I'm new to growing auto flowers

• Thread starter jester83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don't trust Jorge Cervantes or any of those cali weed guys at all. Studies are pointless for the most part with weed because the genetics of cannabis vary so wildly. 2 different phenos of the same strain can react wildly differently to nutes, light, water, weather etc... that's my 2 cents anyway. ✌️
Well what I was getting at was you do get a more veg growth going 24/7 that I don’t need backing up on as I’ve noticed it on all strains throughout the years

I am not saying you get more bud or wild claims I am simply stating what I have noticed

Last edited:
PianoStan

PianoStan

What are you, like week 3/4 flower?
Shes gonna bulk like hell! What a 1st grow! Very well done.

If youre above 40 and under 70 rh id say youre good. If i had to nit pick id say clean up the base of the plant and remove lower bud sites. But as good as shes looking id be scared to mess with anything, you’ll have full jars either way
LMAO, one of the things I've struggled with is figuring out what week I'm actually in. It's an autoflower so the seed company (RQS) says it takes 10 weeks. One of the forum members says that when starting to germinate, that should be counted as week zero, and I didn't. When I contacted Advanced nutrients to figure out how to convert their recipe from photo-period to autoflower, they told me to start counting it as the bloom cycle when there were 2 sets of leaves after the cotyledons. (That would put it at week 5 bloom). And last week when I asked the forum if I was approaching the time to flush, I was told the plant might still need 1-2 more months!

So I'm just watching it and waiting.

Early on, I couldn't get the tent above 25% RH, so I put a humidifier in the tent. But it had a bad sensor or something, so it wouldn't shut down when it hit 45%RH. I came out one morning to discover that the tent was 95% RH, and the carbon filter had fused shutting off all air flow in the tent. The humidifier and the filter went in the trash. But the plant itself now keeps the tent between 35-45% RH.

Yeah, it definitely needs a trimming. But I keep reading that newbs tend to go overboard and can hurt the plant. So I am very leery about removing too much. I'd love some advice on how much to trim it up, since I've read that it can help focus the plant's energy into developing the buds better. But I don't want to hijack this dude's thread.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Well what I was getting at was you do get a more veg growth going 24/7 that I don’t need backing up on as I’ve noticed it on all strains throughout the years

I am not saying you get more bud or wild claims I am simply stating what I have noticed
That's fair, your anecdotal experience in your own environment is the most valuable info for you to utilize. Didn't mean to sound argumentative ✌️

Top Bottom