Decarb Failed - Can I salvage anything from butter?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No plans on cooking out the alcohol in the tincture on the stove and bring on the wrath of Kahn with the smell.

So just mix the tincture in the oil and let it sit? How long?

I do like rum cake btw, maybe some day juice one of those.
I think the little bit of alcohol that’s in there will bake out!

PianoStan

PianoStan

For the Brownies I have Betty Crocker mix - 3Tablespoons of water, 1/2 cup of oil, 2 eggs.
Plan to do half batch with weed, the other plain. Maybe use two bread loaf pans.

For cake mix I have Duncan Hines Devils Food - 1 cup water, 1/2 cup of oil, 3 large eggs. Again will split half and half. Can use a half height cake pan, or cupcakes. If we have munchies after we have some plain stock 😆

Will be using EVO for oil. Same color as tincture 😝
So each recipe calls for the same amount of oil, but you want to split in half each way. From what you self report, you don't use tons of THC on a daily basis. (Clipping after 1/3 of a joint) So 50mg per slice of cake or brownie will be fine for you. In fact you would probably get reasonably high from 1/2 that. That depends largely on your unique biological circumstances.

But you can just make 1/2 cup of canna-oil with your EVO, and split it 1/4 cup to each recipe. If you do that, you will just need to cut your canna-brownies and canna-cake into the same number of servings. If, on the other hand, you want to cut your brownies into 4 pieces, but your cake into 6 slices, you will need to make 2 different strength canna-oils to maintain the same dose per serving. (My laziness would prevent that! But you do you)

The formula ends up:
  1. (Number of servings per dish) x (number of mg per serving) = total number of mg needed
  2. (total number of mg needed) / (number of mg/ml of tincture) = ml of tincture needed
Then, yes, it is as simple as combining the oil and the tincture in a bowl or pan and leaving it exposed to the open air. In this case. the greater the surface area exposed, the better. As it will speed up evaporation. But DO make sure that the de-carbed weed doesn't get outside the oil and stuck to the pan. As for an exact time, all that I can say for certain is a day or less. It depends on environmental factors such as surface area, ambient temp and relative humidity. If you live in a rain forest it will take longer than if you live in the desert.

To be 100% positive, you would really need to measure the specific gravity of the EVO, and calculate what the specific gravity of EVO with de-carbed weed added to it would be, and then measure for that number. But, we're making a damn cake, not trying to land on the moon, so I would say that when the canna-oil is returned back to pretty much the same viscosity as it was in the bottle, you are good to go.

Just stir the oil and tincture mixture every couple of hours or so. It's not some critical timer based thing. In order to make things go even faster, I would mix all the tincture that you need with 1/4 cup oil. Then, when you are satisfied that it's been properly evaporated, add the other 1/4 cup oil and mix it all together really well. Then split it into (2) 1/4 cup portions and you are good to go.

So, as an example, let's say that you decide on 50mg/brownie/slice of cake, and that you will yield 6 portions of "canna" each. 50mg x 6 portions = 300mg/ recipe. Since you are making 2 recipes, that is a total of 600mg THC needed. Your tincture should be somewhere near 8.33mg/ml so: 600mg / 8.3mg/ml = 72.29ml of tincture. That equates to roughly 5 Tbsp of tincture. (4.8 to be exact)

As I said above, I would mix that into 1/4 cup EVO, and then let it evaporate. Then I would add the other 1/4 cup EVO, and mix well. And split it back into (2) 1/4 cup portions. That, at least is, close enough for government work!

I too like rum cake. My problems with cake are so many people make them too dry. That's not really an issue when you add some rum. You could either use canna-oil in the cake, or make a tincture with 151 Bacardi, and use that, or do both! It would be one hell of a dessert!

PianoStan

PianoStan

I think the little bit of alcohol that’s in there will bake out!
That's actually a myth. It takes hours to cook alcohol out of a food mixture. Studies have been done that show after 30 minutes of cooking, 85% of the alcohol still remains in the food. It takes 3.5-4 hours to remove 95% of the alcohol.

PianoStan

PianoStan

I'm sure that if I ever got serious about building a still, I could make a good one. But I don't have any actual useful experience in that regard.

My entire still building experience comes from 1990, maybe 1991. A friend of mine and I were sitting around high as hell with a ton of stems and weed detritus laying around, when we got the idea to try fermenting it. So, being the fine MENSA candidates that we were. We silicone-ed all of his wife's pots together in a complex series of copper tubes bolstered with aluminum foil.

The look on her face when she came home with the kid, and there me and her husband were with the kitchen of their trailer having been turned into a spider's web of boilers and collectors, and copper tubes and what not.

Damn near landed him in divorce court!

B

Budclarkson

So each recipe calls for the same amount of oil, but you want to split in half each way. From what you self report, you don't use tons of THC on a daily basis. (Clipping after 1/3 of a joint) So 50mg per slice of cake or brownie will be fine for you. In fact you would probably get reasonably high from 1/2 that. That depends largely on your unique biological circumstances.

But you can just make 1/2 cup of canna-oil with your EVO, and split it 1/4 cup to each recipe. If you do that, you will just need to cut your canna-brownies and canna-cake into the same number of servings. If, on the other hand, you want to cut your brownies into 4 pieces, but your cake into 6 slices, you will need to make 2 different strength canna-oils to maintain the same dose per serving. (My laziness would prevent that! But you do you)

The formula ends up:
  1. (Number of servings per dish) x (number of mg per serving) = total number of mg needed
  2. (total number of mg needed) / (number of mg/ml of tincture) = ml of tincture needed
Then, yes, it is as simple as combining the oil and the tincture in a bowl or pan and leaving it exposed to the open air. In this case. the greater the surface area exposed, the better. As it will speed up evaporation. But DO make sure that the de-carbed weed doesn't get outside the oil and stuck to the pan. As for an exact time, all that I can say for certain is a day or less. It depends on environmental factors such as surface area, ambient temp and relative humidity. If you live in a rain forest it will take longer than if you live in the desert.

To be 100% positive, you would really need to measure the specific gravity of the EVO, and calculate what the specific gravity of EVO with de-carbed weed added to it would be, and then measure for that number. But, we're making a damn cake, not trying to land on the moon, so I would say that when the canna-oil is returned back to pretty much the same viscosity as it was in the bottle, you are good to go.

Just stir the oil and tincture mixture every couple of hours or so. It's not some critical timer based thing. In order to make things go even faster, I would mix all the tincture that you need with 1/4 cup oil. Then, when you are satisfied that it's been properly evaporated, add the other 1/4 cup oil and mix it all together really well. Then split it into (2) 1/4 cup portions and you are good to go.

So, as an example, let's say that you decide on 50mg/brownie/slice of cake, and that you will yield 6 portions of "canna" each. 50mg x 6 portions = 300mg/ recipe. Since you are making 2 recipes, that is a total of 600mg THC needed. Your tincture should be somewhere near 8.33mg/ml so: 600mg / 8.3mg/ml = 72.29ml of tincture. That equates to roughly 5 Tbsp of tincture. (4.8 to be exact)

As I said above, I would mix that into 1/4 cup EVO, and then let it evaporate. Then I would add the other 1/4 cup EVO, and mix well. And split it back into (2) 1/4 cup portions. That, at least is, close enough for government work!

I too like rum cake. My problems with cake are so many people make them too dry. That's not really an issue when you add some rum. You could either use canna-oil in the cake, or make a tincture with 151 Bacardi, and use that, or do both! It would be one hell of a dessert!

So we are going to do just the Brownie bake for now. Half batch of weed with 8 servings(small size mini brownies).
So for 1/4 cup of oil and go with Stans 8mg/mL tincture yield estimate:

formula
1. 25mg/serving x8 small servings
2. 200mg total / 8mg/mL = 25ML tincture

If Stan is right I get 25mg mini brownies. If it’s like OPs “decarb failed” or infusion confusion it’s maybe half that. Seems safe and can eat 2 brownies if needed.

So one BIG glaring comparison is I need 25ML/8 = 3.125mL of baked tinture juice to equal 1mL of dropper juice in a mixed drink (ie your KoolAid) to get the same effect. Or said another way get toasted 25x on the same amount not baking.

If so might us well down the kool aid and eat plain brownies, no?

Reactions: Zab
B

Budclarkson

Oh yeah, how should I be storing these amber bottles. I have the 2oz right now. A locked case? Room temp or refrigerated?

PianoStan

PianoStan

So we are going to do just the Brownie bake for now. Half batch of weed with 8 servings(small size mini brownies).
So for 1/4 cup of oil and go with Stans 8mg/mL tincture yield estimate:

formula
1. 25mg/serving x8 small servings
2. 200mg total / 8mg/mL = 25ML tincture

If Stan is right I get 25mg mini brownies. If it’s like OPs “decarb failed” or infusion confusion it’s maybe half that. Seems safe and can eat 2 brownies if needed.

So one BIG glaring comparison is I need 25ML/8 = 3.125mL of baked tinture juice to equal 1mL of dropper juice in a mixed drink (ie your KoolAid) to get the same effect. Or said another way get toasted 25x on the same amount not baking.

If so might us well down the kool aid and eat plain brownies, no?
If you end up making the brownies, then your numbers look good. Going with the 25mg/ serving seems like a reasonable idea. You aren't a party hard stoner that will struggle to catch a buzz off of a smaller dose. I'm not anymore either. 30 years ago, yeah, but today I just like to be mellow.

The comparison you make reveals why I went the tincture drink route over the edible desserts route.

If you make a 25mg brownie, your body won't actually get the full 25mg of THC. Fuzzy math again, but it depends on your metabolism, how full your stomach/intestines are, and how efficient your digestive system is in general. But it's not going to be perfect. As my original post in this thread pointed out, it should be at least 80% (20mg to your bloodstream in this specific case). Since your THC intake tends to be low, I think that you would probably qualify as a "casual" for the formulaic purposes which means up to 33% of that could be made psychoactively available.

Which ultimately means that the brownie as you are preparing to make it, would get you up to 7mg of THC affecting your brain.

On the other hand, if you take the tincture drink mixture with 1ml (8mg) of tincture on an empty stomach, nearly 100% would get to your bloodstream. it's far easier for your body to absorb water based products than solid foods. As a casual for the purposes of the formula, and allowing for just a 5% loss to digestion, 1ml of tincture would deliver roughly 2.5mg THC to your brain. And I think that this is roughly what I figured that 1/3 of a joint was getting you.

If you compare the numbers, 3ml of tincture drink would deliver nearly the same amount of psychoactive THC as the 25mg brownie. The difference being that the brownie would get you noticeably more high for a somewhat longer time. Maybe the equivalent of smoking an entire joint and lasting about 6 hours. (Give or take). Account for a 35-60 minute onset of effects, and 90 minutes to peak plasma concentration the total time from eating to coming down is close to 8 hours.

Looking at the tincture drink, the 1ml drink concentration would likely make you roughly as high as you get from smoking 1/3 of a normal joint. If you take it on an empty stomach, 20-30 minutes for onset of effect. 35-45 min for peak plasma concentration, and a duration of 3.5-4 hours. But if you want to keep the high going, you just need to take another drink around the 3 hour mark, and as one drink wears off, the next one comes on.

The real major difference is that with the tincture drink, there is less THC wasted which allows you to stretch the amount further. But some people just enjoy eating the brownie, cookie, or whatever. and that's a personal preference. My suggestion is that you and your wife spend one night trying the tincture, and the next night trying the brownie. Whichever you guys like better, is the right choice for you.

B

Budclarkson

Question about strength. The first bottle filled was mostly clear green fluid. The remaining at the bottom of the Ongrok pot went into the second bottle and some visible particles that was on the bottom, just a little layer.

I just took the 25ML for the oil and mixed it in the measuring cup. Had it near me and stirring occasionally. Smelled and after awhile eyes got irritated.

So is this bottle with more particles substantially stronger? Can you get medicated just on the odor?

I moved the concoction downstairs. Wife I guess must have for a wifi of it in the other room “Are you cooking downstairs again?”

PianoStan

PianoStan

Question about strength. The first bottle filled was mostly clear green fluid. The remaining at the bottom of the Ongrok pot went into the second bottle and some visible particles that was on the bottom, just a little layer.

I just took the 25ML for the oil and mixed it in the measuring cup. Had it near me and stirring occasionally. Smelled and after awhile eyes got irritated.

So is this bottle with more particles substantially stronger? Can you get medicated just on the odor?

I moved the concoction downstairs. Wife I guess must have for a wifi of it in the other room “Are you cooking downstairs again?”
Well, everclear is a solvent chemically, and your eyes are covered in aqueous solution. I suppose that some miniscule amount of alcohol vapor would pass the blood barrier, but not enough to get you drunk. You CAN get drunk from inhaling heated alcohol, but you need more like a nebulizer machine than a simple whiff. But it can be an irritant.

Yes, the more particles, the more better on potency. I usually bottle the tincture when still hot and fully mixed. Then, when put in the refrigerator, as they cool, the rubber seal vacuum seals the bottle slightly, preparing it for aging. That's why I make bigger batches. As you age the tincture, it becomes more mellow, and potent. To an extent. It will never make the walls melt. It's hard to describe, but it improves the product.

B

Budclarkson

I don’t think it’s the alcohol that was irritating but maybe. The EVO mix is no longer a layer of oil and a layer of alcohol, it’s all oil now and the particles are floating seemingly evenly distributed. The odor is not as strong.

I’ll have to pour a shot of Everclear and set it by me and see if any affect.

B

Budclarkson

@PianoStan what so you recommend for a Pain Killer strain and CBD THC combo using the tinctures?

Now that doctors and powers that be are kicking people in chronic back pain off Vicadin need a safe alternative and not regulated at the whims of political hacks. Joe Bribem included with his new plan to reschedule MJ still with a permission slip required.

Saw some videos with company reps selling their juice concoctions touting 10:1 ration with additional mentions of CBG and CBN whatever those are? Like TV stations now CBS, ABC, NBC lol

The seed bank only lists like low medium high doe CBD content.

PianoStan

PianoStan

@PianoStan what so you recommend for a Pain Killer strain and CBD THC combo using the tinctures?

Now that doctors and powers that be are kicking people in chronic back pain off Vicadin need a safe alternative and not regulated at the whims of political hacks. Joe Bribem included with his new plan to reschedule MJ still with a permission slip required.

Saw some videos with company reps selling their juice concoctions touting 10:1 ration with additional mentions of CBG and CBN whatever those are? Like TV stations now CBS, ABC, NBC lol

The seed bank only lists like low medium high doe CBD content.
"Joe Bribem" (LMAO) I love it! Many people of his generation are far too indoctrinated into believing that marijuana is a dangerous drug. Then, when you consider his career as a politician, he can't really give up on the war on drugs. Regardless of how it has proved to be an unmitigated failure, this country has invested far too much time into hiring all those drug cops, judges, and prisons to give it up now. With the advent of for profit prisons, municipalities are fined millions of dollar for NOT keeping the cells filled with inmates. Not to mention all the money the government makes from selling military weapons to nations in order to fight drug growers and manufacturers. And then there are the powerful pharmaceutical lobbyists. NONE of the (legal) drug companies want you to be able to grow or buy something for which they don't hold the patent. Don't expect the government to reverse course any time soon.

CBN is a sleep inducing cannabinoid. It is usually sub-5% in most marijuana plants. As marijuana ages, and degrades THC potentcy declines, and CBN potency increases. But some plant breeders have cross bred plants to be 20%+. I wish that I could find some. One of my medical issues is intractable insomnia. But I haven't found any seed stores that sell CBN plants.

CBG is a non-intoxifying cannabinoid from which other cannabinoids are synthesized in the plant's metabolism. Think of it as a sort of "stem cell" for cannabinoid production. While it doesn't get one high, it has the effect of enhancing moods.

As far as an exact dose goes, I can't really give you a specific number. That is entirely dependent upon your unique biologic profile. Personally, I try to take 10-15mg every 4 hours. But you would need to experiment a little in order to find out what's best for you. But that's the outstanding thing with this type of micro-dosing that we have now walked through. For purely medicinal purposes such as back pain, insomnia, pain relief, anorexia, etc., forget the brownies, cakes, and other edibles. Stick with the tincture drink. It's the easiest for your body to absorb, and has the least waste. Edible infused food, desserts, and candies are more optimal for chilling with a good buzz, or partying hard with the boys.

Starting with the tincture, make a larger amount, again in the 5-10mg/ml range. And start out with 1ml every 3-4 hours. If that doesn't do the trick, then up it to 2ml. If that's still not right, go to 3ml. If 2ml was too much, decrease to 1.5ml. If your pain issues are chronic, the important thing is to medicate routinely. If you wait until you are in pain before you treat the pain, then you are always playing catch-up with the pain. And it becomes impossible to manage properly. But that is the case even if using opioid analgesics such as Vicodin. If your pain is intermittent, then treating it as it arises is easier to manage, but you will still need to find the right amount for you.

If you want to mix CBD and THC for medicinal management, you can certainly buy/grow hybrid plants. For ultimate control though, you could buy/grow a CBD plant and a THC plant, and then decide exactly how many mg of each that you want in your tincture. Weigh it out, and proceed accordingly.

One thing to remember if you self-medicate with a tincture every 4 hours, is that you will be mildly high ALL THE TIME. So if you have to drive frequently, or work with dangerous machinery extra care needs to be taken. But we aren't talking numbers here that should seriously affect you ability to function in a normal manner. Another benefit of micro-dosing.

One thing that I want to add here for anybody sort-of lurking around this thread, reading but not commenting. If you are thinking, "they are talking about ridiculously low numbers. That won't work for me," this is micro-dosing. But it relies on chemistry, and that means that it can scale up to whatever strength you want. The only difference between making a 10mg/ml tincture and a 400mg/ml tincture is the amount of weed and alcohol, oil, or butter that you need to use. If you want to talk about making a serious party compound, just speak up.

B

Budclarkson

I do have some CBD flower and some other mostly mixed Indica/Sativa strains. I guess I could try cooking a mix but don’t have a lot of pure Indica left but at 10:1 ratio wouldn’t need much.

Do you find Sativa strains can trip anxiety and heart racing in people?

Your tincture is used for pain and is all/mostly thc content?

Grower1974

Grower1974

I do have some CBD flower and some other mostly mixed Indica/Sativa strains. I guess I could try cooking a mix but don’t have a lot of pure Indica left but at 10:1 ratio wouldn’t need much.

I make infused oil with both Sativa, Indica, autos, hybrids etc. (Always use buds)

I believe infusing and ingesting all of them comes out to the same effect. None of my consumers ever ask or say some feel different than others.

PianoStan

PianoStan

While a lot of people swear by the conventional Sativa vs. Indica beliefs, including me; from what I have read on the marijuana plant those beliefs aren't exactly accurate. The energy vs. sedation effect apparently has its chemical origins in the terpene profile of the plant. There is another chemical profile as well, but I can't remember its exact name. That's why some Indicas produce euphoria, and some Sativas are relaxing. It is probably just that Sativas are genetically pre-disposed to having certain terpenes, while Indicas more commonly contain others.

As far as triggering an anxious response, or avoiding one as the case may be, micro-dosing should mitigate that response. But it would be a good idea to avoid ANY strain that users report paranoia as one of the effects. Another thing to note is that allergic/hypersensitive reactions to marijuana are likely to manifest with anxiety, diaphoresis, tachycardia, hypertension, and tachypnea. A person can't be allergic to THC in the same way that they might be allergic to bee stings, peanuts, or shellfish. The throat won't close with difficulty breathing. And they won't die. (***ASTERISK HERE*** If someone has a serious underlying medical condition, the hypersensitive reaction to THC in a person prone to that COULD possibly trigger a potentially fatal event.)

Fortunately, our brains make cannabinoids naturally (not THC), and they are used as neurotransmitters in the brain. For that reason, our cells have their own cannabinoid receptors, and most people do not face any type of hypersensitive reaction to the product. Normally, it is even impossible to truly "overdose" on THC. When talking strictly about marijuana in its bud form, the amount of plant that one would need to consume in order for it to become toxic would occupy a space larger than their physical body. And then, even if one set out to try to consume that much anyway, the metabolic process of digesting THC would put them to sleep long before they accomplished the goal.

Of course, once we delve into making stupidly strong tinctures, that all flies out the window, and the potential for a toxic reaction COULD happen. But one would pretty much have to set out with that goal in mind before they could achieve it.

I don't use my tincture to treat pain at all. I use my tinctures to treat my insomnia, as well as for mood stabilization. If you are looking for pain management specifically, then you would probably need CBD more than THC. I'm not sure if the 10:1 ratio is perfect, I've never made one, but you could certainly try to make a tincture that is 5mg/ml THC, and 50mg/ml CBD. But do yourself a favor, and make 6-8oz of tincture this time. That way you will have a small supply for the purposes of dialing in the right amounts.

Don't get too hung up on some TV advert, and the ratios that they offer. You've already pointed out that you don't smoke much THC through the joints, so you could make a tincture that is 2mg/ml THC, and 100mg/ml CBD if that would be more appropriate for your pain management. Hell, you can skip the THC altogether if that's what you want. You hold total control at this point. It's just a matter of experimenting a little to find your personal sweet spot.

One thing though, if you go this route and start making your own medicinal tinctures, do yourself a favor, and invest in one of the de-carb machines. It will pay for itself over time with flawless de-carb, and maximum potency for your medicine. Which ultimately will lead to even less waste.

B

Budclarkson

OK I have CBD flower that has 17%CBD and 0.5% THC a 34:1 ratio. And NL Indica that’s about 15% thx.

So would like to make 10:1 ratio and decarb some for the 2nd half of that brownie mix (CBD Med brownies) and some for a tincture.

But for this CBD brownie mix Is like to just do ground up decarb flower old school. 8 Mini brownies in the loaf pan which is about 1/2 a 16x9 pan. What do I need to do the brownies?

Assuming same 25mg per serving with 22.5mg of CBD and 2.5mg of NL. 25mgx8=200mg total
So CBD gives 170mg/Gm CBD and 5mg/gm THC
NL gives 150mg/gm

So I come up with 1.06 gram of CBD flower for 90%, and 100mg of NL for 10%.

90% of the 200mg total for CBD is 180mg cbd needed

10% of the 200mg total for NL is 20mg thx needed - 100mg of NL to get to 15mg and then add the thx for the CBD flower which would be about 5mg to get the 20mg thx total for the batch.

So 1.6gm CBD flower, 100mg of NL flower does the Half batch? Do I have this right?

Should the weight stay the same after decarb if I put the above measure in the oven?
Mg/ serving size you thing is good?

PianoStan

PianoStan

I make infused oil with both Sativa, Indica, autos, hybrids etc. (Always use buds)

I believe infusing and ingesting all of them comes out to the same effect. None of my consumers ever ask or say some feel different than others.
Yes. Terpenes start to cook at around 70F (no, I didn't forget the "1" lol). So the process of infusing oil/butter/tincture pretty much wipes them out.

PianoStan

PianoStan

OK I have CBD flower that has 17%CBD and 0.5% THC a 34:1 ratio. And NL Indica that’s about 15% thx.

So would like to make 10:1 ratio and decarb some for the 2nd half of that brownie mix (CBD Med brownies) and some for a tincture.

But for this CBD brownie mix Is like to just do ground up decarb flower old school. 8 Mini brownies in the loaf pan which is about 1/2 a 16x9 pan. What do I need to do the brownies?

Assuming same 25mg per serving with 22.5mg of CBD and 2.5mg of NL. 25mgx8=200mg total
So CBD gives 170mg/Gm CBD and 5mg/gm THC
NL gives 150mg/gm

So I come up with 1.06 gram of CBD flower for 90%, and 100mg of NL for 10%.

90% of the 200mg total for CBD is 180mg cbd needed

10% of the 200mg total for NL is 20mg thx needed - 100mg of NL to get to 15mg and then add the thx for the CBD flower which would be about 5mg to get the 20mg thx total for the batch.

So 1.6gm CBD flower, 100mg of NL flower does the Half batch? Do I have this right?

Should the weight stay the same after decarb if I put the above measure in the oven?
Mg/ serving size you thing is good?
I remember that you and your wife had a bet about which worked better, but there are a few problems with this plan.

To get what you are looking for, it is 1.06 grams CBD, and 1.3 grams of NL.

But if you just go old school, and toss it into the batter, you don't have any control over where in the mix the NL ends up, and where the CBD goes.

Also, it will have SOME level of decarbing happening, but you will have no control over how much or where in the pan is properly decarbed. Some brownies might have a good effect, and some might be totally normal.

If you want to win the bet, this is where you do it! Just go old school exactly as you have planned in the quoted post.

You could try an experiment since you want to go old school. You could just toss the weed, and the oil for the mix into the Ongrok machine, and hit the "butter" button. And then in 2 hours you will have pulverized canna-oil, and the strains will be properly mixed for uniformity and maximum absorption. It would test whether or not the Ongrok machine decarbs the weed even though the company says that it doesn't. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't, and you are back to decarbing the old school way, in the mix, in the oven.

However, if you want the best possible results, you will need to decarb separate from the batter.

B

Budclarkson

I remember that you and your wife had a bet about which worked better, but there are a few problems with this plan.

To get what you are looking for, it is 1.06 grams CBD, and 1.3 grams of NL.

But if you just go old school, and toss it into the batter, you don't have any control over where in the mix the NL ends up, and where the CBD goes.

Also, it will have SOME level of decarbing happening, but you will have no control over how much or where in the pan is properly decarbed. Some brownies might have a good effect, and some might be totally normal.

If you want to win the bet, this is where you do it! Just go old school exactly as you have planned in the quoted post.

You could try an experiment since you want to go old school. You could just toss the weed, and the oil for the mix into the Ongrok machine, and hit the "butter" button. And then in 2 hours you will have pulverized canna-oil, and the strains will be properly mixed for uniformity and maximum absorption. It would test whether or not the Ongrok machine decarbs the weed even though the company says that it doesn't. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't, and you are back to decarbing the old school way, in the mix, in the oven.

However, if you want the best possible results, you will need to decarb separate from the batter.
I thing your math is wrong on the NL, should be 100mg (0.100gram) of Bud for the 10% of 150mg/gram (15%thc). So the NL contributes 15mg thc to go with the 5mg from the CBD for 20mg total thx in the 10:1 Med Brownies.

It isn’t much, just decarbed in the junker toaster oven. It’s off by 60degrees at least so I did 300F for 35 minutes “Set it and forget it.”

During the bake off it should add to the decarb more. If even necessary.

Here is it going in, not much required. The larger purple stuff is the CBD.

496BB108 75CB 4CB9 9E97 0F82B69AB65F

F3B87F37 9D32 4454 9CF1 CF9C1C1685A8

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom