Autos Not Growing Indoors Soil Advanced Nutrients Mars hydro FCE3000

• Thread starter zavara2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zavara2

Hello Everyone,

This is the first time doing these strains (Zkittles OG, Strawberry cheesecake Glue gelato all autos)

Medium Soil Compost & Perlite , Lamp Mars Hydro FCE3000 , Advanced nutrients professional.

The babies sprouted on 10/3 introduced them in the tend, watering for a week. didnt notice any change so i kept watering them without any nutrients for a week , then i introduced first week Advance nutrients and didnt see any growth at all. my temp was a bit low around 19celsius 50% humidty.I figured that the tempis low and moved them in another tent where it was a bit warmer.
So any thoughts tips advise what couldve went wrong and what can i do to speed up the process as their in week 3 and no growth has shown.

Autos not growing indoors soil advanced nutrients mars hydro fce3000
Autos not growing indoors soil advanced nutrients mars hydro fce3000 2
Autos not growing indoors soil advanced nutrients mars hydro fce3000 3
D

dean1963

every auto i've grown seems to take forever to start growing. i think their just growing roots now and should soon start growing.
i have started using solo cups for a few weeks and then transplanting into final pots and it seems to help.
they look healthy though, just be real careful with the watering

mancorn

mancorn

31c with 42rH gives you a Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) of 2.65 kPa. You should be closer to 1. Try and bring down the temperature at such a low humidity. Tons of VPD charts and info online.

E

Edinburg

First put them in fox farm ocean forest they luv that medium, second mars hydro lights suck, if you are going to run autoflowers you need a 2 cycle light, I have a 600w Viperspectra and autoflowers do great under that blue ir light not full spec bc this type of light will cause your autoflowers to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out greatly affecting the yield, do not transplant sow your seed in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in, this plant popped on valintines day and I'm now flowering it, I was able to tell her sex at 26 days, it looks to me your main problem is the dirt as stated put them in fox farm ocean forest, and get rid of that Mars hydro light as there are only 2 good companys that sell good inexpensive lights Viperspectra and Spider Farmer.

IMG 20230405 150713
Z

zavara2

First put them in fox farm ocean forest they luv that medium, second mars hydro lights suck, if you are going to run autoflowers you need a 2 cycle light, I have a 600w Viperspectra and autoflowers do great under that blue ir light not full spec bc this type of light will cause your autoflowers to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out greatly affecting the yield, do not transplant sow your seed in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in, this plant popped on valintines day and I'm now flowering it, I was able to tell her sex at 26 days, it looks to me your main problem is the dirt as stated put them in fox farm ocean forest, and get rid of that Mars hydro light as there are only 2 good companys that sell good inexpensive lights Viperspectra and Spider Farmer.
thanks for your advice

E

Edinburg

Yes thanks I did not mean to be brutal but you planted them in October, autoflowers are funny and finiky but your two main problems are the dirt and the light, you can buy fox farm ocean forest online all you do is add clay pebbles for good drainage that's important ALLSO you add a bit of perlite to the medium for airation and nitro, I have a used Viperspectra light I can give you but I can't afford to pay for shipping, I bought a new one but it's still in the box but the old one keeps working fine, or you can buy one from Viperspectra last I checked and it's a 600w 2 cycle led light they were $150 delivered as for Mars there no good, let me know if you want the light. As my state went legal it's now cheaper to buy weed than grow it so I have been slacking off on growing but have so many seeds they must be worth a grand with more on the way, did not mean to be so blunt sorry.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

thanks for your advice
Dont just throw away your light cause some clown said to🤦🏻‍
The lights will grow plants, you also dont need a 2 cycle light..... full spectrum is completely fine for autos idk why this dude says blue is best for autos cause he never backs any of the stuff he says, neither do his little plants.

The fce3000 will work just fine, keep an eye on your connection points though, they like to melt and catch fire, but that can happen to ANY light no matter the manufacturer.

Autos are finicky at the very best, my advise is to look into getting photoperiod seeds and just forget about autos. Autos have Small yields, lower potency, they are tricky to grow, photos are just all around easier.

Start a grow journal and people will tag along and help you along the way! This forum is a great placw to be!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yes thanks I did not mean to be brutal but you planted them in October, autoflowers are funny and finiky but your two main problems are the dirt and the light, you can buy fox farm ocean forest online all you do is add clay pebbles for good drainage that's important ALLSO you add a bit of perlite to the medium for airation and nitro, I have a used Viperspectra light I can give you but I can't afford to pay for shipping, I bought a new one but it's still in the box but the old one keeps working fine, or you can buy one from Viperspectra last I checked and it's a 600w 2 cycle led light they were $150 delivered as for Mars there no good, let me know if you want the light. As my state went legal it's now cheaper to buy weed than grow it so I have been slacking off on growing but have so many seeds they must be worth a grand with more on the way, did not mean to be so blunt sorry.
Dude. Just stop blasting bad info. Please please please, cause it doesnt help anyone or make you look better.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
31c with 42rH gives you a Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) of 2.65 kPa. You should be closer to 1. Try and bring down the temperature at such a low humidity. Tons of VPD charts and info online.

when i catch my humidity being super low usually a correction impacts the growth dramatically - im with Mancorn

Z

zavara2

No you werent brutal, i'm here to ask learn and get advise. Thank u but i already bought a spider farmer sf4000, i did the mistake and bought two mars hydro fc3000 now i need to figure out what im going to do with them.
I just got two new seeds Exodus Cheese auto & super lemon haze auto from greenhouse any advise what type of soil to use?

Z

zavara2

Dont just throw away your light cause some clown said to🤦🏻‍
The lights will grow plants, you also dont need a 2 cycle light..... full spectrum is completely fine for autos idk why this dude says blue is best for autos cause he never backs any of the stuff he says, neither do his little plants.

The fce3000 will work just fine, keep an eye on your connection points though, they like to melt and catch fire, but that can happen to ANY light no matter the manufacturer.

Autos are finicky at the very best, my advise is to look into getting photoperiod seeds and just forget about autos. Autos have Small yields, lower potency, they are tricky to grow, photos are just all around easier.

Start a grow journal and people will tag along and help you along the way! This forum is a great placw to be!
Thank you, these are the last autos im growing, where i live now its the best weather for outdoors so i will try growing outdoors also

E

Edinburg

No you werent brutal, i'm here to ask learn and get advise. Thank u but i already bought a spider farmer sf4000, i did the mistake and bought two mars hydro fc3000 now i need to figure out what im going to do with them.
I just got two new seeds Exodus Cheese auto & super lemon haze auto from greenhouse any advise what type of soil to use?
Yes put your autoflowers in fox farm ocean forest add clay pebbles for good drainage and a bit of perlite for airation and nitro, remember the light you just bought is full spec witch has red in the spectrum so your autos may go into flower prematurely and could possibly dwarf out affecting your yield , autoflowers are not photoperiod plants and are not run the same way, a bit of advice try and keep your light 36inc above your grow at least as you want ur autos to get as tall as possible and that's allot of light, good luck my friend .

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I suggest promix hp, or promix bx with extra perlite, and either gh trio, jacks 321, or botanicare for nutrients.
Feed every watering

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
i grow in fox farms soil under a sf4000 - i don't add extra pearlite as i feel it has enough drainage and only add amendments if needed.

i noticed this newer version of FFOF has small limestone chunks in it too. hmm.

don't complicate something that doesn't need it imo - keeping it simple allows you to focus on more things in detail..

i view any slag with an auto as a loss of growing time so i really don't put them through much hell, i made the switch to photos so i could slap them with tons of HST and flower when i felt they were back at 100%

before you ADD something to like let's say FFOF - ask yourself why? why are you spending money? is it actually lacking in the area or is it to boost something? Don't really Boost seedlings/little ones like you can mid veg - once again that's just my opinion and i'm just a hotdog.

Eledin

Eledin

Do I see some yellowing or is it the lights? Is it your own compost? Did you make sure the soil is not too high on nutrients as its only compost and perlite and youre going from seed? Did you germinate them before planting the seed? If you didnt its not so rare but I think theyre kinda small still. It might just be a dwarf thing coincidence too, sometimes autos go super compact and they take longer to "grow" because they dont really get the average height but are very dense in foliage and buds, with low humidity is not a problem with high humidity you gotta watch them. I dont think you need any special light to germinate seeds properly and get good seedlings, the cheapest one would do the job, seems to be a soil or temperature problem, 31ÂşC is too high.

Eledin

Eledin

Did you meassure the ph? Compost tends to have in between 6 and 8. If you dont wanna water the seedling just water one side and collect the runoff to see the ph.

E

Edinburg

i grow in fox farms soil under a sf4000 - i don't add extra pearlite as i feel it has enough drainage and only add amendments if needed.

i noticed this newer version of FFOF has small limestone chunks in it too. hmm.

don't complicate something that doesn't need it imo - keeping it simple allows you to focus on more things in detail..

i view any slag with an auto as a loss of growing time so i really don't put them through much hell, i made the switch to photos so i could slap them with tons of HST and flower when i felt they were back at 100%

before you ADD something to like let's say FFOF - ask yourself why? why are you spending money? is it actually lacking in the area or is it to boost something? Don't really Boost seedlings/little ones like you can mid veg - once again that's just my opinion and i'm just a hotdog.
Well I have been growing autoflowers in fox farm ocean forest for 10 years and have always added a bit of perlite and have never had a problem, as for my grow style you can't really keep it more simple than me, a 600w 2 cycle light, a small fan, sidelight by using home Depot clamp lights, and 2 foods, botanacare pro grow in veg, and Atami Bloombastic for flower, that's it, I found if you don't add a bit of perlite and I suppose I could use some clay pebbles instead that the medium is more mud like and thick, now I'm not talking about allot of perlite just a bit for airation and that little bit of perlite has never given me a problem so I do think of myself as Mr simple, but your definitely right about keeping it simple bc the more stuff you use the more complicated things seem to get, I have yet to see that new medium but might give it a try, I ALLSO found that happy frog is a hotter mix than ocean forest and have used it in the past with mixed results, but whatever works best for you. And 10 years ago when I first started I asked my hydro guy to help set me up and he told me to add a bit of pearlite and I'm not talking about allot for airation bc ffof but does have pearlite in it just not very much witch can lead to a nitro deficiency down the line, and his advice has always been spot on. But whatever works best for you is my motto.

Eledin

Eledin

Well I have been growing autoflowers in fox farm ocean forest for 10 years and have always added a bit of perlite and have never had a problem, as for my grow style you can't really keep it more simple than me, a 600w 2 cycle light, a small fan, sidelight by using home Depot clamp lights, and 2 foods, botanacare pro grow in veg, and Atami Bloombastic for flower, that's it, I found if you don't add a bit of perlite and I suppose I could use some clay pebbles instead that the medium is more mud like and thick, now I'm not talking about allot of perlite just a bit for airation and that little bit of perlite has never given me a problem so I do think of myself as Mr simple, but your definitely right about keeping it simple bc the more stuff you use the more complicated things seem to get, I have yet to see that new medium but might give it a try, I ALLSO found that happy frog is a hotter mix than ocean forest and have used it in the past with mixed results, but whatever works best for you. And 10 years ago when I first started I asked my hydro guy to help set me up and he told me to add a bit of pearlite and I'm not talking about allot for airation bc ffof but does have pearlite in it just not very much witch can lead to a nitro deficiency down the line, and his advice has always been spot on. But whatever works best for you is my motto.
I cant find the link now (I think it was in a youtube video) and I dont know if this is true but I add both because I saw somewhere that mycorrhizae love clay pebbles and they can form small colonies inside since its very porous. I use around 10% perlite, 10% clay, 20% coco, 50% peat and 10% worm castings more or less (then I add the dolomite lime, kelp meal, azomite, guano, etc...).

E

Edinburg

I cant find the link now (I think it was in a youtube video) and I dont know if this is true but I add both because I saw somewhere that mycorrhizae love clay pebbles and they can form small colonies inside since its very porous. I use around 10% perlite, 10% clay, 20% coco, 50% peat and 10% worm castings more or less (then I add the dolomite lime, kelp meal, azomite, guano, etc...).
The reason I add a small amount of perlite is bc my food is fish mulch and the perlite airates the soil and you won't run into a nitro deficiency down the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom