When do i move light

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

My plant is 19 days old and 6" Tall. When will I increase light strength or start moving it down?
Anytime you want....

Do it slowly.......an inch a day for lowering.....or a click a day for intensity

When they start not liking it, bump it back up a little bit.....

They will tell you when enough is enough.....

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Download a ppfd app on your phone, follow directions to calibrate.

Then follow directions for the light manufacturer for amount of ppfd for stage of growth. You can start with less to be on the safe side.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Also more info would help, we don't know the type or strength of the light you have, environmental conditions, or even how the plant looks. Pics help alot too.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

With LEDs, I hang them at the top of the tent and keep them there. I ramp up the intensity as the plant asks for more light (when it's praying an hour before lights-out.)

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Download a ppfd app on your phone, follow directions to calibrate.

Then follow directions for the light manufacturer for amount of ppfd for stage of growth. You can start with less to be on the safe side.
I have a z fold 5 that has 2 selfie cameras... the results were waaaaaaay off between the cams.... i don't recommend those apps....

Better to learn by sight

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have a z fold 5 that has 2 selfie cameras... the results were waaaaaaay off between the cams.... i don't recommend those apps....

Better to learn by sight
Did you calibrate them?

I've never used a light app either, but someone with no experience growing will most likely have no idea how to read a plant.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Did you calibrate them?

I've never used a light app either, but someone with no experience growing will most likely have no idea how to read a plant.
Ya I get that they won't understand as a new grower.... it was "calibrated" and still very garbage....

As much as no one likes to fuck up.... it's a learning curve we all grow thru.... but the more we mess up the more we learn...

Early 2000s we didn't have apps at all to help.... so I say screw up...mess up... take notes... to learn what not to do🤣... kidding sorta...

But he has good ppl on here to help him learn and take note!!!!

Bilber

Bilber

I am always trying to improve on any aspect of my hobby......

I would love to have some of this gear that helps us improve our styles/habits/atmosphere/attributes you name it....

Yes.....I would use it to hopefully perfect my grows to a hopeful perfection....

But.....

I don't........

Reading your plants you should........

Star Wars the originals were better......

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I am always trying to improve on any aspect of my hobby......

I would love to have some of this gear that helps us improve our styles/habits/atmosphere/attributes you name it....

Yes.....I would use it to hopefully perfect my grows to a hopeful perfection....

But.....

I don't........

Reading your plants you should........

Star Wars the originals were better......
I think it's harder to maintain the perfect atmosphere... I said it before...

I like to get the best I can in non ideal conditions there fore when I have the equipment to keep a 100% stable environment... im ready to kill it... i feel the hardest aspect of growing in maintaining environmental control over actually growing the plant itself🤣

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
if the leaves are praying at night it needs more light otherwise don't touch it. That's my 2 cents

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'm not truly inexperienced as I have grown outside successfully for 4 years. I'm just new to indoors and to auto flower. I want to make sure I am getting as much growth as possible.
Looks fine, get indoor enviornment dialed in like jkash said and that is the most helpful thing you can do

Dadman86

Dadman86

if the leaves are praying at night it needs more light otherwise don't touch it. That's my 2 cents
What does praying look like. I don't know what that looks like I don't think. I just try to keep them even if they lay down I move light away some.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I don’t move mine. I keep it as high as possible and increase the Intensity gradually through the cycle
i tried that and still ended up with short plants i named this grow wasted space
IMG 20240110 163939057

Bilber

Bilber

Sorry buds....

I don't see a waste...

Granted, I try and see things at all angles...

Top Bottom