When to Add Nuts to Ocean Forest Soil?

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

Looking for anyone with experience with Ocean Forest Soil... WIth the soil having nutes in it already, when would be the best time to start using FF Trio? I don't want to burn the plant.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

it depend on how vigorous is your growth the first few weeks. with an enriched soil like ocean forest you can start feeding between weeks 4 and 6 i'd say, assuming you growth rate is vigorous enough on start up.

R

RhastaBlasta

Not experienced with that soil but I guess you know the content, right? Like, percentages and amount of nutrients and etc? Out of that we could estimate

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I've run OF many times. I feed (or transplant) when my runoff PPMs fall below 1,000 (2.0 EC). It's usually about 4 weeks, but as @HerbalEdu said, it depends on plant size, pot size, and vigor.

O

Omaha101

I've run OF many times. I feed (or transplant) when my runoff PPMs fall below 1,000 (2.0 EC). It's usually about 4 weeks, but as @HerbalEdu said, it depends on plant size, pot size, and vigor.
Silly question.... How do you collect your runoff to test it?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Looking for anyone with experience with Ocean Forest Soil... WIth the soil having nutes in it already, when would be the best time to start using FF Trio? I don't want to burn the plant.
I have experience with FFOF, but I usually add it to my soil mixture that has various other ingredients.

The Footstep of the Farmer is the Best Fertilizer.
Source: An old Japanese proverb.

When growers mention learning to read the plant, they might be thinking about a situation such as this. It's because there is no precise answer that works in every situation. It takes time and complete crops to understand these plants. The basic idea, though, is simple. Figure out what they need and then give it to them. When that time comes, I have a somewhat standard mix of nutrients. It varies based on the life stage and health of the plant. A vigorously growing plant can take more than a plant that is struggling.

Stokes

Stokes

it depend on how vigorous is your growth the first few weeks. with an enriched soil like ocean forest you can start feeding between weeks 4 and 6 i'd say, assuming you growth rate is vigorous enough on start up.

I agree with this.
First nutrient you’ll need to add is probably magnesium, then potassium or calcium (depending on your water hardness).

People get into trouble with FFOF when they try to do too much with it. Just add water and let it do its thing.

I will say that FFOF quality has gone down here locally. It was never a 100% perfect soil, but at one time it was consistent. Starting to get real mulchy. I would recommend giving it a good tumble and picking out any large chunks/large debris/plastic/ hypodermic needles you dont need

Top Bottom