Autoflowers - Overdue on flower, and do I trim?

• Thread starter thhc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thhc

Hey everyone,

I'm week 11 into my grow with Autoflower 2x Northern Lights, and 1x unknown variety. My light is 18/6. A few questions:

1) It says that Northern Lights takes around 10 weeks seeds to harvest - I'm past that already and its still growing not even close to harvest! I see pistils and the leaves have some "frosting" (sticky) but I'm worried I have photo flowers as I'm so far behind the scheduled harvest!
2) I know you aren't supposed to trim Auto's but I've trimmed 3x already because they are super bushy and I am concerned with fungus/bud rot - despite this they are still bushing up like crazy and appear much larger than the photos from people who's plants are are starting to flower
3) Based on the below images, should I prune or leave it, and how long until harvest? It looks like I have a long way to go!
Autoflowers   overdue on flower and do i trim 2
Autoflowers   overdue on flower and do i trim 4
Autoflowers   overdue on flower and do i trim 3
Autoflowers   overdue on flower and do i trim

orggrwr

orggrwr

My guess is that you actually have photoperiod plants. Seems I have been hearing of that happening a lot lately. They are showing pre flowers but I don't see actual buds. Try putting them on a 12/12 schedule and they should start to flower

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Getting photo seeds when the seller said they were autos happened to me once. I grew them as photos and ended up with a good crop. The ones I had were very bushy, too. So, I'd flip them to 12/12. I think defoliating them a few days before flipping might be best.

T

thhc

Thanks guys, I gave them a trim and flipped to 12/12. Wish me luck :)

Top Bottom