About to get into growing, could use some advice

• Thread starter Tofta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

If it’s a week out I’d pop em. My seedlings are almost never in a tent, just on a shelf with a veg light over them, keep the tops of the doors on the tent open, turn off all lights except one and use it once a few seeds break soil, keep it about 30” above the seedlings, a lot of people worry about VPD etc et, at this point I don’t if they die now they weren’t ment to be, but with the doors open a bit the RH will stay high enough and the tent will stay warm enough, you won’t need lights on them at all for at least 3-4 days anyways since you still have to germinate and sow them

Get those beans popped!

Seedling / clone shelf below, just garbage bags as walls, no fans at all in there, temp stays at 78-80f and RH around 56, even clones are doing fine in there, door fits loosely so air can exchange enough passively

Sick little setup for sure! You should be able to pull some nice harvests out of there, looks like a shorty tent though, I’d start researching LST and ScroG so you can control height in there
Gotta love this the garbage bag clone/seedling room neat af to mate👍

T

Tofta

The village over has a Co-Op that had coast of maine growers blend. Unfortunately it was frozen but I did get them @ $20 a bag. Has thawed out nicely except for a few chunks that I've left at the top. Should be at the right temp before it's time to transplant.

Received 387901623751381
T

Tofta

48 hours in and I had a sprouted seed make its way to the top of the seed tray (through the seedling medium) went ahead and dug out the center of the nutrient rich soil and put some seedling soil in and transplanted it. Temp is around 84 degrees and humidity is around 70% and lights are in the 198 range on the lighting app at the seedling height

T

Tofta

Up to 6 northern lights and 1 white widow sprouted! Unfortunately I think burying the seed to deep killed a few and caused one (second picture) to grow funky. Luckily I dug about an inch and a half down and hit the seed (which came right off exposing the leaves) not sure if this one is going to make it? Lights are about 5 feet up and have a ppfd range of 195-220 at seedling level. Is that correct for this stage?

20240109 012345
20240109 012735
ReallyOldDude

ReallyOldDude

the number of plants will depend on you growing method, 12 is easlily doable in a 4x8

in SOG for exemple you would grow much more in a 4x8.
I certainly agree ... SOG could be much more then 12 while with ScrOG method i would keep to 8 (or less). He's talking auto so is fine for space ... relitive no care plants.

i ScrOG with photo and dont like multiple strains due to different flower period making it harder to harvest AND with diferent plants statutes can be harder to train effectively. No training with auto so hes ok. But I also believe that eventually he'll do photoperiods.

T

Tofta

I certainly agree ... SOG could be much more then 12 while with ScrOG method i would keep to 8 (or less). He's talking auto so is fine for space ... relitive no care plants.

i ScrOG with photo and dont like multiple strains due to different flower period making it harder to harvest AND with diferent plants statutes can be harder to train effectively. No training with auto so hes ok. But I also believe that eventually he'll do photoperiods.
Definitely will try photoperiods at some point. Went with autos for 2 reasons 1) quick to harvest which means quick to cut down on medical costs, 2) first grow, autos allow me to neglect light cycles which allows me to focus on the soil and climate aspect of growing.

G

gegill70

Hi there. Your probably in ghe
Hey guys, my state just made it legal for me to grow and was looking for some advice. Primarily looking at this kit to start and plan on getting it this coming Friday https://myhigrow.com/product/myhigrow-4x8-grow-tent-complete-kit-with-roof-grow-tent-4x8-960-watt/

Is this adequate for 12 plants?

Plan on going with autos and have made good use of royal queen seeds holiday sale and have a good mixture of Northern lights, North thunderfuck, blue cheese, fat banana, white widow, watermelon, and triple g on the way.
Lastly has anyone used Coast of Maine soil? Looks like a pretty solid set up and should only need nutrients during the flowering process? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, my state just made it legal for me to grow and was looking for some advice. Primarily looking at this kit to start and plan on getting it this coming Friday https://myhigrow.com/product/myhigrow-4x8-grow-tent-complete-kit-with-roof-grow-tent-4x8-960-watt/

Is this adequate for 12 plants?

Plan on going with autos and have made good use of royal queen seeds holiday sale and have a good mixture of Northern lights, North thunderfuck, blue cheese, fat banana, white widow, watermelon, and triple g on the way.
Lastly has anyone used Coast of Maine soil? Looks like a pretty solid set up and should only need nutrients during the flowering process? Thanks in advance
Hi there. You're probably in my state Ohio 😁. I gotta head start (3 yrs ago..lol). Anyways, my only tip is account better than what I did initially for working space. In other words, 12 may fit and grow but in 3 months how easy will it be to work with 12 in that area compared to let's say 10. My only regret is putting my set up together bit by bit, I ended up spending more in 2 yrs than I would have getting it all at once. Oh and this forum is probably one of the better ones out there. I recently decided to switch some of my growing to hydroponics and probably killed 4-5 plants by "reading stuff online". Not only did I correct it but I am now going to expand it by following tips on here. At some point it will be all hydro.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
You could piece together your own kit for about same price

Pick up cheap grow tent on amazon 100 bucks
I would suggest Phlizon fd6000(I think this year's model) for about 400 bucks
Use photos not autos

6 inch Inline fan.... since legal to grow carbon filter not necessarily needed....

You got yourself a better kit

J

Joatmos68

My first grow, bannana daddy auto. Auto's grow as big as they want. Lst and scrog. 1 plant. 4x4 tent.dwc. These are old pics. It's bigger now.

20240103 164519
20240103 164525
T

Tofta

Hi there. Your probably in ghe

Hi there. You're probably in my state Ohio 😁. I gotta head start (3 yrs ago..lol). Anyways, my only tip is account better than what I did initially for working space. In other words, 12 may fit and grow but in 3 months how easy will it be to work with 12 in that area compared to let's say 10. My only regret is putting my set up together bit by bit, I ended up spending more in 2 yrs than I would have getting it all at once. Oh and this forum is probably one of the better ones out there. I recently decided to switch some of my growing to hydroponics and probably killed 4-5 plants by "reading stuff online". Not only did I correct it but I am now going to expand it by following tips on here. At some point it will be all hydro.
You would be correct! My hope is with autos, I shouldn't go past 3 months or have wild growth, I think this tent will do just fine with 4 lights in it freeing one up for a 2x4 tent if the growth is too wild. Hydro definitely intrigues me.

T

Tofta

Question about lighting: so in the seedling stage, I have my lights all the way up but have power at 60% so at the plant level the ppfd is about 220. Seems to be working, but will it cause any ill effects?

Received 904598317554457
Top Bottom