Can I Flower At 12 Inches?

• Thread starter Jezza99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WonderDawg

WonderDawg

If it were a clone I would say yes. From seed, I would let that thing grow for a while. The plant is actually not sexually mature until the branches break from their normal symmetrical seedling pattern and begin to alternate. They really shouldn't be flowered before then.

G gnome

G gnome

If it were a clone I would say yes. From seed, I would let that thing grow for a while. The plant is actually not sexually mature until the branches break from their normal symmetrical seedling pattern and begin to alternate. They really shouldn't be flowered before then.

A plant from seed should be vegged 2 months minimum to get max potency outta the bud. Dont flower that girl yet dude.
Hmm interesting. ...wud like to hear some details, links, proof, documentation

WonderDawg

WonderDawg

In all honesty, It's a tidbit i picked up from one of my hundreds of issues of High Times I've absorbed over the decades. I'd have to spend a few hours wading through my old stacks to find you proof. In my (exclusively indoor) experience (and most other experienced cultivators i know), a plant flowered within even a few months of being planted will not show it's true potency or genetic potential as well as one that is well over 6 months or has at least been cloned once and grown out to maturity. The age of the plant itself it important to it's maturity. Just like you. Personally, when I grow out new seeds for breeding or pheno hunting i never flower out the seeded plant but clones off of it. This allows the plant to be old enough for me to get the best genetic representation of it. Really, I think even the stress of cloning helps harden off the genetics and the plant initially. In my experience, almost every single time a clone off of a seeded plant will produce better quality herb than the flowered seeded plant itself.

G gnome

G gnome

In all honesty, It's a tidbit i picked up from one of my hundreds of issues of High Times I've absorbed over the decades. I'd have to spend a few hours wading through my old stacks to find you proof. In my (exclusively indoor) experience (and most other experienced cultivators i know), a plant flowered within even a few months of being planted will not show it's true potency or genetic potential as well as one that is well over 6 months or has at least been cloned once and grown out to maturity. The age of the plant itself it important to it's maturity. Just like you. Personally, when I grow out new seeds for breeding or pheno hunting i never flower out the seeded plant but clones off of it. This allows the plant to be old enough for me to get the best genetic representation of it. Really, I think even the stress of cloning helps harden off the genetics and the plant initially. In my experience, almost every single time a clone off of a seeded plant will produce better quality herb than the flowered seeded plant itself.

I do the same a lotta o the times as far as takin clones and flowering those instead....idk that the weed is better but i do feel its a better representation of the plant im ultimately gonna end up with.
I must say tho ive never heard that u shudnt flower a seed plant so early....i wud like to read something about that

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I think it makes sense to at least wait until the plant reaches sexual maturity before forcing it to flower, which is usually around 6-8 weeks after germinating the seed. I wouldnt take a clone from a seeded plant younger than 2 months either. I will have to get on google and see if i can dig something up, ive read it a couple different times about when to flower plants from seed, seems like in high times or cannabis culture back in the day.

B

brimck325

i have had cuts for years that tasted just like the seed plant, but i've had plants like a headbanger recently that lost most of it's sourness……a buddy ran her after sampling the seed mom n told me it isn't as sour too. i've talked to a few other people that have noticed this. i know 1 guy that doesn't run the seed plant, only the cuttings because of this.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

The max potency thing is a big ole fib
Thats a old wifes tale so to speak i have done seeds 12/12 from the get go and grown killer buds

Well lets see some proof that its bullshit, anybody have some numbers? Test results? You can search all over the internet about when to flower a seeded plant and it says everywhere, when they reach sexual maturity, which is generally 6-8 weeks veg, males reach sooner than females, the branches start to alternate at nodes when they begin to reach maturity. Wth would u wanna flower a plant early anyway and sacrifice yield? Why not let it veg and get a good root system, let it mature and then flower it. Makes much more sense if you ask me but to each their own.

G gnome

G gnome

Well lets see some proof that its bullshit, anybody have some numbers? Test results? You can search all over the internet about when to flower a seeded plant and it says everywhere, when they reach sexual maturity, which is generally 6-8 weeks veg, males reach sooner than females, the branches start to alternate at nodes when they begin to reach maturity. Wth would u wanna flower a plant early anyway and sacrifice yield? Why not let it veg and get a good root system, let it mature and then flower it. Makes much more sense if you ask me but to each their own.
This is all news to me man....never heard that b4 in all the years i been growing. And btw theres plenty of good reasons to flower smaller plants. Never heard anythin about "sexual maturity. Do u have any links?

Top Bottom