What kinda of training should I do for autoflower?

• Thread starter Grow4fun420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

Hello guys! Week 2 is approching and both my plants have 4 nodes by now… Im waiting for the 5th-7th node to either top, fimm, or lst.

out of your experience with growing autoflower.

strains are: Northern Lights auto (northern lights x ruderalis) and purple punch autoflower (purple punch x old school skunk) both seeds are from cultivar, Royal Queen Seeds.

I have an environment problem and I will be ordering soon an humifier. I will be placing a floor fan to disperse heat towards the top of tent so it can be extraxted by the inline fan and carbon filter.

currently feeding just about .39 ml of silica diluted into 1gallon of water. PPM of 333/ EC of .666 with a pH of 6.5

I just watered them yesterday after days of not watering since soil was dry to the touch.

any helpful advice will be considered and appreciated. Thank you and happy growint to ya’ll

F

Filthy_McNasty

My first grow, small plant is actually auto Northern Lights .... bigger one auto Afghan Bullrider is in week 8, you can see how even the top is ....
As far as LST, I was experimenting with simple electrical wire, I was surprised how tough these creatures are, you can bend stems at 90 degree angle, just be careful though ....
I am very pleased with the result.

IMG 20240407 074835
IMG 20240414 070452
IMG 20240411 062328
IMG 20240410 073923
Last edited:
S

snowmaners

I decided to top my autos this year even though everyone telling me not to, but the last two plants I left alone didn't yield shit. Im a predominantly outdoor photo grower but I do autos for fun or real early spring to get the blood pumping for summer crop any way I topped mine 4 times almost like mainlining and she turned out way better than I expected.....the only problem was she went in to flower like 20 days after germination im blaming that on genetics dude at dc seed exchange had a few people complain about early flowering. It was way too early so she couldn't reach her full potential before going in to flower but she has 4 colas that the buds are as big as my arm and two that are damn close....and those are the lower branches most people cut off. I only cut those lower branches off if they're not getting enough Sun but if they stay close to even with the canopy or reach out and get woody I try to let them ride. Everybody has their own technique..... it's what best fits you....your schedule/budget/interest ...ect for you what works for me may not work for you or what works for John may not work for you that's the fun of growing cannabis...sorry im rambling but I will top and fim my autos from now on, another cool method is top it an then I bend it like an inch out of the soil tie it to the pot the earlier the better because the plant will get woody quick and the plant will get stiff so you will get those lowers to start to roll around to the top and then I start bending them the opposite direction of the main stalk and then the two above that perpendicular to all of them, this is a great method I would recommend it to the less experience because it works great and it's not hard. Good luck Godspeed.....any questions about training I am a Jedi at training I top my plants a little sooner than most people so the plant Y's off very low to the soil and makes it harder to break or split. And I have never once had a plant get stressed or stunted from toping early...IV toped plans at the second node before and it turn out to be an 8' 3lb dry weight monster. Any questions hit me I have some cool techniques if your interested

IMG 20240612 2326021952
IMG 20240612 231852532
IMG 20240609 115351500
Top Bottom