What's going on with this plant? (pics)

E

ENKI

I don't have much experience, but this plant is confusing me a lot, behaving differently compared to my first grow and the other plant I'm growing now.

I see new yellowing/dying leaves every day, but we should still be a few weeks from harvest and it seems like the buds need the time to get a big bigger and more mature. I don't want her to die on me before it's time. What could be going on here? Suggestions on how to proceed? My current best guesses are:

1. I stopped feeding too early because of the nutrient burn I saw on the tips (now I started feeding again at 30% concentration)
2. I was giving too little water because I'm used to smaller plants
3. It's the mites' fault: I have spotted some mites and I keep removing them when I see them, regularly inspecting the plant. This doesn't seem very probable to me, though, as the mites have been on the plant the majority of her life and I've never seen yellowing or dying leaves because of that (just some slightly damaged leaves)

please help 😭

Whats going on with this plant pics
Whats going on with this plant pics 2
Whats going on with this plant pics 3
Whats going on with this plant pics 4
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I don't have much experience, but this plant is confusing me a lot, behaving differently compared to my first grow and the other plant I'm growing now.

I see new yellowing/dying leaves every day, but we should still be a few weeks from harvest and it seems like the buds need the time to get a big bigger and more mature. I don't want her to die on me before it's time. What could be going on here? Suggestions on how to proceed? My current best guesses are:

1. I stopped feeding too early because of the nutrient burn I saw on the tips (now I started feeding again at 30% concentration)
2. I was giving too little water because I'm used to smaller plants
3. It's the mites' fault: I have spotted some mites and I keep removing them when I see them, regularly inspecting the plant. This doesn't seem very probable to me, though, as the mites have been on the plant the majority of her life and I've never seen yellowing or dying leaves because of that (just some slightly damaged leaves)

please help 😭
How do you spot & remove mites?

Also if one plant has mites every plant would have mites

E

ENKI

How do you spot & remove mites?

Also if one plant has mites every plant would have mites
By looking up close enough I can actually spot them with my naked eye. Also, if you see a newly damaged leaf you don't even necessarily need to see them: I just put on a glove and gently press and swipe on the leaf, and I see the squashed bodies of those little shits as dark stains on the white glove 😈

Indeed, I only have two plants but they both had/have mites. The other one just doesn't give a shit and is thriving, which is another reason why I believe what I'm looking at here is not due to mites.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

By looking up close enough I can actually spot them with my naked eye. Also, if you see a newly damaged leaf you don't even necessarily need to see them: I just put on a glove and gently press and swipe on the leaf, and I see the squashed bodies of those little shits as dark stains on the white glove 😈

Indeed, I only have two plants but they both had/have mites. The other one just doesn't give a shit and is thriving, which is another reason why I believe what I'm looking at here is not due to mites.
Oh mites will certainly do that to your plant, I'm just surprised you spot them, there very very small. I've dealt with them myself friend that's why I asked

Sunin

Sunin

I was asking about strain as some of them yellow early ✌️
at this point you don't have much choices- I would feed her a bit till finish but looks here are confusing as she have both- signs of over and under fed plant
and I would check PH of run off- maybe something is off there

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Mites can cause just about every symptom that you could imagine.

I have to add that you're the only person I've ever seen in a decade on many different cannabis boards that thinks they can pick mites off a plant! Best wishes, and don't forget to budwash when you harvest!

Sunin

Sunin

I have to add that you're the only person I've ever seen in a decade on many different cannabis boards that thinks they can pick mites off a plant! Best wishes, and don't forget to budwash when you harvest!

I have seen a guy picking them up one by one with big loupe and ear bud sticks 🤣
it was fascinating to watch 👀
but then again he was also washing bananas....

E

ENKI

I was asking about strain as some of them yellow early ✌️
at this point you don't have much choices- I would feed her a bit till finish but looks here are confusing as she have both- signs of over and under fed plant
and I would check PH of run off- maybe something is off there
My guess is she is now a bit underfed after stopping too abruptly/eary after overfeeding. You live and you learn, each plant seems to behave differently.

E

ENKI

“thinks” sounds a bit condescending. I do pick them off the plant, and I fully realize I’m not getting 100% of them. Given I don’t feel confident spraying stuff on something I will inhale, I prefer doing it this way for now and maybe have a slightly worse harvest rather than a full on catastrophe because I messed up something in the process.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

“thinks” sounds a bit condescending. I do pick them off the plant, and I fully realize I’m not getting 100% of them. Given I don’t feel confident spraying stuff on something I will inhale, I prefer doing it this way for now and maybe have a slightly worse harvest rather than a full on catastrophe because I messed up something in the process.
You might be getting a percentage of them, probably damaging the plant more than anything else, but that's not my business... ☕🐸

Latest posts

Top Bottom