Week 5 photo leaves turning dark purplish

B

bongboy8200

Can you guys give a look. I just did a res change and adjusted nutes. I’m running
-GH trio with amor si, calmag, floralicous, floral nector, koolbloom.
-AN big bud and bud candy.
-Southern AG bennies

I do 30% what the grow chart recommends. For the

leaves are getting dark in the middle that purple. Looking at the trics I’m thinking at least 3 weeks.

Strain? Too much phosphorus? I can’t find the chart I had that shows nute issues.

yes I know I threw the whole kitchen sink at it. I’ve run just Botinacare before with great results. Wanted to see if there’s any difference

Thanks everyone

Week 5 photo leaves turning dark purplish
Week 5 photo leaves turning dark purplish 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Can you guys give a look. I just did a res change and adjusted nutes. I’m running
-Southern AG bennies

leaves are getting dark in the middle that purple. Looking at the trics I’m thinking at least 3 weeks.

Strain? Too much phosphorus? I can’t find the chart I had that shows nute issues.

yes I know I threw the whole kitchen sink at it. I’ve run just Botinacare before with great results. Wanted to see if there’s any difference

Thanks everyone
this looks to be genetics or maybe a temp drop?
just thinking out load here

J

Jonny_420

-Southern AG bennies

Thanks everyone
May not be correct but I’ve had my plants go exactly that colour with to much nitrogen? I just reduced any nute with nitrogen and gave a few days focusing more on root and bud focused nutes

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
May not be correct but I’ve had my plants go exactly that colour with to much nitrogen? I just reduced any nute with nitrogen and gave a few days focusing more on root and bud focused nutes
yes too much nitrogen can do that

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

-Southern AG bennies

Thanks everyone
I suspect a copper deficiency (see pic below)

Is this mainly affecting the tops of the plants closest to the light more than lower leaves?

Screenshot 20240702 001901
Last edited:
B

bongboy8200

Thanks everyone instead of replying to each.

Awesome advice that it’s normal for End game. But these can also be signs of too much nitrogen. I thought it was phosphorus. And could be copper Bc it’s at the top of the plants.

I never added i have 3 autos in another tote on the same feed schedule for now and none of them are showing them. I did just look at the app and my EC is shooting up and pH is dropping in there. It’s lights out now for 12 hours though I’ll wait it out

Keep everyone posted. Snapped these just now when the lights went off

231DB637 204D 4E9E 98C0 F092434BC419
8F39BB32 0CC2 492E AE47 3F5A9563EA4A
C3F333E6 0C8F 4FAE AB0B 49F6BC720B39
Sunin

Sunin

oh brother. Cu deficiency definitely in my opinion.
I say that as I have early stage and was reading about it two days lol watching so many pictures 😂 hoping I won't get there
Now, maybe you have blocked it out exactly like me with too much Nitro and it can be only two plants, one, five.
I have few, treating them the same, and only half showed symptoms. It's individual
greetings 🤟 hope you will curb it

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

This might help.
Screenshot 20240624 190431

Copper can look a little like nitrogen and/or magnesium toxicity or phosporous deficiency depending on severity. Phosphorus leans more toward purple and copper more toward blue coloration it seems.

What kind of water fo you use?

R

RhastaBlasta

Looks like a phenotype to me, like one of the strains had a purple genes in it's parents, or parents of their parents. I mean, those strains are definitely not a pure landraces so it could happen. Also, a low temperature can cause that

B

bongboy8200

This might help. View attachment 2209051

Copper can look a little like nitrogen and/or magnesium toxicity or phosporous deficiency depending on severity. Phosphorus leans more toward purple and copper more toward blue coloration it seems.

What kind of water fo you use?
Thanks bro. I use regular tap water. Never an issue. Runs around 7.2 200ppm. What about Mg? The bud candy, and floral nectar both have Mg added plus the calmag for the Ca. I’m wondering what I should scale back?

B

bongboy8200

oh brother. Cu deficiency definitely in my opinion.
I say that as I have early stage and was reading about it two days lol watching so many pictures 😂 hoping I won't get there
Now, maybe you have blocked it out exactly like me with too much Nitro and it can be only two plants, one, five.
I have few, treating them the same, and only half showed symptoms. It's individual
greetings 🤟 hope you will curb it
Thanks brother. I’ve been doing the same and posting under other peoples. Might have found yours haha. What did you end up doing? She’s so close to finishing? Thinking about bleaching a piece of copper and tossing it in there. Always had copper poles in the outside gardens

Sunin

Sunin

Thanks brother. I’ve been doing the same and posting under other peoples. Might have found yours haha. What did you end up doing? She’s so close to finishing? Thinking about bleaching a piece of copper and tossing it in there. Always had copper poles in the outside gardens

Sister here. I'm in veg. So I'm safe. I'm just waiting> Will be raising PH to 6.5 ish also next time as it will help
You might find some copper pieces, soak it in PH water and give them when it comes to basic solutions
Or better look at all your nutes and take out high nitro and properly feed with high phospho and copper
at this point to save my crop as she's loading heavy now I would go and swap for something else if nutes will not add up to low nitro/high phospho and some copper in your set 🤟

Latest posts

Top Bottom