Autos Not Growing Indoors Soil Advanced Nutrients Mars hydro FCE3000

• Thread starter zavara2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Edinburg

there a substantial growth seen the past weekView attachment 1352307
Yes once they're root system is established autoflowers if run correctly do a stretch, the biggest problem I see with folk running autoflowers is they use a full spec light, autoflowers love that blue ir light not full spec bc it has red in the spectrum and that can cause them to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf them out greatly affecting your yield, autoflowers are different animals then photoperiod strains and thus are run differently.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yes once they're root system is established autoflowers if run correctly do a stretch, the biggest problem I see with folk running autoflowers is they use a full spec light, autoflowers love that blue ir light not full spec bc it has red in the spectrum and that can cause them to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf them out greatly affecting your yield, autoflowers are different animals then photoperiod strains and thus are run differently.
Autos can be grown just find under full spec. Ive never grown one under this "blue ir" you speak of. And ive never had one flower before 4 weeks of veg. Idk where you get this info from my guy.

E

elusiveshame

Autos can be grown just find under full spec. Ive never grown one under this "blue ir" you speak of. And ive never had one flower before 4 weeks of veg. Idk where you get this info from my guy.

Blue IR doesn’t even make sense. Beyond blue is UV. IR is the complete opposite of the spectrum. I’ve asked him twice what he means and he’s never responded.

I wouldn’t take his advice personally.

Eledin

Eledin

Edinburg, I think youre a bit outdated with that information. All plants need red not just infrared and when youre using just blue, red and infrared youre missing on the green spectrum which has been proven to be beneficial for the plants. Using only blue and red was common and thought to be good because LEDs didnt appear yet in the market.
And this might not be completely accurate but is a good enough aproximation, the second one (Migro) is full spectrum (it lacks UV and IR but you can get a full spectrum LED with those, is what I call a false full spectrum but you get the idea, you can get a REAL full spectrum) has plenty of light from all spectrums and is more similar to natural light from the sun. Budmaster is a LED with only blue and red, the typical purple lights LED grow, which even if added IR and UV it still lacks the green spectrum and if you notice those are cheaper than full spectrum, they are not as good plain and simple.
summary-spectrum-c-100-1024x576.jpg

Edit: This would be more or less (depends on the chip choices by the manufacturer) a real full spectrum LED, some might go with a bit more of red to balance with the blue. But as you can see is way more similar to sunlight.
6500k-ppf-d65-1024x341.png

Also the thing is, if you wanna increase green light you need to increase blue light because it comes from cool and warm whites LED chips, which give mostly blue and green, then for a full spectrum manufacturers add a few red chips and hopefully UV and IR chips aswell and you have a full spectrum. Blue leds simply lack green, and there are no commercial lights that use green LEDs to compensate for that, simply because white is way more efficient.

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

A lot of the green spectrum is reflected (which is why plants are green), which is why green lights are used during dark cycles, which prevents cannabis from revegging or hermie-ing it up.

Your link references something from 2014 (and I didn’t see a date on your article). Most recent I’ve found was late 2020: https://californialightworks.com/blog/how-important-is-green-lights-for-plant-growth/

Still they say that nobody is sure of the actual benefits of green light. Is it important? Maybe. Would I ignore green light for my lights? No because you can’t have full spectrum without it. Will is vastly change your grow? Maybe.

I wouldn’t put a lot of confidence on a 10 year old study without any other supporting studies since, though.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Blue IR doesn’t even make sense. Beyond blue is UV. IR is the complete opposite of the spectrum. I’ve asked him twice what he means and he’s never responded.

I wouldn’t take his advice personally.
Yeah me either. Every time ive asked him where he gets his info he ghosts the thread. I wont listen to that guy, ever lol.

Eledin

Eledin

A lot of the green spectrum is reflected (which is why plants are green), which is why green lights are used during dark cycles, which prevents cannabis from revegging or hermie-ing it up.

Your link references something from 2014 (and I didn’t see a date on your article). Most recent I’ve found was late 2020: https://californialightworks.com/blog/how-important-is-green-lights-for-plant-growth/

Still they say that nobody is sure of the actual benefits of green light. Is it important? Maybe. Would I ignore green light for my lights? No because you can’t have full spectrum without it. Will is vastly change your grow? Maybe.

I wouldn’t put a lot of confidence on a 10 year old study without any other supporting studies since, though.
No, only 5% of the green spectrum is reflected but since is more than any other color is the one we see, 95% of that spectrum is still used.
This link mentions the 2014 article but they also mention that they did their own research and that other studies have been done, even tho I cant find them.
Another thing to consider is that sunlight gives a fair ammount of green aswell, one would expect that plants adapted to that kind of light during their evolution, aka full spectrum.
The reason why green might not disturb plants enough to make them herm (most of the times) is because green LEDs or green tinted regular bulbs have very low light intensity (the poorest of all colors per Watt) and youre not using more than a few Watts. Plants can tolerate certain ammount of light without interrupting their sleep, I dont know if it affects sleep quality tho. They get natural light with the moon outdoors so they can for sure get some light without disturbing them.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Dont just throw away your light cause some clown said to🤦🏻
The lights will grow plants, you also dont need a 2 cycle light..... full spectrum is completely fine for autos idk why this dude says blue is best for autos cause he never backs any of the stuff he says, neither do his little plants.

The fce3000 will work just fine, keep an eye on your connection points though, they like to melt and catch fire, but that can happen to ANY light no matter the manufacturer.

Autos are finicky at the very best, my advise is to look into getting photoperiod seeds and just forget about autos. Autos have Small yields, lower potency, they are tricky to grow, photos are just all around easier.

Start a grow journal and people will tag along and help you along the way! This forum is a great placw to be!
FC-E8000 running a year straight, no issues at all autos ran fine under them, same with photos

For example here’s how my autos ran under my mars hydro 2 runs ago

Yes I cut the light in half to run it 2x8 instead of 4x4 😁 it got cut the first 20 minutes it was in the house it’s never been assembled as a 4x4 haha

I also run the mars hydro add on UV/IR bars made for this light series they run start to finish same schedule as the lights they where added after the run pictured though
DCBB47CF CE4B 42B2 80AF B2A0196FC7A0
7C599E7E 750F 48AD 94F3 5BEDD0080741
D7CE0B72 BE02 4B16 8444 24DA3E62652E
0A6126F9 DDA0 4CB2 ADEC 61465A538CAD
3EC7BAD1 DE3D 4B17 A047 3AAA33D087DC
26ED07D7 5C39 488D 9C27 C6201AE79F2D

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

FC-E8000 running a year straight, no issues at all autos ran fine under them, same with photos

For example here’s how my autos ran under my mars hydro 2 runs ago

Yes I cut the light in half to run it 2x8 instead of 4x4 😁 it got cut the first 20 minutes it was in the house it’s never been assembled as a 4x4 haha

I also run the mars hydro add on UV/IR bars made for this light series they run start to finish same schedule as the lights they where added after the run pictured though View attachment 1353243View attachment 1353244View attachment 1353245View attachment 1353246View attachment 1353247View attachment 1353248
Yeah "you need the blue ir" though in order to grow autos man. Lmao what a 🤡 he is. His 2 cycle lights are soooo out of date.

Eledin

Eledin

Here is a more recent study regarding blue and red LEDS vs white and red LEDs
I guess there's no link to the study cause its in Korean.
I won’t hate on anyone’s gear, I still like my old blurples 😁 everyone has a preference.
Nothing wrong with using them, I dont hate on people who use LEC or HPS either, but if they claim is better then I must respectfully disagree. I have a mix of LED full spectrum and purple in my tent just because it was way cheaper than buying a full spectrum panel, still way more expensive than buying LEC or HPS but worth it. The side lights are for flowering and are placed that way so the plants below the pink bulb can get white (blue and green) and the ones below the white bulb can get more red. Both set of bars have bloom, veg and combo mode, so I could only turn on the reds on the bluerple set of bars but I usually use them all until late flower, then I only use the bloom mode on the side bars.

1681916763858-png.1352691

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

I couldnt afford to buy 2 bulbs for grow and 2 for bloom so I bought one of each 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: MDK
CaliKen

CaliKen

every auto i've grown seems to take forever to start growing. i think their just growing roots now and should soon start growing.
i have started using solo cups for a few weeks and then transplanting into final pots and it seems to help.
they look healthy though, just be real careful with the watering
U may want to reduce the pots down to 1 gallon or back to solo cups. Plants move very slow when the pot is to large for their current size. Also auto’s are unpredictable in a lot of ways so that adds on to the pot issue

MDK

MDK

Yes thanks I did not mean to be brutal but you planted them in October, autoflowers are funny and finiky but your two main problems are the dirt and the light, you can buy fox farm ocean forest online all you do is add clay pebbles for good drainage that's important ALLSO you add a bit of perlite to the medium for airation and nitro, I have a used Viperspectra light I can give you but I can't afford to pay for shipping, I bought a new one but it's still in the box but the old one keeps working fine, or you can buy one from Viperspectra last I checked and it's a 600w 2 cycle led light they were $150 delivered as for Mars there no good, let me know if you want the light. As my state went legal it's now cheaper to buy weed than grow it so I have been slacking off on growing but have so many seeds they must be worth a grand with more on the way, did not mean to be so blunt sorry.
You sure he meant October i think in Europe they list day first month second so could be March 10th which seems more appropriate since the plants look healthy?

Eledin

Eledin

U may want to reduce the pots down to 1 gallon or back to solo cups. Plants move very slow when the pot is to large for their current size. Also auto’s are unpredictable in a lot of ways so that adds on to the pot issue
I must disagree, I planted 3 month autos in 5 gallon fabric pots from seed and they got way bigger than when I plant them in smaller pots, probably the plant senses how much available space it has and if your roots start touching the bottom or the sides they will grow less. The entire 5 gallon pot was colonized by roots, not bunched up together like it happens in small pots, plastic pots or cups if you leave them enough time, but rather spaced and healthy.
I was curious about that and I searched and even tho this study is from 2012 they looked at 65 other studies aswell to see if the results were similar.
I agree with the fact that they are unpredictable, and they might also take less time to grow in a small pot, but that will also limit their size.

Top Bottom