6 1000w Gavitas And 1 Sun System 630 Watt Ceramic Flower Room.

• Thread starter greenthumbmi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumbmi

Okay new to the forum. So i'm building my room right now and i'm looking for some input on a couple different things. First off the room is 150 sq ft roughly 11x13. i plan on running the six gavitas in 2 rows of 3 spaced evenly through the room and run the 630 watt ceramic in the middle to hit the whole room. Maybe even two 315's instead to reach everything. I have two 14000 btu portable ac units and a portable dehumidifier that is in the middle of the room. i have a 150 can with 10 in inline fan and 4 wall mount 16 in fans in all four corners. I've also read that using the ceramics is a change from 60 to 45 days of flower switching gavitas 1:2 for 315's. I may even consider running 12-14 315's in the room based on some feedback from you guys.

Interested in any ideas or help you guys have for me. thank you.

• what is your opinion on the ceramics.
  • do you think this is a good set up because i'm reading a lot of guys are switching gavitas for two 315's.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

The 6:30 placed in the middle of the room isn't going to do much for you. The best bet to incorporate LEC in your room would be to put two on light movers and have them traverse the room. Maybe all the way to the end and back cycle once a day. Not sure it's going to add a lot of yield but could increase the essential oil production.

Have you thought about how you're going to deal with the heat?

Maybe look at sunsystem AC/DE hoods. They can be ran without the glass and still air cool with their nifty design. Also getting the ballast remote will help with heat. Lastly the Gavitas take up alot of vertical space but you can stick the AC/DE hoods on the ceiling.

N

noone88

If you're building a new room, don't mess with mixed spectrum. Maybe when you have things dialed-in yada yada. Otherwise, those manufacturers are selling you wolf tickets. Take the money that was meant for the CMH and put it toward your AC. You need to dial in the room with gavitas anyways so the less variables, the better. Go with 10-12' ft ceilings.

Don't use portable AC units. They suck. Mini-splits are the way to go, especially for your setup. 3 ton mini-split, fujitsu or mitsu ideally, However, we have had success with the GREE units.

G

greenthumbmi

If you're building a new room, don't mess with mixed spectrum. Maybe when you have things dialed-in yada yada. Otherwise, those manufacturers are selling you wolf tickets. Take the money that was meant for the CMH and put it toward your AC. You need to dial in the room with gavitas anyways so the less variables, the better. Go with 10-12' ft ceilings.

Don't use portable AC units. They suck. Mini-splits are the way to go, especially for your setup. 3 ton mini-split, fujitsu or mitsu ideally, However, we have had success with the GREE units.

I've decided to go with the mini split. Ill need around 30k btus so. but i'm basing my room off of a 100 sqft room i have in partnership. its 4 1000 watt gavitas in the center around a 315 watt sun system. with a 7 plant set up hes yielding 12-14 pounds every 2 months of flower. also only has 8 foot ceilings. we net them about 4.5 feet up and grow them bout 2 foot from the lights and pump ac. No co2 and we grow in coco.

The room im building now is at a 1.5 scale to the existing so i'm thinking about making the room 11x15 and i can run my 1000s in two rows of 3 centered with 5 feet between from the center of the lights. considering the sun systems are only 315watts constant if i centered 2 of them in the middle of my gavitas just a little lower i think i could hit majority of the plants. read into the ceramics because i use them in veg and flower i only have one in each room but i rotate my plants threw veg under the ceramic from my t5s and its a crazy difference in growth. more dense and more thc potent.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

I switched from veg under t5 to veg under led and it's been super successful. I use the nextlight veg8's and it really makes it worth it if your using a primo setup for flower to get the most out of it with a solid veg setup. Good commercial farms are only as good as their weakest link.
I've decided to go with the mini split. Ill need around 30k btus so. but i'm basing my room off of a 100 sqft room i have in partnership. its 4 1000 watt gavitas in the center around a 315 watt sun system. with a 7 plant set up hes yielding 12-14 pounds every 2 months of flower. also only has 8 foot ceilings. we net them about 4.5 feet up and grow them bout 2 foot from the lights and pump ac. No co2 and we grow in coco.

The room im building now is at a 1.5 scale to the existing so i'm thinking about making the room 11x15 and i can run my 1000s in two rows of 3 centered with 5 feet between from the center of the lights. considering the sun systems are only 315watts constant if i centered 2 of them in the middle of my gavitas just a little lower i think i could hit majority of the plants. read into the ceramics because i use them in veg and flower i only have one in each room but i rotate my plants threw veg under the ceramic from my t5s and its a crazy difference in growth. more dense and more thc potent.

Top Bottom