Colloidal Silver for Feminization Not Working?

• Thread starter SuaveGato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SuaveGato

Hello,
Noob to this forum, not new to growing but trying colloidal silver for feminizing seeds for the first time. I mixed up 30ppm with distilled H2O and started spraying clones as soon as they rooted twice per day for approx. 1 week. Continued spraying for 2 more weeks after changing the light cycle to 12/12. They have started flowering during that 2 weeks but no male pollen sacs? I stopped spraying after approx. 3 weeks total. It's been 10 days now since I stopped spraying and still nothing but female buds...

I started spraying again yesterday? Any recommendations or thoughts? Will they make male flowers eventually or should I just keep spraying until I see male flowers? Increase ppm to 40? 50?

On a side note, is it possible to take a female plant, spray just one section or branch of it with C.S. to make male flowers and then pollenate itself with that pollen to make feminized seeds? Or do you have to use the pollen on a different plant?

Thanks,
SuaveGato

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hello,
Noob to this forum, not new to growing but trying colloidal silver for feminizing seeds for the first time. I mixed up 30ppm with distilled H2O and started spraying clones as soon as they rooted twice per day for approx. 1 week. Continued spraying for 2 more weeks after changing the light cycle to 12/12. They have started flowering during that 2 weeks but no male pollen sacs? I stopped spraying after approx. 3 weeks total. It's been 10 days now since I stopped spraying and still nothing but female buds...

I started spraying again yesterday? Any recommendations or thoughts? Will they make male flowers eventually or should I just keep spraying until I see male flowers? Increase ppm to 40? 50?

On a side note, is it possible to take a female plant, spray just one section or branch of it with C.S. to make male flowers and then pollenate itself with that pollen to make feminized seeds? Or do you have to use the pollen on a different plant?

Thanks,
SuaveGato
Yes it’s possible I have 300 seeds next to me from the exact method you used, don’t dilute the CS use the 30PPM straight up, start about a week before flip, select / tag a branch, spray daily (twice daily if possible) I’d say the diluting is your issue

Here’s exactly what I used

Pics of the process are in my grow log back 15-20 pages probably I can look and post it

Yeah page 27 I see images of me doing the spraying so it’s scattered from there forward with the ongoing grow etc here the link

Mikedin’s Garden Center, Let’s Grow!

IMG 3312
S

SuaveGato

Yes it’s possible I have 300 seeds next to me from the exact method you used, don’t dilute the CS use the 30PPM straight up, start about a week before flip, select / tag a branch, spray daily (twice daily if possible) I’d say the diluting is your issue

Here’s exactly what I used

Pics of the process are in my grow log back 15-20 pages probably I can look and post it

Yeah page 27 I see images of me doing the spraying so it’s scattered from there forward with the ongoing grow etc here the link

Mikedin’s Garden Center, Let’s Grow!
Thanks, to clarify My final solution is 30ppm. I used 500ppm diluted with distilled H2O to 30ppm. I guess I will just keep spraying until I see male flowers?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thanks, to clarify My final solution is 30ppm. I used 500ppm diluted with distilled H2O to 30ppm. I guess I will just keep spraying until I see male flowers?
I would yes, increase to 50-60ppm next time if you have the option

Latest posts

Top Bottom