trichomes pop many times, it might have been just that. You might not realize because the body many times is still cloudy and the amber might partially or completely dissapear sometimes when they pop. I can see a few ambers that poped on their own, I dont see major damage to the trichomes you should be fine, buds are looking fire! More amber than I usually go for but happens if you didnt expect them to mature that quick, and many people like it better with that ratio of amber.
Also beatiful colas in the indoors plant, what strain is it? I like the structure it has.

M

MyCologist

They look really mature, trichome heads from amber trichomes pop many times, it might have been just that. You might not realize because the body many times is still cloudy and the amber might partially or completely dissapear sometimes when they pop. I can see a few ambers that poped on their own, I dont see major damage to the trichomes you should be fine, buds are looking fire! More amber than I usually go for but happens if you didnt expect them to mature that quick, and many people like it better with that ratio of amber.
Also beatiful colas in the indoors plant, what strain is it? I like the structure it has.
All three seeds were from Sensi Seeds, Jack Herer Auto flower. Thanks for the positive words, I was worried that the outdoor plants were a bust but I quick dried a nug and gave it a test and the buzz is nice. Agreed on the structure of the indoor plant, it's just solid, hard buds from top to bottom. That structure is why I chose to keep it inside and move the other two out.

You think those outdoor plants should be harvested now? I was so focused on the look of the indoor plant that the two outdoor plants looked like they weren't even close, but the trichome check showed lots of amber. Meanwhile the much more mature looking indoor buds are just starting to show a small hint of amber.

JaBy

JaBy

I'm really surprised to see all the amber. Looking at these plants I thought they had weeks to go still. The difference in appearance between the two I put outside and the one I kept inside is shocking, I can't believe they're the same strain. Here's a couple pics of the indoor plant...
them's some georgous buds. makes my brain water.

Eledin

Eledin

Most of the amber is on the leaves and for some reason I found out that suggar leaves get way more amber outdoors than they do indoors. You gotta check the calyxes in the buds (the bulbs where the pistils come from), the leaves will always have more amber than the bud. If you could get some pictures of the calyxes from the outdoor plants I could tell you for sure but based on how full of amber the suggar leaves are already Im expecting them to be ready.

M

MyCologist

Most of the amber is on the leaves and for some reason I found out that suggar leaves get way more amber outdoors than they do indoors. You gotta check the calyxes in the buds (the bulbs where the pistils come from), the leaves will always have more amber than the bud. If you could get some pictures of the calyxes from the outdoor plants I could tell you for sure but based on how full of amber the suggar leaves are already Im expecting them to be ready.
Those trichome pics are pretty much all from the calyxy's, you can see the pistils poking out of some of them. I trimmed the buds tightly before taking the pics to make sure I wasn't just looking at sugar leaf. I did look at sugar leaf as well and it's almost 100% amber. I took 20-30 pics of the buds and they pretty much all have the same amount of amber, even deep inside the buds.

Eledin

Eledin

Then yes, I would 100% harvest, there's plenty of amber already and I dont see more than a few clear ones, most are cloudy or amber. Outdoors the flowering period is more unpredictable than indoors since you cant control the climate. The heavy rain might have stressed them in a way that they matured faster to make sure they survive until they can be pollinated, or it can be other of many factors. Whatever the case is, they look really good still!

Last edited:
Top Bottom