Week 5 photo leaves turning dark purplish

B

bongboy8200

answered wrong thread
but still his ph is low so highly doubt it’s copper def,.
i’ll come take a look in a little bit
Thanks for looking into it. I’m going to log in from my laptop that has the exact feeds. Doses. I’m still using grow from the trio. Another site. Dude was like just micro and bloom nothing else

Sunin

Sunin

Thanks for looking into it. I’m going to log in from my laptop that has the exact feeds. Doses. I’m still using grow from the trio. Another site. Dude was like just micro and bloom nothing else

that's why you overdosed on nitro 😉
in bloom that nitro goes down significantly
do- just to be sure what you loaded in before Nick will come and help.
Copper Smoper 😂 Isn't growing amazing? :D

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Thanks bro. I use regular tap water. Never an issue. Runs around 7.2 200ppm. What about Mg? The bud candy, and floral nectar both have Mg added plus the calmag for the Ca. I’m wondering what I should scale back?
Calcium. I cut it in half when I flip regulars and when I've grown autos I did the same when they started to flower while only using half strength for the grow.

This is normal
20221219 170046

For this Granddaddy Purple pheno🥰

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

@bongboy8200

Thanks for that. The reason I asked is that I've recently switched back to tap water. I always used it too and never a problem. I had read about how RO filters and carbon/KDF filters remove minerals and can lead to micronutrient deficiencies. I went out and bought an inline filter for my garden hose. Took be about a week to confirm that and also started seeing calcium issues. Since I switched back to tap they are looking better. Plants NEED a little chlorine at about 2-4 ppm which is exactly the parameters within which water treatment facilities are required to maintain. Letting water sit or even worse boiling it removes a lot of vital dissolved oxygen. If chlorine killed your soil microbes and harmed plant roots then every lawn, garden, golf course, etc would be barren. Are they? Of course not! Microbes produce far more caustic substances (phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, carbonic acid etc) as part of their metabolism. Certain types of soil bacteria can consume CO2 that is generated in the soil by stealing the carbon atom thus creating a little free oxygen which can bind with chlorine. That oxidation creates chloride, , i.e, a chlorine-oxide molecule, if you will. That's the form plants can use. Like all nutrients in soil they take what they need when they need it. If the level in your soil or nutes isn't at a toxic level then it's all good. 👍

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

What are your temps at dark time?? Lower dark times temps will induce purple leaves every time
I get purple leaves on almost every plant b/c I let it get cooler at night.
It could be happening for another reason altogether but temps could be the cause. .

R

RGWD0202

The ph being 6 could be too low for P and Mag uptake if growing in soil, causing a deficiency of both. Both of these deficiencies can cause purpling leaves, stems and petioles. If it’s hydro it’s fine, coco I don’t know enough about to diagnose.

B

bongboy8200

What are your temps at dark time?? Lower dark times temps will induce purple leaves every time
I get purple leaves on almost every plant b/c I let it get cooler at night.
It could be happening for another reason altogether but temps could be the cause. .
Currently 72 outside the closet. Inside the closet 74 68% rh and .92 kPa best I can do for the rH right now. The dehumidifier is sitting right outside the intake. Moving to RDWC with the main res out. I do think the inside temp drop to 68 and closet was low 70s that night. Someone else commented it’s end games pheno. Do you drop the temp on purpose at a certain point to induce them purpling? My side car auto has awesome orange colors purple would look sick lol

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

Here is a pretty specific breakdown of nutrient needs at various stages of growth.
Screenshot 20240630 161337

Screenshot 20240630 161426

I've run into long term issues by cutting back N too soon. On the other hand, excessive nitrogen going into transition can delay flowering and maturation. Excess potassium can lock up N, Ca,, Mg. Check this out.
Screenshot 20240624 190431

Hopefully these are helpful.

B

bongboy8200

Here is a pretty specific breakdown of nutrient needs at various stages of growth.
View attachment 2209479
View attachment 2209478

I've run into long term issues by cutting back N too soon. On the other hand, excessive nitrogen going into transition can delay flowering and maturation. Excess potassium can lock up N, Ca,, Mg. Check this out.
View attachment 2209482

Hopefully these are helpful.
Super helpful with the whole science experiment of nutrients. Like big bud is adding extra K. I’m cutting it other places and playing around. I have a feeling. There’s going to be absolutely no difference.

Dude was saying just use micro and bloom for floor no need for grow at all. I’m just too close too these finishing to play around lol

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

@bongboy8200

That breakdown is lMO more informative than practical. But it illustrates how the plant's needs can change from one stage to another. There was a time when something like tomato or maybe rose fertilizer was your best or only option. Dudes would actually ask for advice about growing "tomatoes". At certain cool nurseries "tomatoes" was code for weed. I have a buddy who still uses organic tomato fertilizer. I don't know how it was where other people lived. Anyway, I used Roots Organics Terp Tea Grow premixed in my soil with some other amendments last year along with their finisher as a top dress. Their dry ferts break down easily and quickly because they are micronized. I'm using Roots Uprising Bloom premixed this year. Be sure you mix it well before using it because the heavier ingrients settle to the bottom if you didn't already notice.

Top Bottom